Ciro Ferrara (14 Viewers)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Why can't he become our Pep?
Barca took a huge gamble and you can see that it worked pretty well for them.

Serving under Lippi for sometime, I am sure he may have got what tit takes to proceed.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Serving under Lippi for sometime, I am sure he may have got what tit takes to proceed.
Barca are arguably the best team in the world; all they really need is discipline.

Juve need a coach with rather more than that.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

Pep has done fantastically at Barca dont get me wrong I cant praise his work enough, But Barca only needed a few touch ups to be world class again. We need a new facelift, so for that we need an experienced, successful tactician. But FORZA CIRO!!

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
It depends on how he perfprms, and the discussion the board will have after those 2 games. You never know what happens. After all if he's good and up to the job, he may continue. I think in the press conference Blanc talked about this point briefly.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
a problem will be to decide his future after the season.

two matchdays is hardly enough to evaluate if he got what it takes to coach us.

hopefully the board will not be to lazy to search for a replacement, even if he does well the next 2 games

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I guess the joy of seeing Ciro on board made me forget the shape we are in. Thanx for the reminder guys :)

Our... pleasure??? :p

a problem will be to decide his future after the season.

two matchdays is hardly enough to evaluate if he got what it takes to coach us.

hopefully the board will not be to lazy to search for a replacement, even if he does well the next 2 games
2 games isn't enough to judge him so the board will have to look for a replacement, it is only a short term measure. I'm really interested in seeing who the shortlist will include, the obvious names are Spalletti and Conte. Prandelli and gasperini are out of reach now....

Jul 10, 2006
I'll eat my hat if he is not the coach for next season.

Reason being, he is in situ, well loved by the fans (keeps them subdued), and cheep.
True. But I think the board will feel the need to get an experienced coach and give Ciro the chance to prove himself elsewhere like Conte is doing.

If they don't keep him, they better make a good choice on the next manager.

Jul 10, 2006
BTW, this move should have been made at least two weeks ago. WTF has really changed since then to make them do it now? We've been in danger of losing third place for a while now it seems.

Ranieri should have been sacked when we were knocked out of the Coppa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)