[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Stephan said:
btw, i wonder what Vieira thinks about this now? i hope he has balls to play AGAINST arsenal.

Well if he wants his transfer to be a sucess then Vieira will have to perform and prove to US and Them that his move WAS infact the right decision, Especially seeing as the main reason was C.L related.

My ticket for the Highbury clash is being processed so i'll be going.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tom said:
Well, if Real can't score past them, how are we gonna manage it? Secondly Henry will eat our ageing DM's and CB's alive.
That's what I've been saying, I was called ignorant.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Jeeks said:
That's what I've been saying, I was called ignorant.
Ignorance is in the mind of the beholder

or something like that

Time will tell. On paper, our team is better. In all other ways possible, Arsenal are favourites for this tie. We ALWAYS play shit against English teams. Always!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Not to forget we are playing against an English side that has nothing more to do in the national league, a side that lost their captain against the opponent to win the CL, a side that is full of young fast players, a side that is full of hungry, thirsty call it whatever you want for some of th Euro glory and above all a side that has a reputaion of not reaching anywhere in this cup.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
ZAF3000 said:
What if they are fast.. If you think we cannot handle Arsenal's speed, then why don't you look at it from a different prospective.? Why don't you say how will answer handle Del Piero's talent and passes, or Trezeguet lethal finishing, or Nedved's rockets, or Ibra's dribbling, or Emerson's blocks, or Camoranesi's corsses, or Mutu's backheels, or Cannavaro's Oooohness, or Buffon's saves, or Zambrotta's everysingle run..etc...
Very well said ZaF, this bullshit is going on lately is really nonsense. eveyrone is negative, no one is/they don't want to remember the good games we had. Just the negative parts..

This is a real tough draw, but when we are on good form,and all the players are fit, there won't be any problem. We can even beat the best. I just hope we play with the right mentality, and we should definitly rest DP untill these matches, and hopefully this Zlatan's bad form will end till then, and regains his good old form, which will be a great option for us to use.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Brixity said:
I cannot beleive this shit !!! It's Liverpool all over agian - I swear this shit is rigged !

Arsenal have too many similarities with the Pool of last year :

- They r strugling in their league like Pool was doing last year with unexplainable good CL form
- They r fighting to not lose a player i.e Henry just as Pool was doin with Gerrard
- They have a cup tied player they just bought i.e Addebayor = Morientes
- They have players who left for the sake of CL glory i.e Owen = Vieira

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME I'M JUST PARANOYED !!!
this disturbes me because it's true

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
Very well said ZaF, this bullshit is going on lately is really nonsense. eveyrone is negative, no one is/they don't want to remember the good games we had. Just the negative parts..
The problem is we haven't had a good game in so much long time that we all forgot the good games we had. Moreover, we didn't have so many good games so that our memory will be better refreshed.

snoop said:
This is a real tough draw, but when we are on good form,and all the players are fit, there won't be any problem. We can even beat the best. I just hope we play with the right mentality, and we should definitly rest DP untill these matches, and hopefully this Zlatan's bad form will end till then, and regains his good old form, which will be a great option for us to use.
These are our problems, ALL our players are unfit. We are not on good form. We very rarely go in a game with the right mentality, we rarely choose the right players to start. Zlatan's bad form has been going on for so long that there is no ray of light saying that it will end anytime soon.

jon4647

Sep 26, 2004
some how i feel this draw is good... the only threat for arsenal is henry. keep him quiet and thats it....

real couldnt score against them....neither did arsenal scored against madrid in the 2nd leg.Arsenal goal in the 1st leg was a magic by henry.

i wont worry much bout arsenal TBH

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Tom said:
Ignorance is in the mind of the beholder

or something like that

Time will tell. On paper, our team is better. In all other ways possible, Arsenal are favourites for this tie. We ALWAYS play shit against English teams. Always!
That's true In Lippi's time, I was always scared to face the premier league teams back then. But with Capello, we only played one team, Liverpool. It is early to say something like that IMO.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
We stand a much higher chance than Real against Arsenal because we're so much more of a physical side.

Bolton, Blackburn and even Newcastle have bullied them into submission.

I'm sure Emo and Viera aren't exactly the biggest bunch of pussies you wanna play against so I'm going for a goal-less draw with lots of long balls at Highbury and us nicking a flattering win due to their lack of experience at Turin - like they're playing well we score and they're demoralized, know wat i mean? ;)

Hope we see Villareal in the semis. Would be boring to beat Inter again :D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jeeks said:
The problem is we haven't had a good game in so much long time that we all forgot the good games we had. Moreover, we didn't have so many good games so that our memory will be better refreshed.
Inter games and Roma's are enough for me to be convinced that when we are in good form, we are as great as the other greats. Hopefully we will play with that mentality, and that form.

These are our problems, ALL our players are unfit. We are not on good form. We very rarely go in a game with the right mentality, we rarely choose the right players to start. Zlatan's bad form has been going on for so long that there is no ray of light saying that it will end anytime soon.
I don't agree, with the matches we played so far, maybe we played with more than 70% maybe with the right mentality. we can't ignore that!

If we will just look to the games we strugled, then no point to discuss this. I am not satsified with the way we qualified from the second round, but shit happens with every team. We were lucky to save the deserved victory the last minutes. No big deal!

