Books you're reading (30 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hehe, just downloaded Mongol myself too, It has taken AGES to find a torrent that doesnt that annoying russian voice over dub that completely ruins everything. But now only mongol speaking, finally. Been drooling for it for ages.

Enjoy the movie, I will, but do consider that they are basically are intentionally making alot of inaccuracies about Ghenghis Khans (early) life. Like he was a from a family slaves to Chinese etc (when he was a proud son to a tribal Khan).

And in terms of historical fiction, the books are as highly recommended as they can be, its shows him from the age 8 from the first book (really shows him growing stage by stage), until his 40s in the 3rd book.

P.S Would recommend the Julius Caesar series from this same author, Conn Iggulden.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Oh I understand a lot of it is fabricated. We can only know so much right. But the film from a film point of view looks fantastic. The version I have is in Chinese or whatever the original language of the film is. That won't bother me.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Hehe, just downloaded Mongol myself too, It has taken AGES to find a torrent that doesnt that annoying russian voice over dub that completely ruins everything. But now only mongol speaking, finally. Been drooling for it for ages.

Enjoy the movie, I will, but do consider that they are basically are intentionally making alot of inaccuracies about Ghenghis Khans (early) life. Like he was a from a family slaves to Chinese etc (when he was a proud son to a tribal Khan).

And in terms of historical fiction, the books are as highly recommended as they can be, its shows him from the age 8 from the first book (really shows him growing stage by stage), until his 40s in the 3rd book.

P.S Would recommend the Julius Caesar series from this same author, Conn Iggulden.
the movie is slightly more accurate in that respect, and yea it was great...nothing special story-wise but very well made

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, the original language, Mongol(plus chinese because they fucking conqueor China, hehe). Thats good, that means you dont have to put up with the russian voice over. I appriciate the russians for making the movie, Hollywood would never touch a non-western historical epical topic like that, but why the fuck did they have to butcher it with russian narrator.

Yeah, the movie looks fantastic, particurarly in that cavalry charge shown in the long scene clip, its absolutely raw and breathtaking (extremely well made). For those wondering, I mean this (charge starts in minute 2) in this long scene:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's not working, but don't worry I'm pretty good with foreign language films. I've seen Crouching Tiger, Le Pact Les Lupes, and B13 without subs.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
try VLC...it plays everything...small program, easy to use...play the movie, then drag and drop the .srt file into the movie window...should work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)