Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (43 Viewers)

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Chiellini is even better then Canna currently IMO. I hope Chiellini will stay in Juve for a long time. I could see him as the captain after Del Piero and Buffon(probably the next captain).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Chiellini is even better then Canna currently IMO. I hope Chiellini will stay in Juve for a long time. I could see him as the captain after Del Piero and Buffon(probably the next captain).
Based on club form perhaps, but Canna has been very good for Italy.

He and Zambrotta are the only ones guaranteed a spot in the back four.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Buffon will stay around till he become 40... Giorgio must forget about the armband till then.
I can see Chiellini as a Vice-captain. Hey he might even be a vice-captain once Birindelli retires. I personaly don't like GK as captains, since they can't be leaders when playing. Del Piero can always give 110% and if there are any fouls the captains always put the pressure on the refs for a card. Meanwhile a GK can't do all these things. We can see DP, Totti & Raul always working hard and fighting for every ball.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Chiellini's Scudetto dream Wednesday 2 April, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini hasn’t given up hope of the most unlikely of Scudetto triumphs.

The Old Lady beat Inter in the Derby d’Italia a fortnight ago and have closed the gap on the leading duo.

The newly promoted side trail second-placed Roma by seven points with a game in hand and are 11 points from the top.

“We have closed the gap and there could be surprises to come in this race,” Chiellini declared on Sky Sport Italia. “We are close to Roma and not even too far from Inter.

“Our duty from now until the end of the season is to try and win every game and see what happens.

“Our rivals are fighting for first place but I would like to stun them. But I can concede that it won’t be easy, in fact it is nearly impossible.

“But it costs nothing to dream and sometimes they come true.

“For me, things aren’t finished. We have a tough fixture list but it’s the same for them, so we will have to see. Here at Juve we are used to fighting to the bitter end.

“Who am I backing between Roma and Inter? I don’t support either – I am only a Juventus fan.”

The Bianconeri travel to struggling Palermo this weekend and then host Milan in Week 33.

FORZA CHIELLINI

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'm starting to get worried.. The last time our players and coach started thinking about the scudetto we came into our worst patch of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)