Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (67 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
no thats all he said, the reason i said i trust him was because he didnt leave in the summer and i dont think he would leave now after Juve's been having (in most peoples opinion) a good season and man city wont qualify for the Cl so i cant see it happening.

i posted some pictures of me with him in this thread a while back.

So whats with all the attitude guys?

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
I thought it was Zanetti that limped off the pitch not Chiellini.

--

10/03/2008 11:07
Chiellini: Tiago Can Become A Great Champion
Giorgio Chiellini is certain that Juventus team-mate Tiago Mendes has the quality to become a great champion at the club.

Portuguese international Tiago only signed for the Bianconeri last summer, however he has been a huge disappointment.

Juve worked feverishly to try and sell the midfielder during the January window, and had set-up a transfer to Premiership-outfit Tottenham Hotspur.

Tiago decided to reject the move at the last minute, and he has barely set foot on the field for the Bianconeri since, although he did come on as a late substitute in last night’s win at Genoa.

“We are convinced that he has the quality to become a great champion,” said Chiellini.

“We trust him and hope that he can find the space to show how strong he is.”

Juventus picked up a much needed three points during the 2-0 win at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.

Chiellini partnered Nicola Legrottaglie in the centre of defence, with Zdenek Grygera proving an unlikely hero in the left-back position, scoring Juve’s first and creating the second.

“We spoke with the Coach and agreed that Nicola Legrottaglie and I play well in the middle,” Chiellini noted.

“We felt I would be better there than Grygera. “Our strength is that of being short and compact on the pitch, even if it is risky at times.”

Gianni Wilson

Jul 5, 2005
I thought it was Zanetti that limped off the pitch not Chiellini.

--

10/03/2008 11:07
Chiellini: Tiago Can Become A Great Champion

“We are convinced that he has the quality to become a great champion,” said Chiellini.

“We trust him and hope that he can find the space to show how strong he is.”

J
I hope that for him too, even if he will stay or not.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
17/03/2008 19:18
Chiellini Impressed With Three-Man Defence
Giorgio Chiellini says that he was happy with how Juventus’ new three-man defence worked yesterday evening.

Claudio Ranieri tinkered with his formation for the match with Napoli, employing a three-man defence of Chiellini, Guglielmo Stendardo and Zdenek Grygera.

The experiment worked well as Juve kept a clean sheet, and went on to grab all three points thanks to Vincenzo Iaquinta’s late winner.

“It was a tough match because they defended well and it wasn't easy finding a way through,” said Chiellini.

“Luckily Vincenzo scored: it was a really important goal.

“We did well at the back; I made the only mistake, in the first half. The formation was new, but we'd prepared it well. We’re careful about what we do, we don't improvise anything.

Stendardo was also satisfied with how the trio coped with Napoli’s attacking forays.

“We were well-positioned on the pitch and at the end we were able to win thanks to our determination,” noted the on-loan Lazio man.

“Winning today was too important. I tried my luck from set-piece situations and I almost scored.

"The three-man defence? We can change these details, but our will to win remains the same.”

Gianni Wilson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)