BTW Didn't you guys wanted big teams like Barcelona? knowing that juve plays better in big matches? :confused:

and As for Zlatan's form, he was doing better lately before the werder matches, in seria A.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
We will not be able to handle the Arsenal speed. They are engines, from defenders to the attackers. The players are hungry, they have showed the best football I've seen in the previous stage. Everyone was saying Barcelona and Milan were the most fearful but fact of the matter is Arsenal displayed better than those two.

Barcelona could not win over Chelsea, they only won when they outnumbered them. Milan played one good game in the encounter and we all know that Milan has been incosistant throughout the whole season.

Concerning the CL, since the group stages, Arsenal were playing winning football. They are playing football that we have no clue against.

As far as I am concerned, we are not going further than the draw.
i will have to disagree with u there..i didnt see the 2nd game against madrid, but in the first game they didnt deserve to beat madrid... i think they were just lucky to get madrid in such a distrubed time of their season.
And for an attacking side they could only score one goal in two legs, against a weak madrid defence.

Barca r by far better than arsenal, and they should've beaten chelsea by a further margin..chelsea didnt deserve to anything from both games.

For me i think the team learned a few things from last year.
Our worst enemy is ourselves, complacency is the biggest issue here.If we can go through the ties with 100% concentration then I WILL ASSURE u arsenal won't even get a sight of the semis

but it will be a very interesting tie, as juve always had a problem with english teams.

forza juvee

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
jon4647 said:
some how i feel this draw is good... the only threat for arsenal is henry. keep him quiet and thats it....

real couldnt score against them....neither did arsenal scored against madrid in the 2nd leg.Arsenal goal in the 1st leg was a magic by henry.

i wont worry much bout arsenal TBH
I think you haven't seen much of Fabregas, Silva, Ljungberg, Van Perie and especially Reyes. So far all the critics say that the 0-0 draw at highbury was one of the most tactical games one has seen this season. It is not as easy as you are describing it, Henry is not the whole team, all the boys are one big group.

snoop said:
That's true In Lippi's time, I was always scared to face the premier league teams back then. But with Capello, we only played one team, Liverpool. It is early to say something like that IMO.
And we all saw how bad we played agaisnt Liverpool, in BOTH legs.

s0ftcore said:
We stand a much higher chance than Real against Arsenal because we're so much more of a physical side.

Bolton, Blackburn and even Newcastle have bullied them into submission.

I'm sure Emo and Viera aren't exactly the biggest bunch of pussies you wanna play against so I'm going for a goal-less draw with lots of long balls at Highbury and us nicking a flattering win due to their lack of experience at Turin - like they're playing well we score and they're demoralized, know wat i mean? ;)

Hope we see Villareal in the semis. Would be boring to beat Inter again :D
We are a physicla side but our fitness is down the drain. Comparing Premiership games to CL games doesn't stand because last year the fifth in the EPL won the Champion's League. Liverpool were being humiliated in the league, against Chelsea especially and they kicked Chelsea out.

Are you so sure we will play in the semis? I won't be as optimistic as you, disappointments are a killer.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
Inter games and Roma's are enough for me to be convinced that when we are in good form, we are as great as the other greats. Hopefully we will play with that mentality, and that form.

I don't agree, with the matches we played so far, maybe we played with more than 70% maybe with the right mentality. we can't ignore that!

If we will just look to the games we strugled, then no point to discuss this. I am not satsified with the way we qualified from the second round, but shit happens with every team. We were lucky to save the deserved victory the last minutes. No big deal!

BTW Didn't you guys wanted big teams like Barcelona? knowing that juve plays better in big matches? :confused:

and As for Zlatan's form, he was doing better lately before the werder matches, in seria A.
Yes I stil want a big team. Fact of the matter is even Arsenal themselves consider themselves not a big team. The aura against Arsenal's failure in Europe will haunt us.

As for Zlatan, doing good in two games out of the 30 we played is not enough. Proof is, after playing two good games, he came back to more horrible than ever.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Don`t compare us to Real
Juve are a lot better than Real our forawards are better our midfielders are better
and our defenders are better not to mention we have the best GK in the world
the only thing that may let you think Real is better is that they are playing a more attacking football than us
We tend to play more relaxed than attacking a thing that probably annoy every one of us
If we play more attacking football you would see how good we are

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
sateeh said:
i will have to disagree with u there..i didnt see the 2nd game against madrid, but in the first game they didnt deserve to beat madrid... i think they were just lucky to get madrid in such a distrubed time of their season.
And for an attacking side they could only score one goal in two legs, against a weak madrid defence.

Barca r by far better than arsenal, and they should've beaten chelsea by a further margin..chelsea didnt deserve to anything from both games.

For me i think the team learned a few things from last year.
Our worst enemy is ourselves, complacency is the biggest issue here.If we can go through the ties with 100% concentration then I WILL ASSURE u arsenal won't even get a sight of the semis

but it will be a very interesting tie, as juve always had a problem with english teams.

forza juvee
The fact is that Cassillas saved Madrid from tons of definite goals. I think you saw that. I think you saw how fast are they with the cpunter attack and how efficient with their through balls and turbo propeeled players. They will run behind Thuram and co like no other.

As far as learning from last year, can you exactly point out where did we learn? Against Bremen? in the away game or the home game?

You are also so sure that Juventus will win the encounter, again I give you an advice that disappointments really hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)