Carlos Tevez (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Cassano in terms of pure technique is probably more talented than Tevez. He's got better ball control, better touch and better vision.

But for me Tevez is the better player. I think he's a better dribbler than Cassano actually, he's more of a team player, he's faster, stronger and even though he isnt the most deadly of strikers, i think he edges Cassano in terms of finishing. Most of all, he's got a better attitude and he is country miles ahead in terms of consistency.

I'd much rather watch Cassano play, as he is just a wizard with the ball. But no way can you convince me he is a better player than Tevez.

I've seen a few posters here saying that Cassano is playing with worse teammates. Did you guys see Tevez with West Ham, the guy single handedly lifted them to safety. And his teammates where shit as hell.

Agreed, in fact only Ronaldo is a consistent in goal scoring at MU. Rooney is over rated, and is praised by the media because he's english.

Juventus already has a natural goal scorer (tezeguet) who can play along amauri , delipiero, iaquinta with diego and givoinco providing creativity in midfield
Rooney is a brilliant player. He may be a little too glorified by the English press. But that does not take anything away from the ugly bastard. He's still a top player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Tevez is way more talented than Cassano. Fergie did him a bad one this season by not playing him instead of Rooney or Berbatov (who was far less effective).

PS. The whole Italian v. non-Italian argument is out in this case. Argies play just fine in Italy.
:disagree: Nope cassano is waay more skilled + talented than tevez. I never liked cassano never been a fan of him but i've followed he's career ever since he started playing in Bari up untill now. I would even go as far as saying that he's more talented than del piero and Totti !! He's attitude is just :inter: .

Take he's attitude away and you'll see one of the most talented players out there in the world. Saying all that i still won't take him today cause am still suspicious over he's attitude....

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I've been to a couple of Manchester United matches over the past few weeks and Tevez played in both matches from the start.

What was clearly evident is his committment to chase back when the opposition have possession as well as the strengths that Cronios highlighted in a post two pages back. Particularly his pace, ability to take the ball past defenders and a high percentage of shots (throughout all his time spent on the field during the season) on target. Pace is something we have lacked now for two seasons.

He is a tremendous impact player as a substitute becuase of this.

Cassano is undoubtedly talented. However, if there was ever a realistic opportunity to have to choose between the two, Tevez would be a far better option. The probable fee is almost certain to be a winning auction bid conducted by his 'owner'.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
tevez by himself saved west ham from relegation
I don't really remember him from West Ham so you might tell me how did he do it.
All i have are his stats from that season. In total he scored 7 goals on 29 matches for West Ham.

As for him not dribbling or running with the ball better than cassano puhleaaaase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnz4HRLsFmE

theres also a 2 and a 3 to that if it wasnt enough :D
I can't open the video for some reason but i can see the title and that it's from Boca. I'd like to see him in Europe and how successfully he's doing it. I'm pretty sure that Cassano, who's been proven as a great dribbler against much better oposition (just see what he did to Inter's defense few weeks ago), would do miracles in an inferior league.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:disagree: Nope cassano is waay more skilled + talented than tevez. I never liked cassano never been a fan of him but i've followed he's career ever since he started playing in Bari up untill now. I would even go as far as saying that he's more talented than del piero and Totti !! He's attitude is just :inter: .

Take he's attitude away and you'll see one of the most talented players out there in the world. Saying all that i still won't take him today cause am still suspicious over he's attitude....
Too bad he's getting old and he's got a bad attitude. Cassano is great player when he is happy, but if he isn't then he becomes a waste of space.

Tevez is a different creating forward than Cassano. He uses power and speed in a addition to his technical skill (dribbling, passing, etc). He'll play almost anywhere up top and do it without a complaint. Cassano isn't a better player than Tevez. And his attitude makes him a liability.

PS. In his prime Totti would run circles around Cassano, DelPie too.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't really remember him from West Ham so you might tell me how did he do it.
All i have are his stats from that season. In total he scored 7 goals on 29 matches for West Ham.
He scored all 7 goals in the last few games of the season. Including a cracker to beat Manchester and preserve Prem status. It was an "ice water" goal.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

I can't open the video for some reason but i can see the title and that it's from Boca. I'd like to see him in Europe and how successfully he's doing it. I'm pretty sure that Cassano, who's been proven as a great dribbler against much better oposition (just see what he did to Inter's defense few weeks ago), would do miracles in an inferior league.
for his west ham days just refer to fred's post. just watch the video before you make judgement

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
if trez leaves, very probable, we will need a quality forward to replace him
This is what kills me. Fire Ranieri, mend the fences with David, and find some more space for Seba. Whether it looks probable or not, I don't like thinking of Trez's departure as a foregone conclusion.

The need to upgrade our defense has long been a foregone conclusion, and ATM all of Secco and Blanc's attention should be focused on improving the back four. We need to prioritize. Defense wins championships and that's our weakest area on this squad.

What I'm really concerned about is that between Criscito and Canna, they may consider their work to be done.

Edit: If Domenico returns, which I'm currently counting on.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This is what kills me. Fire Ranieri, mend the fences with David, and find some more space for Seba. Whether it looks probable or not, I don't like thinking of Trez's departure as a foregone conclusion.

The need to upgrade our defense has long been a foregone conclusion, and ATM all of Secco and Blanc's attention should be focused on improving the back four. We need to prioritize. Defense wins championships and that's our weakest area on this squad.

What I'm really concerned about is that between Criscito and Canna, they may consider their work to be done.

Edit: If Domenico returns, which I'm currently counting on.
defense is something that develops with time, regardless of whom you buy you just cant have a good one overnight. So really all we d need is a RB.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
defense is something that develops with time, regardless of whom you buy you just cant have a good one overnight. So really all we d need is a RB.
The cohesiveness of a defensive unit develops over time, but if the talent isn't present, then there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

To be a top class team, we need another top class defender, and we have nobody coming through at RB. So yes, RB is the priority, and a quality RB will be difficult to find and likely quite expensive. Hence, I want all of our attention focused on the position, and not on the strongest area of our team.

I would be very satisfied if we could secure a quality RB, and Criscito came back. A center back would simply be gravy...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hey ladies, sorry I can't really go back and read all the pages cuz I'm on my phone (and at work) but are these rumors of tevez concrete or just bs? I haven't been able to keep up :pumpkin:

Ps. Tevez > cassano. I want a team player that works for and with the team

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
t
As for him not dribbling or running with the ball better than cassano puhleaaaase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnz4HRLsFmE
i am very sorry for you, but that video does not show tevez even dribble once !
running with the ball is a basic football skill and not what the art of dribbling is all about!

tevez only plays the ball a few meters past the defender and then shoots .... is that dribbling in your opinion ? cassano is a totally different level in regards of dribbling. what tevez showed is basic soccer feints ... everyone in the second lowest league of germany can do that (just from the "dribbling" aspect)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
i am very sorry for you, but that video does not show tevez even dribble once !
running with the ball is a basic football skill and not what the art of dribbling is all about!

tevez only plays the ball a few meters past the defender and then shoots .... is that dribbling in your opinion ? cassano is a totally different level in regards of dribbling. what tevez showed is basic soccer feints ... everyone in the second lowest league of germany can do that (just from the "dribbling" aspect)
:lol: :snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)