Automatic gear VS Manual gear (3 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A manual shift can be a pain in a place like San Francisco, where there's a lot of traffic, miniscule parking, and what parking and driving there is often takes place on a 15% grade incline. Still, it's my preference for the small car that I drive.

(It also comes in handy when renting a car in Europe too, for that matter. ;) )

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
A manual shift can be a pain in a place like San Francisco, where there's a lot of traffic, miniscule parking, and what parking and driving there is often takes place on a 15% grade incline. Still, it's my preference for the small car that I drive.

(It also comes in handy when renting a car in Europe too, for that matter. ;) )
I find it a nuisance when I'm driving long distance and when I'd like to just go at the same speed all the time, I got to shift quite often if I want to obey the speed limit.

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
One crash FFS, ONE CRASH! ONE!

Not 2, not 3, not 4, ONE!!!
you need to chill ;)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
If u want to buy a car, what type of gear do u prefer: the manual gear or the automatic gear?

I prefer the manual gear since it allows the driver to have the car in his hands, but still the automatic is much easier..

so what do u prefer?
Manual all the way......automatic sucks.....no real driving feeling. Onley good thing about at.transmission is "kickdown" but thats also a bullshit for lazy drivers.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I've driven tiptronic just one, and I guess because I was not used to it did not impress me that much. Multitronic is the way, so you can switch it to auto when in traffic or just tired.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Manual all the way......automatic sucks.....no real driving feeling. Onley good thing about at.transmission is "kickdown" but thats also a bullshit for lazy drivers.
full agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)