Books you're reading (49 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Fantasy. Unorthodox Fantasy though imo. The plot is really engaging. The characters are not like your typical fantasy characters either. In most Fantasy books, the protagonist is either a muscular man/ beautiful woman is either a nice person, or an anti hero, usually with magic powers. The plot also in these books generally follows the protagonist)s) around

The song of ice and fire is different than this. First of all chapters are told from the percpective of a dozen or so characters (with more to be added) and not all of he charcacters are the good guys (and magic is not even focused on until later). Also the good guys aren't so good, and often times they do terrible things.

Basically it doesn't have that black and white formula of "okay here's the bad guy and here's the good guy, don't ask questions" It throws that out of the window. The characters here all all shades of gray. And this is a series where it keeps things fresh by letting characters, who you would not expect to die, die violent, and shocking deaths.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007

I'll check it out tomorrow at the bookstore. I can't say I've ever read fantasy books but it could be interesting especially if the characters have depth to them. I'm kinda desperate for books since I can only read so many different Vogues before it gets old.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I'm not a big fantasy fan myself, but I found this series and the prince of nothing series amazing to read.

Oh and to let you know the first book in the series is called A Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin. You should keep this in mind becuase the covers of his books don't mention that they are part of the song of ice and fire.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:bow:

Anyone for snozzcumber?

I just finished reading 'Provided You Don't Kiss Me: 20 Years with Brian Clough' by Duncan Hamilton.

Good book, one of the most under rated managers around.

He had a habit of punching players in the stomach who were playing poorly, and he did this to Roy Keane. :lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Finished Atonement last Thursday. It was pretty good, but really confusing at the end. I'm still not sure if Robbie and Cecilia finally get together.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Finished Atonement last Thursday. It was pretty good, but really confusing at the end. I'm still not sure if Robbie and Cecilia finally get together.
Well uhm..I have the answer to this but I don't want to spoil it for those who didn't read it...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just finished Into Thin Air, John Krackour's account of the 1996 Everest tragedy. Damn good book, makes me want to get into climbing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)