[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Thierry Henry will be a far bigger threat at our place than in Higbury as he needs space to shine. Ljunberg and those runs are a worry. Reyes sometimes can be a complete waste of space and i am hoping this is one of those times. We have to score at Highbury as i am sure Arsenal will score at stadio del Alpi. camoranesi should play better than he did in both games against Werder Bremen as Flamini is not a left back and hopefully we will have strikers that will perform so much better than the pathetic displays Ronaldo put in. How he finished both games is a misery. Fabregas has gotta be bossed in both games. Zlatan has to stand up and be counted this time around as we need all of them in what ever capacity whether as a starter or from the bench , they all need to prove their worth

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
denco said:
Thierry Henry will be a far bigger threat at our place than in Higbury as he needs space to shine. Ljunberg and those runs are a worry. Reyes sometimes can be a complete waste of space and i am hoping this is one of those times. We have to score at Highbury as i am sure Arsenal will score at stadio del Alpi. camoranesi should play better than he did in both games against Werder Bremen as Flamini is not a left back and hopefully we will have strikers that will perform so much better than the pathetic displays Ronaldo put in. How he finished both games is a misery. Fabregas has gotta be bossed in both games. Zlatan has to stand up and be counted this time around as we need all of them in what ever capacity whether as a starter or from the bench , they all need to prove their worth
It is true that Henry will be better in Turin,Highbury has a small pitch & we play better in small pitches.We must get a good result in London.this is the first time I want Cap. to play his tipical 4_4_2,it will get us the result we need though at home he must change it!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
how ironic it will be that Arsenal will defeat us in the first season that Vieira is with us

Arsenal has too much speed and pace, and Henry will give our defense fits like they've never seen before.

I am a bit of an Arsenal fan, I enjoy watching them play, with all their offense and pace.

The surefire way to stop Arsenal is to play 5 midfielders, just like Bolton did, beating them easily this season 2 times.

Shutting down their midfield slows down their game, and makes it all the harder for them to get Henry the ball, and the offense suffers.

I dont believe Capello would ever consider playing with a lone striker, and packing the midfield with 5 players, to slow Arsenal down. He will go out there with his 4-4-2 junk, and Arsenal is used to playing teams who are BETTER than us at that system.

Wenger is a thinking coach, and will make adjustments when necessary, unlike our coach...and thats where the game will be won for Arsenal

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Vinman said:
how ironic it will be that Arsenal will defeat us in the first season that Vieira is with us

Arsenal has too much speed and pace, and Henry will give our defense fits like they've never seen before.

I am a bit of an Arsenal fan, I enjoy watching them play, with all their offense and pace.

The surefire way to stop Arsenal is to play 5 midfielders, just like Bolton did, beating them easily this season 2 times.

Shutting down their midfield slows down their game, and makes it all the harder for them to get Henry the ball, and the offense suffers.

I dont believe Capello would ever consider playing with a lone striker, and packing the midfield with 5 players, to slow Arsenal down. He will go out there with his 4-4-2 junk, and Arsenal is used to playing teams who are BETTER than us at that system.

Wenger is a thinking coach, and will make adjustments when necessary, unlike our coach...and thats where the game will be won for Arsenal

I totally agree with Vinnie. Arsenal is much quicker and explosive than people get ehm credit for. Henry is probably the best striker in Europe this year. Even if you can stop Hleb and Lundberg from distributing to Henry you have to remember one thing. Henry is a dynamo, he runs up and down the field to get involved in the play and create his own opportunities if needed. He isnt going to sit on his ass like Zlatan and Trez (to a small extent) if his midfield isnt coming through. Also more importantly, Lehman is in goal not Tim Wisse.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Vinman said:

Oh my god man,u r too positive this time.Come on say it don't be scared.Ok I'll say it for u.We will lose home & away.Henry will be dancing arounD our defenders,they will dominate us & finally ur speciaL touch:Capello=Crapello!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Vinman said:

Actually I was talking about the five midfielders with someone else and it can be overcome by playing a three man defence with Camoranesi and Zambrotta as pure wingers.

Players like Camoranesi and Zambrotta are fast enough to provide attacking power on the sides and run back to help in counter attacks. The other three midfielders are of course Emerson and Vieria whose role will be more defenisve and not the way they are used now (and not working) and one midlfielder that is more offensive.

That third midfielder should be Nedved in the home game, but he 's suspended in the first game, Mutu can do the job or Del Piero with Mutu - trezeguet up front. Personally I think DP can do the job better because he can give a faster pass due to his flair and experience, while Mutu's speed can beat the likes od Senderos in Arsenal's box.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Vinman said:

yes it could happen.

so often when i watch our team playing in CL i dont see much movement, its like even the players just stand on their position so i can see 4-4-2. when i watch other teams like barcelona or lyon or someone else, i see a lot of movement and team really looks so strong, like a unit(lyon really looks like a unit when playing) but our players playing....i dont know, sometimes lazy and not very fast and doesnt look like a good buildup or unit. its like a group of headless chickens.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Jeeks said:
Actually I was talking about the five midfielders with someone else and it can be overcome by playing a three man defence with Camoranesi and Zambrotta as pure wingers.

Players like Camoranesi and Zambrotta are fast enough to provide attacking power on the sides and run back to help in counter attacks. The other three midfielders are of course Emerson and Vieria whose role will be more defenisve and not the way they are used now (and not working) and one midlfielder that is more offensive.

That third midfielder should be Nedved in the home game, but he 's suspended in the first game, Mutu can do the job or Del Piero with Mutu - trezeguet up front. Personally I think DP can do the job better because he can give a faster pass due to his flair and experience, while Mutu's speed can beat the likes od Senderos in Arsenal's box.
hm, 5 midfielders, well it sounds good but then we will have only 3 defenders, and that is scary, especially with the likes of henry.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Jeeks said:

Both Mutu and DP are wasted in the midfield. And who's gonna play center back, Thuram? Zebina? Juve should just attack using Trezeget as the lone striker with Camoranesi and Mutu or Mutu and DP attacking behind him. Then play Viera and Emerson behind them as holders with the usual four back defense. Attack, attack, attack and do not let Lehman breathe or Henry counter. Thats how Juve should do it but Old Pinch Face wont.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Stephan said:
hm, 5 midfielders, well it sounds good but then we will have only 3 defenders, and that is scary, especially with the likes of henry.

4-5-1

just like Bolton, who easily handled Arsenal twice this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)