Automatic gear VS Manual gear (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Manual is more fun to drive but if u dont have the proper roads and if there is alot of traffic its annoying and I guess tiring.

I have my manual licesnce but I drive mainly automatic although I got a steptronic car too.

My main car is a Ford Mondeo V6. I think 2.0 litre. I love it.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Exactly :D

Nah, I promise that if I earn enough money in the near future (like a few million or something), I'll buy you an Audi TT Quattro. Deal? ;)
its just $35,000!! you dont need a few million

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I prefer the Semi-Automatic or F1 one style shifting on the wheels! Something like the Alfa Romeo's Selespeed gearbox would be perfect....;)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Automatic to me is "fun to drive", because out of all my hands and feet, I am using one foot to press the pedal, the other foot gets bored. One of my hand is on the wheel and the second is either holding a cigarette, or a cola, or something else.

Manual is "very fun to drive". With manual you can do things which you'd never have done with an auto.

Mercedes have this new 7-speed automatic transmission which supposedly works very smooth. Anybody tried the new S or E-class?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
If you get the chance to drive a Subaru WRX STi and feel the hydraulics push after each gear change & the car literally slams you back into your seat then you'll never want to touch an automatic gear shift again. Awesome!!!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Manual any day. Theyre so much more fun to drive. Automatics tho are useful in everyday traffic conditions. But overall id still go with a manual shift.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Mercedes have this new 7-speed automatic transmission which supposedly works very smooth. Anybody tried the new S or E-class?
Yeah, I heard that too.. The 2004 models are supposed to be the first with gear type.
I read the main purpose is to reduce gas consumption, and improve acceleration.

Very innovative by Mercesed, but I'd still take a BMW or even an Audi anyday.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Thats true....... You'd be pissed off with a manual if you drove in a busy city with streets always jammed! :(

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Thats true....... You'd be pissed off with a manual if you drove in a busy city with streets always jammed! :(
Not really, you can just cruise along without having to change gears all the time

Jul 28, 2002
manual any dya, there is not better feeling in a car to time the gear changes perfectly, i love it...but then im a sad car enthusiast.

Auto, only for cruisin gon motorway and long journeys...otherwise manual.

and sod those sequnetial smg dsg crap....they all suck.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I never tried automatic though I'd like to. Probably is very nice for people learning to drive, which I'm still in the process of..

OP
NEDVED

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #55
    Im used to manual gear cars, i rarely drive automatic. Once a funny story happened to me while i was driving: i was driving the car of my uncle on the highway, he has a Pontiac Grand Prix (automatic), the brake pedal in this car is big and wide, while i was driving, i forgot that its an automatic car and i moved my leg to press the clutch, but instead, i pressed on the wide brake pedal :D.. a car hit me from behind but thank god no major damage happened..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    Im used to manual gear cars, i rarely drive automatic. Once a funny story happened to me while i was driving: i was driving the car of my uncle on the highway, he has a Pontiac Grand Prix (automatic), the brake pedal in this car is big and wide, while i was driving, i forgot that its an automatic car and i moved my leg to press the clutch, but instead, i pressed on the wide brake pedal :D.. a car hit me from behind but thank god no major damage happened..
    :LOL: ... sorry, but that's hillarious!! :D

The guys in the Arabic thread were just talking about an accident. Yousef hit some girl infront of him and her car got pushed a bit, but instead of stopping, she paniced and was pressing the acceleration.. she ended up hitting a couple more cars infront of her....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I never tried automatic though I'd like to. Probably is very nice for people learning to drive, which I'm still in the process of..
    :dazed:
    At what age to people normally start driving there in Norway?!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    When learning auto is definitely easier especially when it comes to stopping & starting on a hill. With the manaul shift you require intricate balancing skills on the clutch & accelerator.

Is this a 6 speed forward + reverse or?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)