Barca fanboy debate (2 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Eℓvin;2236759 said:
Anyway, IMO there's no such thing as negative football. You just do what you can to win.

The only negative football to me is diving, and wasting time (holding the ball near the corner flag doesn't count).
Negative football is the football Arabs play (or better: don't play) when they have a good result :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And why do you people think that Barca deserved to beat Chelsea last year?

They were tactically outplayed, Chelsea had more chances overall, more shots on target, more bad luck with some of the ref decisions.... what exactly did Barca do better throughout those 180 minutes?
Fred says Barca outplayed Chelsea. How exactly did they do it?

They did outplay Manchester, Bayern, Lion, Real etc. They even humiliated some of them, but how did they outplay Chelsea?
:wth:

I never said they outplayed Chelsea, on the very contrary, Chelsea completely stopped Barca and didn't let them play their game. They even neutralised Messi, something that looked virtually impossible last season.

But over the course of the whole tournament, Barca was much better than Chelsea, just because of two games, doesn't mean Chelsea deserved to go through.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Were you even born back then? Did you watch the match at all later in your life?
If you did, then why the hell did you watch THAT match? :lol:

That WC group was special. :D
No, I wasn't born

Yes, I have watched it. I watched it because I kept hearing how boring and negative it was. :D

7 goals in the 6 matches in that group? :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
And why do you people think that Barca deserved to beat Chelsea last year?

They were tactically outplayed, Chelsea had more chances overall, more shots on target, more bad luck with some of the ref decisions.... what exactly did Barca do better throughout those 180 minutes?
Fred says Barca outplayed Chelsea. How exactly did they do it?

They did outplay Manchester, Bayern, Lion, Real etc. They even humiliated some of them, but how did they outplay Chelsea?
They played pretty passes, so they deserved to win.

It doesn't matter that the passes were getting them nowhere. The team that tries to play 'good' football always deserved to win.

Sep 1, 2002
I thought they were the better team in the final and desearved the win. To be honest, I didn't come across anyone else who disagreed (journalist, objective fans) and thought Chelsea hard done by.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They played pretty passes, so they deserved to win.

It doesn't matter that the passes were getting them nowhere. The team that tries to play 'good' football always deserved to win.
Nobody said Chelsea did not outplay Barcelona, nobody said that Barcelona deserved to win that game. Of course they didn't, Chelsea stopped them from playing their football, and Barcelona looked clueless.

What i am saying is, that over the course of the whole tournament, Barca were the much better team and they were the team that deserved to be in the final, based on their form and results in the whole tournament not in the two Chelsea games.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nobody said Chelsea did not outplay Barcelona, nobody said that Barcelona deserved to win that game. Of course they didn't, Chelsea stopped them from playing their football, and Barcelona looked clueless.
I think quite a lot of folk have claimed that, actually.

What i am saying is, that over the course of the whole tournament, Barca were the much better team and they were the team that deserved to be in the final, based on their form and results in the whole tournament not in the two Chelsea games.
Barca were the best team in Europe last season, so, looking at the bigger picture, I'm not going to complain about them winning the thing.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think quite a lot of folk have claimed that, actually.

Barca were the best team in Europe last season, so, looking at the bigger picture, I'm not going to complain about them winning the thing.
I haven't heard a lot of these arguments. Maybe people meant that they'd rather see Barcelona a team that plays good football, in the Final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)