Carlos Tevez (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Comparing Cassano to Tevez is like comparing an Alfa Romeo to Ferrari.
Tevez is; faster, stronger, much more prolific, with a better control, dribble, shooting, stamina concentration, form, experience etc etc
There is absolutely no contest between them.
Being a better goal scorer, he is far more useful to replace the goal machine (Trezeqoal), than Cassano.
With Giovinco and Diego our creativity issues will diminish and then we will want more prolific finishers.
Unfortunately thats not Amauri's best skill, therefore the second forward has to be competitive!

But... this transfer is unrealistic...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 10, 2009
Tevez prolific ?

(2008–09) 28(matches) 5(goals)

(2007–08) 34(matches) 14(goals)

Hardly seems the scoring type and we dont need him. Trez should start alongside amauri and have diego and giovinco in midfield. Why get tevez when we dont need him ?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Tevez is; faster, stronger, much more prolific, with a better control, dribble, shooting, stamina concentration, form, experience etc etc
i very much doubt that ...

you seem to think cassano is molinaros brother or why do you have something against him ?

Mar 10, 2009
Why not use the money to go for carvelliho instead at chelsea ?

sissoko, giovinco and diego will create a strong midfield that will last us a while

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Tevez prolific ?

Hardly seems the scoring type and we dont need him. Trez should start alongside amauri and have diego and giovinco in midfield. Why get tevez when we dont need him ?
He isnt as prolific as Trez, but tevez is misused by ferguson, thats why he doesnt score a lot.

Mar 10, 2009
He isnt as prolific as Trez, but tevez is misused by ferguson, thats why he doesnt score a lot.

Yea but the fact of the matter is, that we don't need him OR Cassano. We bought Diego (excellent buy) and we already have iaquinta , trez, amauri and del piero, giovinco.

So let's try to strengthen at the back, because cannavaro is AWFUL or possible right midfielder

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
If we dont sell any of our forwards than of course we dont need cassano or tevez, bet if we sell one of them, we might need one more forward.

I agree that defence should be our main priority.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Tevez prolific ?

Are you aware how many of those are 15 minute cameo appearences? for some crazy reason ferguson prefers the bone idle twat that is berbatov. Look at last season if you want a true reflection when he started the games.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Tevez prolific ?

Last year he has scored like 20 goals in all competition, the average goals Cassano is scoring is at least half of them...
This year Tevez had some issues with the team, on the other hand Cassano had a relatively good year, but one year is not enough to change everything.

Lets say both play in a 4-5-1 Juve formation and we use Cassano, or Tevez as the lone striker, who would you think that has more chances to score by his own??

i very much doubt that ...

you seem to think cassano is molinaros brother or why do you have something against him ?
he he:lol: I dont even rate Moli as a football player, but i think that Cassano is a very overrated player, on the other hand Tevez has proven his value at an international level!
That whole post of Cronios is utter BS.
Now, thats a constructive argumentation!!
I'd rather also see Cassano..
He is/was "young" and Italian, figures...

Personally, i would keep Treze too,i dont think we have to waste any more at the forward line right now.
We have other priorities, but if i had to choose between one of them, i would choose Tevez, no doubt!
I dont really rate Cassano, as much as i rate Tevez!

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
If there was a straight choice between Tevez and Cassano, which I can't imagine for a second, is the case, or ever will be the case, only a fool would choose Cassano. Its true that Cassano has more flair, but Tevez makes up for that deficit by savagely trumping Cassano in the work-rate, temperament and hustler stakes. He is an aggressive little bull of a player who can move with speed, shoot from range and can provide as well as finish.

I think that fact that he has not proven a first team starter for the whole season at United is down to the competition and tactics. Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov...

Also, taking into account the hole we are left with if trezeguet leaves. its a goal scoring hole...and regardless of the stats, tevez is clearly more clinical against top class opposition.

