Bettega, Giraudo, Moggi: Who's staying? Who's leaving? (2 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
This is really sad. The Banner today was really touchy....It's amazing how everything and everyone is "TRYING" to put this Club down. Yet, we're still standing like the Old Lady.

Old Lady will never die, and whether the Triade will leave or not, there's nothing we can do but praise their great work and what they've done. I simply admire them. Hopefully they'll continue...but then again.....
Nice :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 1, 2002
It is high time that the Agnelli family came home and took hold of the day to day to day running of Juventus. The so called Triade has, like many an upstart oligarchy, become perceptably ignorant of the social mores in which they exist. Above the law is no-one individual or trio, and the thought of the great name of Juventus becoming sullied by petty scandal should be avoided immediately.
Moggi- as much as I admire and enjoy him- has in this action, as well as the continual associations with his brother, shown contempt and stupidity. For this alone he must go.
The king maker is dead, long live the king.

MILAN, May 7 (Reuters) - Juventus's owners have declined to give their backing to the management of the Serie A leaders who are under pressure following the publication of embarrassing telephone interceptions.

The Italian Football Federation is investigating the content of tapped telephone conversations last season involving Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi talking of refereeing appointments for games with a Football Federation official responsible for their selection.

The FIAT group own Juventus and the company's vice-chairman John Elkann -- the grandson of the late Gianni Agnelli the club's long-term president and owner -- attended Sunday's Serie A game with Palermo along with his cousin Andrea Agnelli.

"We are here to watch the team and to show our support for the team and the coach," said Elkann, "For the rest there are the right places. Obviously these facts don't leave us indifferent," he said.

Asked specifically about media reports suggesting Moggi and club chief executive Antonio Giraudi would be forced out of the club at the end of the season, Elkann replied: "For those matters there will be the right place to discuss them and this isn't it".

The content of Moggi's telephone conversations during the 2004-05 season, intercepted by investigators in Turin, have been published in Italian newspapers and were passed on to the Federation who have already opened an investigation.

An earlier probe by Turin public prosecutors was closed without action. Juventus won the title in the season concerned.

On Sunday the daily Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Andrea Agnelli, who is the son of the late Umberto Agnelli, would become vice-president of the club at the end of this season, marking a return to hands-on management of the Turin side by the wealthy Agnelli family.

Current Juventus vice-president Roberto Bettega, who has not featured in the published telephone taps, left the stands in tears at the end of Sunday's game, won 2-1 by Juventus.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Truly the end of an era.

Nevertheless, life goes on and if there is anything good to come out of the dismantling of the triade, it will be a complete root and branch re-organization of the the club. Its management structure, its playing squad and its head coach.

It may well be a turbulent close season at Juventus.

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
Well i'm think that since Giraudo's contract is coming to an end shortly anyway, there's not much chance of him remaining. I would be sad to see any of the three leaving, but I think there are some other's with potential as well e.g. Lapo Elkann seems quite passionate about his team, and this motivation helps towards doing what's best for the team, as well as his younger age could make him more aware about current football stars. Furthermore, he seems to have no need for money, so his occupation would be based on his love for the team, same goes for the Agnelli's.

Chico

Apr 6, 2006
Come on guys, Juve must move forward. Giraudo was expexted to leave this year anyway, even before this little dilemna happened, with Claude Blanc, expected to take over. Blanc is a close friend to the Agnelli family, and he already managed Tour de France and the French tennis open, Roland Garros. I see not one problem with that.
Bettega will stay to overlook everything, no need for him to leave, and hes been doing a great job for Juve.
Moggi was expected to leave next year anyway, and if this telephone deal turns out true, he may have to be left. Baldini is a good general director, and could give our youth some chance of playing for the 1st team for a change! De rossi, cassano, totti, etc!
PLUS, CApello promised that if triade left, so would he! Happy days! Brin Prandelli and Toni then!

Chico

Apr 6, 2006
Luftwaffles said:
Truly the end of an era.

Nevertheless, life goes on and if there is anything good to come out of the dismantling of the triade, it will be a complete root and branch re-organization of the the club. Its management structure, its playing squad and its head coach.

It may well be a turbulent close season at Juventus.
Exactly mate, juve must move forward. Although change will be hard, it is necessary, and might even work out good. Bladini might allow youth a chance, and could see capello leave!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Chico said:
Come on guys, Juve must move forward. Giraudo was expexted to leave this year anyway, even before this little dilemna happened, with Claude Blanc, expected to take over. Blanc is a close friend to the Agnelli family, and he already managed Tour de France and the French tennis open, Roland Garros. I see not one problem with that.
Bettega will stay to overlook everything, no need for him to leave, and hes been doing a great job for Juve.
Moggi was expected to leave next year anyway, and if this telephone deal turns out true, he may have to be left. Baldini is a good general director, and could give our youth some chance of playing for the 1st team for a change! De rossi, cassano, totti, etc!
PLUS, CApello promised that if triade left, so would he! Happy days! Brin Prandelli and Toni then!
Please tell me if you are talking serious here or kidding!!!

Anyway, the decisions for keeping the triade or not will be taken next Thursday in the meeting of the board of directors, but those decisions may not go to the public before the end of the season...

k0k0

Nov 28, 2005
I saw that banner on tv, but i can't remember what the words at that banner(Italian Language)...anyone can help me? Thx a lot before guys:)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
un altro alex said:
Well i'm think that since Giraudo's contract is coming to an end shortly anyway, there's not much chance of him remaining. I would be sad to see any of the three leaving, but I think there are some other's with potential as well e.g. Lapo Elkann seems quite passionate about his team, and this motivation helps towards doing what's best for the team, as well as his younger age could make him more aware about current football stars. Furthermore, he seems to have no need for money, so his occupation would be based on his love for the team, same goes for the Agnelli's.
Hope you're right

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
The telephone call interceptions scandal which has hit director general Luciano Moggi could lead to massive management changes in the summer.

Reports in Italy on Monday suggest that one from former Roma director Franco Baldini, Giovanni Sartori of Chievo and Juve legend Michel Platini could replace him at the club.

Channel4

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'd prefer Moggi leaving now, to be honest. I'm sure he's done a lot of good for us in the past, but his presence leaves a bad aura and a foul stench, which is harmful to the clubs image. Consistency in the management is good, but change on the other hand keeps things fresh. Seeing Moggi leave wouldn't hurt us THAT much and reports of Platini ( although he can be an arrogant ass), seems like a delicious idea.

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
Chico said:
Totti, Cassano and De Rossi are in our primavera squad? :howler:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well many ppl r praising Baldini, but i didnt see him leaving a huge mark on roma as moggi did on juve here.

Platini? Hes arrogant as helll, would be very interesting, but would he be able to replace Bettega( i think thats the proposed position) i dont think so.

IF they were to leave , i would rather one or two stay just to teach the new comer the juve way.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Baldini? why would they think of him, he might try to get Zeman but he does have a very good rapport with capello and either way , i do not like that.
Why could they have not caught capello by phone tapping? What am i saying, who will call him by phone?
The more i think of the Moggi the more i think Mr Burns is based on him with just a tad more humour
Capello is definitely Homer without the tactical nous

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Platini? Whoah...

I may have to sit down before I think of all the implications of that possibility...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)