Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (161 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
09/03/2008 08:53

City Resurrect Cheillini Interest

According to the latest reports from England, Manchester City have revived their interest in Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini.

The Italian international was a prime target for Sven Goran Eriksson in the summer, but Juventus' price demands - said to be in the £10million range - forced City to turn elsewhere at that point.

The News of the World is reporting that the Sky Blues plan to make a renewed bid for the 22-year-old at the end of the season, however, as Eriksson looks to turn his club into a genuine force in European football.

Chiellini notoriously has something of a love and hate relationship with the Juventus brass, in particular Bianconeri manager Claudio Ranieri. He already expressed an interest in a move to the City of Manchester stadium last July, and the fact that a lingering knee injury has limited his impact at Juve this season is likely to work in Eriksson's favour should he followthrough in his fancy for the former Azzurrini standout defender.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

!!!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You never know with Secco though. If he gets an attractive offer he might sell him, especially if it came from Florence. I am sure Juventini will hang him with balls in Piazza Castello but it might be too late the.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Whoever believes this article is a fool IMO. Look at the article, how poor it is written and inaccurate.

1) Chiellini was removed from the market last summer by Cobolli Gigli, he rejected every possible talk of selling Chiellini even if Man City came with an improved offer which was about 15 mil. € back then.

2) Chiellini never said he wants to move to Man City. He said he is glad he stayed at Juve, resolved problems with Ranieri and that he wants to stay for a long time here.

3) what knee injury has limited his impact for Juve this season? He was injured for one month and when he recovered, he immediately got back into the first team. He has been a regular throughout this whole season and is doing excellent.

The author of this article is an idiot.

Apr 29, 2006
The author of the this article is an idiot, true but what troubles me more is that he is likely to be less of an idiot than either Ruinieri or Secco.
Now that is something we should be worried about.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
:howler: It is reported that Chiellini suffered a series of injuries ( :confused2 ) and that Juve will be forced to release him if they fail to qualify for CL. :howler:

Like Man City will qualify for CL..... :disagree:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Like I said yesterday,it`s strange that we`re linked with Micah Richards.

They are maybe considering some swap deal.
Sure, that would make a lot of sense. There is not much difference in ability between the two seeing that both are excellent and young. Then take the Italian to play in England and the Englishman to play in Italy because those are usually the recepies for success. :wallbang:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sure, that would make a lot of sense. There is not much difference in ability between the two seeing that both are excellent and young. Then take the Italian to play in England and the Englishman to play in Italy because those are usually the recepies for success. :wallbang:
You never know with Secco though. If he gets an attractive offer he might sell him, especially if it came from Florence. I am sure Juventini will hang him with balls in Piazza Castello but it might be too late the.

Chiellini’s price-tag is said to have slipped due to a series of injury problems and this could let Manchester City back into the negotiation.

:wth:

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Extracted from Channel 4 ...

" Chiellini’s price-tag is said to have slipped due to a series of injury problems and this could let Manchester City back into the negotiation.

If the Bianconeri fail to qualify for the Champions League, then it is more likely they would be forced to release Chiellini. "

Find this sentence disturbing to the point of insulting ... :cry:

No insults to Man City though but ...
They are no where near Champions League themselves ...
And Juve is not a selling club .... esp when it comes to one if Italy's most promising player to a EPL club outside the big 4 .... NO CHANCE

No Brainer Report ...

oops .. just saw Ikoninhosa having the same thought.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Dear God I hope this isn't true. It's even on Ch 4.

:(

I'm having flashbacks of Secco wanting to swap him last year. :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 158)