Automatic gear VS Manual gear (4 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++

Is this a 6 speed forward + reverse or?
No, it's 7-speed Auto forward. New feature this year in most Mercedes Benz cars (S class and E i think.. as he said). :thumb:

BMW and Audi will most likely have it available next year. i know the BMW's 7'series has been 6-speed-Auto/Steptronic for a while now.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
NEDVED

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #64
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

:LOL: ... sorry, but that's hillarious!! :D

The guys in the Arabic thread were just talking about an accident. Yousef hit some girl infront of him and her car got pushed a bit, but instead of stopping, she paniced and was pressing the acceleration.. she ended up hitting a couple more cars infront of her....
    :rofl:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    No, it's 7-speed Auto forward. New feature this year in most Mercedes Benz cars (S class and E i think.. as he said). :thumb:
    7-speed forward :eek: Is it going to a short gear ratio or what! Imagine revving to the red lines upon each gear change .....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++

7-speed forward :eek: Is it going to a short gear ratio or what! Imagine revving to the red lines upon each gear change .....
    It's designed brilliantly... When you kickdown it skips a couple of gears too.. the gear box is even a bit smaller than the regular 6-speed they used to have.
    It helps with gas consumption, quietness and a smooth shifting.

Thank god it's not Manual, or you'd be shifting waay more often.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    im just learning to drive now on my dads honda s2000 (manual) i gave the transmission a good beating with my terrible gear changes :D

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    If u want to buy a car, what type of gear do u prefer: the manual gear or the automatic gear?

I prefer the manual gear since it allows the driver to have the car in his hands, but still the automatic is much easier..

so what do u prefer?
    Definitly go with the Automatic, unless your getting a sports car.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    im just learning to drive now on my dads honda s2000 (manual) i gave the transmission a good beating with my terrible gear changes :D

hahaha I used to do that to my old car

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

hahaha I used to do that to my old car
    nice, but you probably didnt feel as guilty since this is his brand new sports car :D

it mainly happened when i try and start it when on a sloped road, and ill let up the clutch too fast and the car just jerks back and forth. my back hurts now

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

nice, but you probably didnt feel as guilty since this is his brand new sports car :D

it mainly happened when i try and start it when on a sloped road, and ill let up the clutch too fast and the car just jerks back and forth. my back hurts now
    haha that also happened to me

and once I tried to start the car on third gear. it was horrid

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Ok, there are only 3 options:

1. If you have an E46 3-series, it must be stick shift.

2. If you have either an E39 5-series, or E60 6-series, it must be stick shift.

3. If you have an E65 7-series- it may be automatic. Only because stick shift is unfortunately unavailable for that model.

Other options simply do not exist in nature.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

So do it slower man. after changing gear, lift the foot from the clutch a few centimeters, then keep it still for 2 seconds, and then lift it completely. All it takes is a little feel.

Its not that hard, if you cant drive a manual than you shouldnt drive at all.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

So do it slower man. after changing gear, lift the foot from the clutch a few centimeters, then keep it still for 2 seconds, and then lift it completely. All it takes is a little feel.

Its not that hard, if you cant drive a manual than you shouldnt drive at all.
    yea i know but it was like my first time driving at all i just had to learn. im only 14 i still cant get a license for another 2 years, and here theyre really strict about underage driving (if your caught youll get a massive fine)

i get it right about 80% of the time now but some times i still do it too fast. my parents said theyre only letting me drive manual anyway (probably just because they want to feel european :D )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)