Ciro Ferrara (9 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't think two games will tell us if he is a great coach or just a back-up. I, on the other hand, think that if the team reacts positively to his appointment and enjoy his leadership they may be the ones to tip the kettle one way or the other.

Man, this is exciting. Reminds me of the glory days. Although not as a player, he as a coach is reunited with the old guard he was once a part of. The big players like Gigi, Nedved, DP, and Trez will have that look in their eyes again and I can't wait to see it. I imagine they all will have a smile on their faces when they take the field. I think that with Ciro they will enjoy soccer once again.

I also think that should we keep him next year Giovinco will get sooooo much more playing time as he is technically a product of Ciro though Primavera. I know Gio is excited that's for damn sure. I also expect a much TIGHTER defense these next two games. Thank goodness we have someone who knows defense tactics and can run the defense.

I know its risky, but I think I would like Ciro to stay on next year. With Canna/Chiellini and Buffon (maybe DC) we will have a great defense with a coach that has massive understanding in that department. Now, some may be concerned of a defensive 442 all over again but should we get Diego then I think that answers any concerns we might have of playing defensive. Having Ciro as coach IMO won't make us play more defensively but more intelligently at the back to give our midfield and offense less pressure though smarter play. And Gigi won't be having any more heart attacks.

Your thoughts? please discuss...

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I could see the product on the field being a lot more efficient under Ferrara, that's for sure. And as you've noted, his appointment will surely give the older players something to feed off of, which will funnel down to the younger players. Of course, by saying "feed off" I'm referring to motivation rather than cannibalism. I don't think the older guys are that pissed off yet.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I think they waited for the perfect time to put him in charge... They wanted him to start off with a win, and who better than Siena for a certain win?
I don't think the timing is exactly ideal. This should've been done seven or eight weeks ago. Will Diego come now when he sees that everything is a mess? Or perhaps they've told him who they've got lined up as a coach? Maybe Ferrara stays and becomes a player-coach, anchoring the centre with Cannavaro to form the Neapolitan Wall?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well we should have beat Atalanta buuuutttt....we will win. I know it. From start to finish we will dominate. I just can't wait to see what his lineup will be. HAHA Ariaudo/Giovinco/De Ceglie...fuck off Marchionni is probably packing his bags already as Molinaro his buying a seat cushion for the bench. DP and Trez just went out and bought some now boots to score with. Neddy is already running. Camo is practicing kicking the corner flag. IQ is working on his first touch. Chiellini is a bull in a cage waiting to be let out. Zanetti/Poulsen are ready to regulate. Buffon is looking for his Superman cape. Amauri is confused because he has no idea what is about to happen...about to find out what Juventus is capable of. Tiago just put his diaper on. Grygera...I forgot about Gryera. He just re-trimmed his bowl cut. Zebina...I forgot him too. He is is trying to find a way from stopping his receding hair line. I think everyone else is injured.

Hell, even our Primavera boys think they might have a chance.

Did I miss anyone?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't think the timing is exactly ideal. This should've been done seven or eight weeks ago. Will Diego come now when he sees that everything is a mess? Or perhaps they've told him who they've got lined up as a coach? Maybe Ferrara stays and becomes a player-coach, anchoring the centre with Cannavaro to form the Neapolitan Wall?
I'd prefer no Ranieri even if that mens no Diego than getting Diego and keeping Ranieri... of course, I was skeptical about the Diego deal even when it seemed a certainty.

Hey, and we don't need Cannavaro to "share his experience with the younger defenders" because Ferrara can do that now. Maybe he can teach them how to man mark, old school style.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Too damn bad Deschamps has found a club. Where is Montero these days? I'd like to see him kung fu the hell out of someone.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'd prefer no Ranieri even if that mens no Diego than getting Diego and keeping Ranieri... of course, I was skeptical about the Diego deal even when it seemed a certainty.

Hey, and we don't need Cannavaro to "share his experience with the younger defenders" because Ferrara can do that now. Maybe he can teach them how to man mark, old school style.
OR both he and Canna can teach....Ariaudo and Criscito have a lot to learn. Even Chiellini and De Ceglie obviously too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well we should have beat Atalanta buuuutttt....we will win. I know it. From start to finish we will dominate. I just can't wait to see what his lineup will be. HAHA Ariaudo/Giovinco/De Ceglie...fuck off Marchionni is probably packing his bags already as Molinaro his buying a seat cushion for the bench. DP and Trez just went out and bought some now boots to score with. Neddy is already running. Camo is practicing kicking the corner flag. IQ is working on his first touch. Chiellini is a bull in a cage waiting to be let out. Zanetti/Poulsen are ready to regulate. Buffon is looking for his Superman cape. Amauri is confused because he has no idea what is about to happen...about to find out what Juventus is capable of. Tiago just put his diaper on. Grygera...I forgot about Gryera. He just re-trimmed his bowl cut. Zebina...I forgot him too. He is is trying to find a way from stopping his receding hair line. I think everyone else is injured.

Hell, even our Primavera boys think they might have a chance.

Did I miss anyone?
:tup: :lol:

You forgot CHIMENTI, he is busy worrying about Il Capitano stealing his goalkeeping duties in the club (was a charity game tonight where Ale was goalie for one team, and Chimenti the other, Ale looked more like a goalie :lol: ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)