Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (50 Viewers)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
How does everyone here rate Chielini, do u guys think he is a top drawer defender, some one who ranks among the Nesta,Ferdinand,Canna in those bracket? I see alot of blame put on Molinaro for that Inzaghi goal but Kaka was allowed acres of space to put that cross in.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
I wouldn't say it's fair to judge a player on one game , much less one play . In my humble opinion , I think Chiellini has been outstanding for us this season overall . Without him , our defense was being torn apart by every team we faced . He really does well to cover the flaws we have in defense .

I wouldn't replace him with anyone right now , but I definetely think that with the years to come he will prove to be one of the best defenders in Italy , if not the best . It's not that hard to imagine as he ranks somewhere in the top ten all ready .

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I am not judging him based on a single game, and i am not definitely saying he is bad. I like him he is one of the old school defender where u do the defending job like your life depends on it. We are most likely going to play in CL with him and mayb another just another single change to the defense we have this year, is that enough to stop the likes of ManU, Barca, Arsenal? Will he produce his collosal performance against the big boys?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I am not judging him based on a single game, and i am not definitely saying he is bad. I like him he is one of the old school defender where u do the defending job like your life depends on it. We are most likely going to play in CL with him and mayb another just another single change to the defense we have this year, is that enough to stop the likes of ManU, Barca, Arsenal? Will he produce his collosal performance against the big boys?
Of course he can produce against the big boys, Zlatan was in his pocket in both of the matches against inter this season.

i wouldnt blame him for inzaghi's goal, it was more grygera being out of position giving Kaka space and forcing Chiellini to come to the RB position. Obviously being left-footed he is not suited to tackling at this side, and he got tricked by one of the best players in the world.

But he has proven all season that he really can be one of the greats for Juve and Italy!

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Of course he can produce against the big boys, Zlatan was in his pocket in both of the matches against inter this season.

i wouldnt blame him for inzaghi's goal, it was more grygera being out of position giving Kaka space and forcing Chiellini to come to the RB position. Obviously being left-footed he is not suited to tackling at this side, and he got tricked by one of the best players in the world.

But he has proven all season that he really can be one of the greats for Juve and Italy!
I hope too mate. Growing up seeing Juve's defense lead by Ciro Ferrara,Montero,Canna, Thuram made me anxious to see Chiellini following them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How does everyone here rate Chielini, do u guys think he is a top drawer defender, some one who ranks among the Nesta,Ferdinand,Canna in those bracket? I see alot of blame put on Molinaro for that Inzaghi goal but Kaka was allowed acres of space to put that cross in.
Within 2 years, Chiellini will be one of the best CBs in the world.

He is good just now, sometimes very good, but he will become great.

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
Chiellini is definately top drawer. All he need is a more "footballing" type of defender next to him, someone who can build up play, and we're set.

Chiellini will become a WC player, mark my words. He's has got so much time to grow left.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Chiellini is definately top drawer. All he need is a more "footballing" type of defender next to him, someone who can build up play, and we're set.

Chiellini will become a WC player, mark my words. He's has got so much time to grow left.
Completely agree with u..

I believe that of all the relatively young defenders who can build play up efficiently and would combine well with Giorgio is Santacroce.. I said in another thread but they would be an excellent CB partnership

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
We were linked with Santacroce but everyone here was against this transfer
Haven't really seen him play much, so can't really judge.
But I think we need a defender with a little bit more experience next to him. Someone who keeps his head cool at all times and doesn't get red carded often.

That way the pressure is off Chiellini a bit and he can learn a lot from him.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Haven't really seen him play much, so can't really judge.
But I think we need a defender with a little bit more experience next to him. Someone who keeps his head cool at all times and doesn't get red carded often.

That way the pressure is off Chiellini a bit and he can learn a lot from him.
:agree: in an ideal world we would already have an experienced and class CB next to Chiellini that would need replacing in a few years which is why i was probably the only fan for Canna to return but i wont go into that.. Then Santacroce i believe would be the perfect transfer option but as we all know these are not the current circumstances and a player of his inexperience, no matter how good he is, would be a mistake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)