Antonio Conte (31 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I said it even in the middle of first half, we didnt play bad. We didnt play bad whole game, we controlled it and had our chances. Lack of finishing is what cost us this game and some bad defending form Bonucci. We should have done more and we deserved more but like many times this season in Europe, we just didnt used the chances presented to us. With all this being said, i think that 2-1 is not a bad result and is very much and open game next week and are chances of progressing to the final are quite big. FORZA JUVE!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
“Other teams who play with four at the back are at home watching us on television, so the systems don’t make much difference.”

First of all, this is from a team who were kicked out from the CL and who are in the semifinals because they beat shit teams like Trabzonspor and Fiorentina. Wonder if Real, Bayern and Chelsea are wondering if they should switch to a back 3 and just bench all of their attacking players that make them this good.
What a badass of a coach. And this after losing the first leg of EL SF's. :lol:

PSG, Barca and City were miring for our tactics.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Been saying for so long, why do we play with an extra defender only to get that defender to take up the role of an attacker.

It's like playing Bonucci ahead of Tevez and wondering why it's not working the way it should. Yes, let's play 5-3-2 and have Chiellini be a playmaker and Bonucci a B2B cm :lol:

Mar 10, 2009
So chlsea go away play ultra organized defense , we go away take control of the game and yet chelsea is better ?
How pls explain ?
Sure;

1. Chelsea played against a much better team.
2. Chelsea were never on the back foot or trailing in that game.
3. Chelsea have showed so far, that they can switch to attacking if needs be, heck they had 4 forwards against PSG by the end of the game.
4. Chelsea justified their tactics, because there defence was proven strong anyway, unlike Juve, who set out defensively and still perform badly in that department.

Thus there really is no comparison, especially when one team could be on the verge of entering their 3rd European title in a row

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
“Other teams who play with four at the back are at home watching us on television, so the systems don’t make much difference.”

First of all, this is from a team who were kicked out from the CL and who are in the semifinals because they beat $#@! teams like Trabzonspor and Fiorentina. Wonder if Real, Bayern and Chelsea are wondering if they should switch to a back 3 and just bench all of their attacking players that make them this good.
Are you comparing the attack of real bayern and chelsea to ours ?

Mar 10, 2009
Why the $#@! so you support Juventus and why the $#@! do you post in the Serie A and EL/CL threads about it if it bothers you so much?

Actually I think you will find I never brought up to coefficiency, until your snide comments towards me.

I support Juve because they're my favorite team, and always have been. But at the same time, I will accept criticisim when it's justified, this doesn't mean I hate them.

Whatever i'm done for today

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Been saying for so long, why do we play with an extra defender only to get that defender to take up the role of an attacker.

It's like playing Bonucci ahead of Tevez and wondering why it's not working the way it should. Yes, let's play 5-3-2 and have Chiellini be a playmaker and Bonucci a B2B cm :lol:
This is really the biggest problem with our team. It is debilitating when we play outside of Italy where teams don't give us the respect to walk the ball into their half.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Actually I think you will find I never brought up to coefficiency, until your snide comments towards me.

I support Juve because they're my favorite team, and always have been. But at the same time, I will accept criticisim when it's justified, this doesn't mean I hate them.

Whatever i'm done for today
If I have succeeded in making you stop posting your nonsensical garbage in this thread for at least another 24 hours then I consider my work done.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
When it comes to formations and selections, the only Conte mistake today was trusting Vucinic to partner Tevez. We were much better and deserved a much better result in this game. People who claim otherwise are a bunch of hypocrites.

And if we play the return game with the same formation, players and mentality, we will destroy Benfica at JS.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Sure;

1. Chelsea played against a much better team.
2. Chelsea were never on the back foot or trailing in that game.
3. Chelsea have showed so far, that they can switch to attacking if needs be, heck they had 4 forwards against PSG by the end of the game.
4. Chelsea justified their tactics, because there defence was proven strong anyway, unlike Juve, who set out defensively and still perform badly in that department.

Thus there really is no comparison, especially when one team could be on the verge of entering their 3rd European title in a row
1. Atm is better than chelsea ? no right ? so why did he go so defensive ?
2. They were in their own box for 90 mins....the footballing world has made fun of his parking the bus .
3. Good point i agree with that conte needs to learn more on reading the game ...but also mourinho has those players we currently dont .
4 We dint set out defnesively at all....from a neutral point of view hell benfica fans themselves are saying there were lucky ....we dint take our chances and that can happen to anyteam
In an away semi final game we did very well.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Thing is that Marotta and Conte honestly buy all of this shit that we're an attacking team. When Benfica's coach yesterday said that we're a typical defensive Italian team Marotta got offended as if it now not the truth:

“Conte’s football is primarily attacking, both in Italy and in Europe. We certainly don’t use catenaccio tactics. If you want to say we are smart and efficient, then that’s fine, but these comments only serve to further motivate us.”

:lol: :lol:
Playing with 9 defensive minded players, calls us attacking. And in Europe :rofl: Yeah, we showed all of those teams in Europe our amazing offensive abilities.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Thing is that Marotta and Conte honestly buy all of this $#@! that we're an attacking team. When Benfica's coach yesterday said that we're a typical defensive Italian team Marotta got offended as if it now not the truth:

“Conte’s football is primarily attacking, both in Italy and in Europe. We certainly don’t use catenaccio tactics. If you want to say we are smart and efficient, then that’s fine, but these comments only serve to further motivate us.”

:lol: :lol:
Playing with 9 defensive minded players, calls us attacking. And in Europe :rofl: Yeah, we showed all of those teams in Europe our amazing offensive abilities.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

slowly but surely the mediocrity mentality is creeping our team :sergio:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
5 goals from open play in 6 CL games, there's no way in hell I can bring myself to defend our management there.

We're 'attacking' in Serie A because teams see our name on the fixture list and shit themselves followed by the usual 10 man wall approach. We can hardly sit back against Chievo who play 9-0-1 can we?

As soon as a big game comes around, we're a defensive team. As seen by two defensive wide players, 3 CBs 1 Deep lying midfielder and 2 box to box mids.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014

The extra defender is to protect pirlo .....in a 4-3-3 the its a cdm that sits behind when in between of 2 cbs when fullbacks go and attack ..like for barca busquet does to break the counter attacks....pirlo cant do that so we have 3 at the back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)