Chivu (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2005
A player judgment which rely on one match isn't worthy of a reply... Chivu IS a fantastic defender and a true back line leader and he prove it since his Ajax days till now... conceding 7 goals on one crazy match can hardly effect this fact.
did you not read the whole post? Past few seasons as well.. Unless he's had a major turn of form this season and became superman overnight, I doubt I'd rate him any better..

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Barca And Chivu Allowed To Discuss Personal Terms

Christian Chivu is set to become a Barcelona player within 24 horus, with an agreement between Barca and Roma almost done.

Their latest offer is a staight cash one, very close to the 18 million euros that Roma are demanding at the moment.

Prade spoke about the issue upon his return from Spain, and clearly indicated that he was pleased with Barcelona's offer.

"The Blaugrana offer is interesting," he said. "Roma continue to request 18 million euros for Chivu, ans while we cannot reveal the details for the sake of confidentiality, the offer is very interesting.

"We will now take between 24 and 48 hours to think about it, and then speak again.

"In the meantime, Roma have authorized Barcelona to speak with Chivu and his agent, given the great relations between the two clubs."

That Chivu can now speak with Barcelona is being taken as an indication that an agreement has been reached, at least in principle, and that only some details remain to be ironed out.

Prade refused to speak about Inter, or whether they had in between made an offer that was superior to Barcelona's. It had been suggested that Chivu was more keen to stay on in Italy, but reports today have suggested that to not be the case.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
We aren't linked to Chivu but I seriously think we should be going after the guy.

Its reported that Roma want 12 million pounds, I say Chivu is worth everypenny.

I really don''t know why we aren't going after the guy. The only thing I can think of is that Chivu won't pick us (CL-less and rebuilding) as opposed to Star studded Barca or spoiled Inter.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Chivu was, is and always will be a Roma fun, he would never join Juve,
he told that himself
and Roma would force him to do that, only for a very very huge price,.
He is only considering Barca, because they are a prestigious club,
very important for Romanian players and because Roma are interested to cash in, if they get a good deal.
I m certain he will not join Inter despite being their primary target...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Chivu was, is and always will be a Roma fun, he would never join Juve,
he told that himself
and Roma would force him to do that, only for a very very huge price,.
He is only considering Barca, because they are a prestigious club,
very important for Romanian players and because Roma are interested to cash in, if they get a good deal.
I m certain he will not join Inter despite being their primary target...
he will join barca since the deal is almost done

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Real increase Chivu bid

Cristian Chivu’s future remains in the balance as Real Madrid reportedly bid £10.8m, so the pressure is back on Inter.

Roma have confirmed the defender is up for sale and a bidding war has broken out between Italy and Spain.

While Barcelona appear to have pulled out of negotiations after having been very close to his signature, Real Madrid are now battling the Nerazzurri every step of the way.

It is reported that new tactician Berndt Schuster has requested Chivu to strengthen the Merengues defence.

Chivu has already given his preference to Inter, but if the club will not match Real’s latest £10.8m offer, then Roma may send him to Spain instead.

So far Massimo Moratti is said to have bid a maximum of £10m, while the Giallorossi set his price-tag at £12m.

It is also reported that this series of events has indirectly caused problems for Juventus, as the on-going Chivu saga prompted Barcelona to turn their attention towards Gabriel Milito.

The Zaragoza star had been on the verge of signing for Juventus before Barca intervened, putting a spanner in the works of that deal.

So Claudio Ranieri is focusing on a solution closer to home, such as Palermo centre-back Andrea Barzagli or Stuttgart defender Fernando Meira.

channel4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chivu nears Real deal

After a complex saga of many twists and turns, Cristian Chivu is reportedly hours away from signing for Real Madrid.

The Romanian defender’s decision to leave Roma initially sparked a ferocious tug-of-war between Inter and Barcelona, but now it appears he will be plying his trade at the Bernabeu next season.

Real’s director of football Predrag Mijatovic is currently in Rome with agent Ernesto Bronzetti where they are believed to be finalising the deal.

It is widely suggested that Madrid will pay the Giallorossi just over £12m for Chivu.

An official announcement is expected within the next 24 hours.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul3g.html

damn!

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
Chivu nears Real deal

After a complex saga of many twists and turns, Cristian Chivu is reportedly hours away from signing for Real Madrid.

The Romanian defender’s decision to leave Roma initially sparked a ferocious tug-of-war between Inter and Barcelona, but now it appears he will be plying his trade at the Bernabeu next season.

Real’s director of football Predrag Mijatovic is currently in Rome with agent Ernesto Bronzetti where they are believed to be finalising the deal.

It is widely suggested that Madrid will pay the Giallorossi just over £12m for Chivu.

An official announcement is expected within the next 24 hours.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul3g.html

damn!

Thats good so long as he does not come to us and hopfully milito is no longer in their radar so that can join us ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)