Barca fanboy debate (23 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
So does this mean that we are the best offense in Europe? because we scored more goals than Chelsea have while playing one less game

There is beauty in any kind of football that is played to a high standard.

Ironic, really.

Arsenal were known as a defensive team for about 80 years before Wenger showed up.
I am aware of that, i am also aware of the famous (or infamous) "Boring, Boring Arsenal" chant. Luckily i wasn't watching football at the time, as it was Arsenal's style of football that attracted me to this lovely club :heart:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Barca have not been in their best form this season, you know that.

Chelsea are not negative in the league against the lower sides(any team minus the top four), if you watched them in the league you would've known that.
And with Ancelotti, I doubt they'll be negative against any team.

Anyway, even last year they weren't negative. Before the 1st leg against Barca, they played some exciting thriller matches against Liverpool, and they surely weren't negative against Juve or in the second game against Barca.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You know what they say:

Lies, Damned lies and statistics.
I preferred how former Aberdeen manager Ebbe Skovdahl put it:

Statistics are just like mini-skirts, they give you good ideas but hide the most important thing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyway, we all agree that we want Barcelona eliminated from CL, so no need to continue this. Perfectly, we'd like both Inter and Barca to be eliminated, but even if Inter proceeds, we'd like Barca to go out, right?

Or does someone wants them to proceed from their group (no matter who's the 2nd team that proceeds from the same group)?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Eℓvin;2236705 said:
So Fred, let's say Capello replaces Wenger someday, you gonna stop being a Gunner?
Its too late now, i love the team and i will always support them regardless. But i would hate it if we were to play negative football, i'd always be complaining.

And with Ancelotti, I doubt they'll be negative against any team.

Anyway, even last year they weren't negative. Before the 1st leg against Barca, they played some exciting thriller matches against Liverpool, and they surely weren't negative against Juve or in the second game against Barca.
Yes under Hiddink they were never negative, barring the Barca game of course.

I preffered how former Aberdeen manager Ebbe Skovdahl put it:

Statistics are just like mini-skirts, they give you good ideas but hide the most important thing.
Nice :D

Anyway, we all agree that we want Barcelona eliminated from CL, so no need to continue this. Perfectly, we'd like both Inter and Barca to be eliminated, but even if Inter proceeds, we'd like Barca to go out, right?

Or does someone wants them to proceed from their group (no matter who's the 2nd team that proceeds from the same group)?
Its a bit more complicated for me. If we were to face them, i'd rather they get eliminated, if not, then i'd prefer them over other big teams, as at least they will provide entertainment.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
You know what they say:

Lies, Damned lies and statistics.
I definitely agree with that line, but you can't really say that for this case, I mean they are scoring nice amount of goals, wouldn't call them negative or defensive. But Sure Barcelona's game are much offensive, no one can deny that. Chelsea of past years were like that, but this year they are better with Ancelotti imo.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So does this mean that we are the best offense in Europe? because we scored more goals than Chelsea have while playing one less game
Why best?
I never called Chelsea the best or better than Barca.

I just replied to the Chelsea play negative football and Barca play positive football post.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Chelsea when facing a team they perceive as strong as them or stronger most of the time will park the bus. Barca will always play attacking football, whomever the opponent.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
FFS guys, defensive football is NOT negative. Wasting time like Handanovic was doing today IS. Other than that, everything else is just... football.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
if they beat the shit out of inter i dont care if they get through
Well, if they beat the shit out of Inter (a complete humiliation... some 5:0) then I surely won't mind that :D
But my problem is that if Barca beats Inter, then most probably both Barca and Inter will proceed, while if Inter beats Barca then at least one of them will be eliminated.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
By that logic Arsenal (a positive club) reached the 2006 final playing an extremely (and I mean extremely) :gsol:negative:gsol: football. But what it really was is tactical supremacy, and I've enjoyed their game that season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We weren't negative, we just had too many injuries and had to pack the midfield to make up for that. But we counter-attacked teams very effectively that season, we didn't just park the bus and play long balls like Chelsea did against Barca.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Anyway, IMO there's no such thing as negative football. You just do what you can to win.

The only negative football to me is diving, and wasting time (holding the ball near the corner flag doesn't count).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And why do you people think that Barca deserved to beat Chelsea last year?

They were tactically outplayed, Chelsea had more chances overall, more shots on target, more bad luck with some of the ref decisions.... what exactly did Barca do better throughout those 180 minutes?
Fred says Barca outplayed Chelsea. How exactly did they do it?

They did outplay Manchester, Bayern, Lion, Real etc. They even humiliated some of them, but how did they outplay Chelsea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)