I reckon he will stay at United...if not, he will end up at Inter. Because I don't think we could afford him, for one, and also, there are other options than Tevez if Trez leaves...Floccari...Huntelar????...quagliarella???...Out of that group, Floccari and Huntelar seem the closest to Trez in terms of GOAL MACHINES...but Tevez would be more useful than any of them...Still, as I said, I don't reckon there is any chance whatsoever we would get him.

Even with an attacking unit of Amauri, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Giovinco, Diego, we have enough going forward.

yes, I would be far happier, to have Huntelar. The nearest we have to an out and out goal scorer is iaquinta...him and tevez together would be too much anger and hustle for most defences, especially with diego giving them through balls...

But tevez...no chance.

As for the Cassano v Tevez debate, I am totally with Cron on this one...Tevez is far more of a complete player.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
lets compare last seasons tevez (as it was cronios wish) with this seasons cassano
48 games, 19 goals, 6 assists in 2007/2008 for tevez

now cassano in 2008/2009
43 games, 14 goals, 16 assists and the season is still not over,

so in form of "prolific" cassano was much more prolific

add to that that it is surely more difficult to assist a goal with weaker teammates than with stars like c. ronaldo

and honestly if you ask me if i would have someone with the statistics of cassano that does not score in champions leauge or other internation competitions or someone like tevez that does occasionally score in CL, than i'd take Cassano and only play him in serie a...

14 goals and a whopping 16 (!!!) assists is a huge performance

just my 2 cents

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
There is absolutely no contest between them.
Being a better goal scorer, he is far more useful to replace the goal machine (Trezeqoal), than Cassano.
With Giovinco and Diego our creativity issues will diminish and then we will want more prolific finishers.
Unfortunately thats not Amauri's best skill, therefore the second forward has to be competitive!

But... this transfer is unrealistic...
which is more practical though?
this

or this

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
One more thing i would like to point out is that, we have to replace the DP-Treze partnership right?
Treze was a pure finisher, dp started as a playmaker and became the ideal SS,
a player able both to create and finish! But as DP has proven many times, he has what it takes to take things on his hand and finish off our opponents by his own.
Becoming a top scorer at this age and under this circumstances was smth amazing!!

Considering that he lacked the service and that his partner also scored almost as many goals as he did, one can really tell, of the importance and the efficiency the finishing skills, our SS has.

In the new era we have Amauri, he is very good all around forward.
His strength and power helps him to play as the lone forward, target man role.
And his skills also help him to create chances by his own and even provide with complete the services of a SS!
BUT, he is not the pure finisher/scoring machine Treze was.

His scoring efficiency can much DP's average, but not Treze's finishing expertise.
Therefore, i think that we either need one more CF with similar characteristics like Amauri, someone able to both create and finish. (i see Tevez more eligible than Cassano for that)
So that the pair can be threatening from any side and we dont have to rely solely to the usual scheme, one creates, the other finishes!
Or someone a pure finisher like Treze and let Amauri adapt DP's role, with the added capacity of also being used as a target man too.

Amauri is creative, Giovinco is creative, Camo or a new RM is creative, Diego is creative, wtf is going to score a great deal of goals then??
Cassano?? I dont think so...
As weedguru said, we will suffer from a goal scoring hole there.
I m not saying that Tevez is the finest choice, but he is def better than Cassano for that!

On the other hand, i wouldnt wants us to spend the double amount of money to get Tevez. We have to see how much we want to spend first.
The rumors have it we are willing to pay around 25mil cash, or Giovinco+cash for Cassano.
And only about 11-12mil in two year rates (loan him one year and buy him the next) for Tevez. I dont think thats realistic, but i would def prefer the second scenario, even if we had to pay 2 x 15mil (5 more than Cassano, but a bit better spent, tactically)

PS Steph the most practical is the one we already own isnt it??
If we have to make an investment, we should first consider the cost/efficiency values and multiply it with the coefficient/factor that serves as the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)