Bettega, Giraudo, Moggi: Who's staying? Who's leaving? (12 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Martin said:
Seems rather an odd choice, doesn't it?
Not so much odd in that the guy truly is a bianconeri legend. More like it: he's a choice with heavy implications, both good and, well, concerning.

You hope that his arrogance could be backed up in a way, say, that Mourinho can. Unfortunately with former player greats, they sometimes forget that their prowess on the pitch doesn't exactly translate to their prowess in management roles. Then they can become jokes of their former, player selves (e.g., Pelé anyone?).

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Platini's succes would also of course depend on which role he'd receive in the club. If he'd be there to replace Bettega, who's just a figurehead really, that change wouldn't affect much at all.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
swag said:
Not so much odd in that the guy truly is a bianconeri legend. More like it: he's a choice with heavy implications, both good and, well, concerning.

You hope that his arrogance could be backed up in a way, say, that Mourinho can. Unfortunately with former player greats, they sometimes forget that their prowess on the pitch doesn't exactly translate to their prowess in management roles. Then they can become jokes of their former, player selves (e.g., Pelé anyone?).
Aside from his name being Platini, I find it puzzling that he would be launched as a candidate. May I ask for what role exactly, I can't recall that being mentioned even.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only person of the Triade I want to see stay is Bettega, so hopefully he will indeed remain and Moggi and Giraudo will leave Juventus us they probably should. With Carraro resigning after all this speculation and allegations involving Moggi, this does not look very good for the former station master at the moment and perhaps even Juventus. Bettega, though, is a great man and I would prefer him to stay on instead employing Platini...I'm not sure he is the best man for the job.

Whatever the case, our club needs changes except in a couple positions, and one of those exceptions is where the great Bettega does his work..

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
until you actually read me saying: I want Platini here

could you stop assuming that I would?

until you actually read me saying: I love Zlatan

could you stop assuming that I do?

My comment was a response you your comment above, and that alone, where you said: "Not too fond of Platini myself"

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #56
    For those who don't mind the Triade leaving I ask you one thing.. Give me a maangement that is will to cover the costs of one of the biggest clubs in world + make profit + win alot of titles without a single dime from a backer (i.e. Morrati @ Inter, berlusconi @ milan, Abrahomovic @ Chelsea)..
    What the Triade have done with Juve is like a Miricle... The reason that there is a black aura around them is because no-one wants to beleive it. They are great businessmen who have put their talent at Juve's service. Doping case was dismissed, Cannavaro's doping dismissed, bribing refs and cheating dismissed ..etc And now phone calls.. Other clubs and their press are just so jelous of what the triade and juventus have acheived and because they cannot replicate it they come out trying to make them look dirty.
    Milan with all their money have not been able to get any silverware in 2 seasons now (providing we manage to keep our lead and win the scudetto this year). Inter with their HUGE funding from moratti couldn't not acheive better than Coppa italia once in 10 years. For gods sake if Juve had Moratti's funding with the Triade management we would be able to win every single match, let alone every trophy (providing Lippi is the coach :D couldn't help it :D ) . You say Tamoil's logo sucks, I say their money is sparkling. Whats a terrible logo on the shirt worth when you get 150 million euro's for it?? Our only quetionable goal this season was DP's against Udinese.. All the media came our saying that it was a clear offside and the ref cheated infavour of Juve. When you draw the lines properly DP was either onside or just barely offside.. The huge difference was just a fishy camera angle. With such a fast play the ref it was a very very difficult call for the ref to call it offside. Why don't Inter be considered cheater when half of their pentaly kicks (which is more than what we got all season) are wrongly called. Infact they are so wrongly called you really think that one of the Inter players called it not the ref. But hey why bothere call inter cheaters, they won't win anything anyway. Why don't we call Milan cheaters when they had a couple of offside goals plus questionable PKs and long injury time. Why just call Juve cheaters when they haven't benifit from any of that??
    The Triade have not done anything wrong, they have been accused many times, and will continue to get accused till the day they put pen to their resignation paper..
    Is that how you support your management in the time of need? I hope you all reconsider what you are saying by looking back to what Juve have acheived in the past 13 years.

Later.

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
    Jem83 said:
    until you actually read me saying: I want Platini here

could you stop assuming that I would?

until you actually read me saying: I love Zlatan

could you stop assuming that I do?

My comment was a response you your comment above, and that alone, where you said: "Not too fond of Platini myself"
    You sarcastically called me a real juventino for it, so that implies you HAVE TO like Platini here.

Dear god. Get a grasp of logic my friend.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    implication is not logic, Idiot

it's too much based on emotions, which - as we know - can be false and interpret wrongly

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
    I think we can`t work without the triade. if one or two of them leaves we can go on being successful but all three leaving would be a disaster. just imagine a great company being without their whole top management from one day to another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)