Barca fanboy debate (7 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Eℓvin;2236658 said:
Then give due credit to Chelsea, because they're currently the strongest in Europe.
Too early to make such a judgment. But i think if i had to choose who the best team in Europe was up until now, it would be them, but like i said its too early.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Credit where its due.

People called me a United fanboy in the Arsenal forum at Xtratime because i felt they weren't given the credit they deserved, here i am being called a Barca fanboy. But thats just because i defend whomever isn't getting the credit they deserve.
And Barca aren't getting the credit they deserve? No team is being as praised as Barca in the last 2 seasons. Deservedly praised, yes, but people here don't defend Barca of some biased nonsensical attacks. They defend them WHENEVER anything not positive about them is said.

"I want Barca to be eliminated" - BANG, 2-3 people jump on you
" I want Barca to choke hard" - BANG, 2-3 people jump on you
" Barca lost the 1st place :lol: - OMG, Real fan!
" The Catalonian BS" - BANG, Andy jumps in to defend them.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What's there not to understand? I made everything pretty clear.

Rubin wins I cheer for Inter because that way Barca is surely out. If Inter fail to beat Barca then in the last round I cheer for Rubin on Inter-Rubin because that way Inter will be out.
If Rubin fails to beat Dinamo, then i cheer for Barca on Barca-Inter because that way the chances Inter to be eliminated are bigger.

It's simple, I want at least one of Inter/Barca to be eliminated and in their mutual match I will cheer for the one that has bigger chances to qualify at the time the match is played.

If Rubin wins on Tuesday and then Barca wins against Inter, there are huge chances that both Inter and Barca will qualify. I don't want that.

thanks for re-explaining but i dont care if barca qualifies if they completely humiliate inter

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Oh and by the way, if a team is good at defending and often use that ability to wrap up games - it doesn't fuckin mean they're negative. If you hate Chelsea's way of winning - you hate Juve's way of winning.

There's beauty in defensive skill.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And Barca aren't getting the credit they deserve? No team is being as praised as Barca in the last 2 seasons. Deservedly praised, yes, but people here don't defend Barca of some biased nonsensical attacks. They defend them WHENEVER anything not positive about them is said.

I personally don't mind comments like i hope Barca choke and such. But when somebody says that Chelsea deserved to go through over Barca last season, thats where i chime in.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, I'm just a fanboy.

Go ahead, idiots, and hope for an Inter win.

Funny that the same folks who suck on Inter also are the ones that castigate others for wanting the Serie A to do well.

Some "great" Juve fans over here.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

we reacted to the "excellent news" bit of the message, how does it concern us in any way, how is it excellent news?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Eℓvin;2236665 said:
Oh and by the way, if a team is good at defending and often use that ability to wrap up games - it doesn't fuckin mean they're negative. If you hate Chelsea's way of winning - you hate Juve's way of winning.

Ya, thats what people say when their team is a defensive one. I personally hope that my teams never play defensive football.

Its your choice if you want to play that way, its definitely not "wrong", but i personally do not enjoy it.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Eℓvin;2236665 said:

Agreed, but defensive skill doesn't score goals, it prevents them and some people view it as anti football as it is counter productive. I guess it's a perspective thing, glass half empty or half full like.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Eℓvin;2236665 said:

completely agree :tup:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ya, thats what people say when their team is a defensive one. I personally hope that my teams never play defensive football.

Its your choice if you want to play that way, its definitely not "wrong", but i personally do not enjoy it.
Duly noted. I personally get a huge boner watching Cannavaro, Nesta, Chiellini, Terry, and of course Maldini back then. Not to mention Buffon's unique supremacy.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
then you d equally want all other "teams" out and ought to equally distribute your attention and coverage to their league performances, and since you dont do that you obviously have 'something' against barcelona in particular;
Example?

I cheer week in, week out against Milan and Inter and i'd love to see them eliminated from CL asap.
If there are chances Manchester, Chelsea or Arsenal to be eliminated i'd kill for that too. But right now they all secured the qualification. I'd love it if Marseille eliminates Real and if there is a chance for that to happen, i'll be 100% on Marseille in the last round.

I also cheer against most of them in their leagues. In England, since Manchester is the team I dislike the most, it's normal to support their main opponents on some matches.

Anyway.. my posts in:

Serie A 424

La Liga 47
EPL thread 45

So what's the non-equal distribution you are talking about? If it's serie A vs the others, then yes, but if you meant to say that I don't give equall attention to the EPL compared to La Liga, then you're wrong.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Example?

I cheer week in, week out against Milan and Inter and i'd love to see them eliminated from CL asap.
If there are chances Manchester, Chelsea or Arsenal to be eliminated i'd kill for that too. But right now they all secured the qualification. I'd love it if Marseille eliminates Real and if there is a chance for that to happen, i'll be 100% on Marseille in the last round.

I also cheer against most of them in their leagues. In England, since Manchester is the team I dislike the most, it's normal to support their main opponents on some matches.

Anyway.. my posts in:

Serie A 424

La Liga 47
EPL thread 45

So what's the non-equal distribution you are talking about? If it's serie A vs the others, then yes, but if you meant to say that I don't give equall attention to the EPL compared to La Liga, then you're wrong.
no i was talking about following the league forms of bayern, chelsea, man u and reporting it on here with the same sting. come on bro you know you do it for a reaon :p even if the reason is to annoy those you perceive as fanboys

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
League:
Chelsea 33:8
Barca 29:8

CL
Chelsea 8:2
Barca 3:2

Yeah, Chelsea are negative, Barca are positive.

Barca have not been in their best form this season, you know that.

Chelsea are not negative in the league against the lower sides(any team minus the top four), if you watched them in the league you would've known that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Eℓvin;2236665 said:

There is beauty in any kind of football that is played to a high standard.

Ironic, really.

Arsenal were known as a defensive team for about 80 years before Wenger showed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)