Books you're reading (13 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Haha not really, the book is written like a diary of Tiberius (same with the Augustus one), just really first hand thoughts of him at all times (not an encompassing regular novel or bio like other historical fiction). Bit of a clever psychological study, and really is amazing how it depicts his intellect and morals, and his cronic melancholy.

Yeah the second part is about his retirement alot, but no it doesnt focus much on depicting his carnal activities (hardly at all), even if he ponders about his desires (homoerotic ones included), and briefly about his lovers. He had a slight special taste for German boys ;)

It focused more on his Rhodes resort then Capri, which was just a bit at the end. And btw, Sejanus is awesome hehe. And also the noble Senators who decreed that we cant execute Sejanus little daughter because she is a virgin (it would be immoral!), so she has to be raped before she is killed ;)

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Such a great nivola. I'm reading Der Zauberbeg (or The magic mountain) by Thomas Mann. It's a long book, about 976 pages. Have you read it??

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,010
    I read Bill Bryson's Mother Tongue recently. It's about the evolution of the English language. I found it fascinating.

I also read Iain Bank's The Steep Road to Garbadale. I though it was a bit under par for him.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    reading robert fisk's "Great War for Civilization" which is about the modern middle east. very interesting and informative. also going through some maupassant short stories, which are wonderful!

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Like a best seller :) A very riveting read of the unstoppable force that was the Mongols (Ghenghis, 3rd book of his unreal life), thats the asian Spartans, but times 10, for you simple minded crackas :D

I posted the cover, instead of just say it, to hook in our friend Andy to reading books :D Is it working? ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Sounds interesting. Just finished downloading Mongol as we speak. If you recommend it, I may have to try it out after I finish my current read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)