Bettega, Giraudo, Moggi: Who's staying? Who's leaving? (1 Viewer)

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
Juve hint at Moggi removal Saturday 6 May, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus patron John Elkann has hinted that the 'Triade’ of Luciano Moggi, Roberto Bettega and Antonio Giraudo will be sacked.

“The team looked strong today and we wanted to be here to show we are close to the team and the Coach,” said Gianni Agnelli’s nephew and heir to the FIAT empire.

“We have not been indifferent to the events of the past few days. There is a time and a place to discuss them and this is not it.”

These are significant phrases in the light of the scandal that has dominated headlines in Italy ever since transcripts of alleged telephone conversations between director general Moggi and refereeing designator Pierluigi Pairetto were published.

The FIGC has opened an investigation into the rapport between the club directors and officials, sparking claims that Juventus would take this opportunity to bring in fresh blood.

The future of the so-called 'Triade’ had already been in doubt earlier this season and this scandal could well be the final nail in their coffins.

The fans showed they were right behind them during today’s 2-1 win over Palermo, unfurling a large banner that read: 'Don’t touch the Triade.’

Andrea Agnelli, Umberto’s son, was also at the Stadio Delle Alpi for the final game before the arena is restructured and it’s reported he will be taking over Juventus next season as vice-President, with former Roma technical director Franco Baldini brought in.

Bettega is at this stage rumoured to be the only member of this trio who will stay with the Bianconeri.

From Football Italia

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
via Antonio Giraudo e Luciano Moggi, arriva Andrea Agnelli, il figlio di Umberto, e Franco Baldini sarà il nuovo direttore tecnico. Dovrebbe rimanere Roberto Bettega, non coinvolto nello scandalo, così come Fabio Capello, che con Baldini ds ha vinto lo scudetto del 2001 alla Roma.
John Elkann e Luca Cordero di Montezemolo hanno deciso...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation plz

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
tassard said:
via Antonio Giraudo e Luciano Moggi, arriva Andrea Agnelli, il figlio di Umberto, e Franco Baldini sarà il nuovo direttore tecnico. Dovrebbe rimanere Roberto Bettega, non coinvolto nello scandalo, così come Fabio Capello, che con Baldini ds ha vinto lo scudetto del 2001 alla Roma.
John Elkann e Luca Cordero di Montezemolo hanno deciso...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation plz
Loosely: "Giraudo and Moggi out, Andrea Agnelli and Franco Baldini will be in. Bettega will remain with the club as he isn't implicated in the scandal. Capello would stay, since he had won the scudetto in 2001 with Baldini at Roma. Elkann and Cordero decided..."

Well, hate to see Moggi go, but the shadows that follow him are everywhere. They should clear the truth out of this first. Giraudo was always kind of worthless in my book. Good to hear Bettega would stay -- he's bianconero to the bone. But Capello staying?? Didn't we learn anything?

We need a source if this is true or not, of course.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I guess Moggi and Giraudo is enough head chopping for one sitting. I think this media circus helps Capello keep his job, the focus isn't on him anymore. *And* he's about to win another scudetto.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Martin said:
I guess Moggi and Giraudo is enough head chopping for one sitting. I think this media circus helps Capello keep his job, the focus isn't on him anymore. *And* he's about to win another scudetto.
Exactly...

Lapo Elkann also indicates by his words that he may keep the coach...

The worst scenario: One of Elkanns will take over the team, and bring Baldini with him. Capello also will stay...

If that happens, I'm sorry Juve, but that will not be my club anymore...:cry:

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
this really sucks at least if the triade were to be removed i would replace them by juventus old time players such as bettega not some roma manager we have taken a lot of roma shit this last 2 years and we dont wont it anymore

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
djleli said:
this really sucks at least if the triade were to be removed i would replace them by juventus old time players such as bettega not some roma manager we have taken a lot of roma shit this last 2 years and we dont wont it anymore

Agree.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But having Andrea Angelli (and not Elkann) involved may not be a bad thing...

But I don't want partners for Capello, like Zebina, in Baldini necessarily. We can put a legitimate CL challenge out for another year minimum if that were the case.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
andrea agnelli, although i dont know to much about him, is a good bet considering what his predecessors have done for the club.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
djleli said:
Agreed too.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Juventus patron John Elkann has hinted that the 'Triade’ of Luciano Moggi, Roberto Bettega and Antonio Giraudo will be sacked.

“The team looked strong today and we wanted to be here to show we are close to the team and the Coach,” said Gianni Agnelli’s nephew and heir to the FIAT empire.

“We have not been indifferent to the events of the past few days. There is a time and a place to discuss them and this is not it.”

These are significant phrases in the light of the scandal that has dominated headlines in Italy ever since transcripts of alleged telephone conversations between director general Moggi and refereeing designator Pierluigi Pairetto were published.

The FIGC has opened an investigation into the rapport between the club directors and officials, sparking claims that Juventus would take this opportunity to bring in fresh blood.

The future of the so-called 'Triade’ had already been in doubt earlier this season and this scandal could well be the final nail in their coffins.

The fans showed they were right behind them during today’s 2-1 win over Palermo, unfurling a large banner that read: 'Don’t touch the Triade.’

Andrea Agnelli, Umberto’s son, was also at the Stadio Delle Alpi for the final game before the arena is restructured and it’s reported he will be taking over Juventus next season as vice-President, with former Roma technical director Franco Baldini brought in.

Bettega is at this stage rumoured to be the only member of this trio who will stay with the Bianconeri.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where exactly did he say that they will be sacked?

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #18
    So lets see.. Capello, Zebina, Emerson, rumor about mancini and rumor abour Baldini.. No wonder Nike are suggesting to drop the stripe :(

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    tassard said:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where exactly did he say that they will be sacked?

Fortunately that wasn't said anywhere, but the "close to the team and the coach" comment (that he repeated when he was asked about the giant banner pro Moggi and Triade), Bettega's tears make most of us fear the worst.

I was thinking: if the family was to work for Juve again, they would need anyway some managers in the triade's place. Football has changed a lot from when Umberto and Gianni Agnelli let Boniperti work on it.
    It's again a problem of "knowing people" and "knowing how it works". Now, what would change with another management? They would need to do exactly what Moggi is accused of having done (and what every manager does, that's why everyone of them is keeping their mouth closed on the case) with those phone calls. Plus it's not like our reputation of being thieves and doped would go away with Moggi: we were considered so before him and will remain so in the eyes of people.
    So what would be the point of making them go? We'd "admit" of being guilty, that's all.
    And not supporting them now would be very unclassy from the family, that never gave them a € to work on in these years and that just a month ago were "behind the triade that is doing an impressive job".

One last thing: Bettega wasn't the only one moved today. A journalist asked Moggi "Just one question, direttore. Were you happy about the banners and the chants?" and Moggi whispered "Yes".
    They wanted to kill them, they are succeding.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    This is really sad. The Banner today was really touchy....It's amazing how everything and everyone is "TRYING" to put this Club down. Yet, we're still standing like the Old Lady.

Old Lady will never die, and whether the Triade will leave or not, there's nothing we can do but praise their great work and what they've done. I simply admire them. Hopefully they'll continue...but then again.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)