Books you're reading (8 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2004
world war Z

great book, who would have thought that an author could have made a zombie epidemic story not only vastly interesting but rather relevant to current world events and geopolitics.

the audiobook is even better because almost every character is voiced by a different person

finished the book in a day and a half

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
fiction or nonfiction? or just favourites?

A La Recherche du temps perdu/Proust
Les Miserables/Hugo
Count of Monte Cristo/Dumas
1984/Orwell
Lolita/Nabokov
Jude the Obscure/Hardy

i wouldn't say they're the best every, but they are some of my favourites

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ok guys, Whats your top 5 all time books? Im trying to get some titles i might have missed...
I have favourites, too many to mention, from various interesting genres.

But easily by far the best book I have read and which everyone should read is The Brothers Karamazov of Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Writing at its best IMO. Usually have it hard thinking of anything as the absolute certain best and such, but this one is by some margin.

Another dinstinctive favourite, which is one I re-read every year (when I normally never re-read books), is Oscar Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray. And I re-read it because it doesnt give you the sense that you know this all already as with most other things, but that his prose is so insanely rich and witty that you feel you are reading it for the first time ever time (its all about the prose for this wordsmith, the plot isnt really as important).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have favourites, too many to mention, from various interesting genres.

But easily by far the best book I have read and which everyone should read is The Brothers Karamazov of Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Writing at its best IMO. Usually have it hard thinking of anything as the absolute certain best and such, but this one is by some margin.
I read Crime and Punishment. How does it compare?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)