[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2003
The best way to prepare for this match is for Capello to watch Arsenal's matches against Bolton. They were physical, the Arsenal didn't like it, they may be fast and good technically, but they can be bossed. Somehow though, I doubt Capello will do it any other way than his own.

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
hambon said:
Player to Player we are far superior to them....as for the speed part we can contain them easily...If they could only score 1 goal against an old madrid that pretty much negates the speed issue....i could out run the madrid players and i am not that fast...If henry is contained then its pretty much game over he is thier only weapon since he can finish with class and he is the only one who assists them....Lungberg and reyes could be a problem but zambo and the boys can stop them dead in thier tracks.....dont forget dp is with us and leahman has felt the wrath of the italians since he ate four goals with the german defence....toure and eboue will get sniffed up by mutu on the wing....the abe and Trez will demolish thier defence leaving them praying for the ref to whistle it over......dont forget paddy will be out to prove himself .....plus the team will look to gain thier champions form after the bremen tie.......personally i think it will be 2-0 at highbury and a 2-1 at the old lady.....arsenal mabey hungry and have kids that can run like muthafvcks....but we are even hungrier and will be like a pack of lions out for the kill......they will not stand in our way...There probably shitting in thier pants as we speak since they played thier best against real and know they wont be able to do it again against a PowerHouse like JUVENTUS

FORZA JUVENTUS!!!

MamMA MIA!!! great post FRATELLO!
thats the shit i am talking about FORZA JUVENTUS!!!
cool huh vieira and arsenal stand between each other and 1of the 2 is gowing treu and it will be the first time for arsenal ore Vieira and i am sure Vieira is gowing to rock againts his old team mate's

FORZA JUVENTUS!!

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
hambon said:
Lay off jeeks ya idiots...its his opinion...respect my brothat ffs...
Hammy! who's attacking Jeeks? I certainly aint. Everyone has an opinion of course, thats why were here. I respect that shit!

One Love!:eyebrows:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Is this groundhog day with a twist?
Last season Liverpool who also wear red beat Juve and went on to meet Chelsea who wear blue and they went on to win the cup. Liverpool were poor in the league especially their away form and were short of strikers. Their talisman went to Real cos he wanted to win the Cl which ironically Liverpool managed to do. After winning the Cl they came 5th and there was controversy as to whether the defending champs would allow back to defend. Who came fourth, none other than their great rivals Everton
Arsenal who play in red, are to meet Juve, they are struggling in the league especailly their away form, their talisman has left to join Juve because he wants to win Cl. If they get past Juve , they are more than likely to meet a team in blue which most likely to be Inter. If they get to win cl and come 5th , guess who are currently fourth, none other than their great rivals Tottenham
Now if the pope or anyother prominent person dies between now and our tie with Arsenal it will be time to start humming the tune to X-FILES

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I think we will make it!!!

Arsenal must have some respect for us,because we are better team,and if we use our way of playing,I think that we will pass them.

Forza Juve!!!

Sep 14, 2003
Alot of the spotlight will be on Vieira, good, if it takes some of the heat of the other players..

Arsenal like to play football, they're not the types who will just get crosses in all night - out great weakness. Reyes is quick, as is Henry of course, but they're direct players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
giovanotti said:
I think we will make it!!!

Arsenal must have some respect for us,because we are better team,and if we use our way of playing,I think that we will pass them.

Forza Juve!!!
What way of playing? Starting with injured players and wanting to win 1-0?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
denco said:
Is this groundhog day with a twist?
Last season Liverpool who also wear red beat Juve and went on to meet Chelsea who wear blue and they went on to win the cup. Liverpool were poor in the league especially their away form and were short of strikers. Their talisman went to Real cos he wanted to win the Cl which ironically Liverpool managed to do. After winning the Cl they came 5th and there was controversy as to whether the defending champs would allow back to defend. Who came fourth, none other than their great rivals Everton
Arsenal who play in red, are to meet Juve, they are struggling in the league especailly their away form, their talisman has left to join Juve because he wants to win Cl. If they get past Juve , they are more than likely to meet a team in blue which most likely to be Inter. If they get to win cl and come 5th , guess who are currently fourth, none other than their great rivals Tottenham
Now if the pope or anyother prominent person dies between now and our tie with Arsenal it will be time to start humming the tune to X-FILES
:lol:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Arsenal v Juventus
Tuesday 28 March & Wednesday 5 April

Form: Arsenal are struggling at home but going well in Europe, while for Juve it is a bit of a role reversal. The Italians are running away with Serie A but squeaked through the last round of the Champions League with a lucky win over Werder Bremen.

Last match: Arsenal 0-0 Real Madrid (agg 1-0)
Last match: Juventus 2-1 W Bremen (agg 4-4)
Odds: Arsenal - 11/1; Juventus - 7/2.

Strengths: In a young side, Gunners skipper Thierry Henry will have to be at his talismanic best. The Frenchman is returning to a former side, but all the pre-match focus will be on a man making a return in the opposite direction, Patrick Vieira. His midfield partnership with Emerson clicked from the off and another of Henry's old mates, David Trezeguet, will be a potent attacking presence in partnership with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Weaknesses: The rivals are from opposite ends of the experience spectrum which could play in to Juve's hands. But then again, Arsenal could outrun their exalted opponents. The Italians have an ageing defence and will be without Pavel Nedved for the first leg.

Your verdict:
Juventus will go through, the fact that the first game is at Highbury may have an important effect because if Juventus get an away goal they will build from there back in Italy.
Ben James, England

Patrick Vieira left Highbury in search of Champions League glory. I can bet he'll wish he had stayed on because the Gunners' firing power will blaze past Juve and with the seemingly favourable route to the final, he will be watching as Henry leads Arsenal to glory.
Erick Obed, Lusaka, Zambia.

bbc.co.uk

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Vieira says Highbury return was his destiny

ROME, March 10 (Reuters) - Former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira says he will be thinking only about winning when he returns to his old club with Juventus in the Champions League.

The draw for the quarter-finals paired the Italian league leaders with Arsenal, taking the 29-year-old Frenchman back to Highbury for the first time since he left last year for Turin.

"At times destiny serves up some surprises," Vieira, who joined Arsenal in 1996 from AC Milan, told the Juve website.

"Obviously for me it will be a special match, seeing that I'll be returning to Highbury as part of the opposing team.

"But beyond that I'll be thinking only of winning."

World Cup winner Vieira won three Premier League titles and four FA Cups while at Arsenal. The Highbury first leg takes place on March 28 with the return leg on April 5.

Reuters

i hope winning for juve :tongue:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Jeeks said:
What way of playing? Starting with injured players and wanting to win 1-0?
Way of playing wich gave us only 5 lost games of the season...Arsenal may have the fast way of playing,but our main quality is to spoil opponent's performance..
I believe we can do the task.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
guys guys, i assure you, arsenal are more frightened of us then we are of them, i've been speaking to arsenal fans here, and they are gutted, very upset about drawing us, we should win, we have the players to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)