Antonio Conte (326 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The extra defender is to protect pirlo .....in a 4-3-3 the its a cdm that sits behind when in between of 2 cbs when fullbacks go and attack ..like for barca busquet does to break the counter attacks....pirlo cant do that so we have 3 at the back.
Problem is Bonucci can't even protect himself so in games like this he adds nothing

If we had an extra midfielder i'd be up for benching Pirlo anyway in games like this. His world class free kicks keep masking his very poor European performances. He is a legend but sadly doesn't have the legs for intense games. People can literally walk past him providing they don't walk within 2 yards of his personal space.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
In order for me to do that I need more attacking players, preferably on the pitch.
So when we dont have those players how can we play like those teams ? We dont have a lb and dont have wingers to go 4-3-3.....so with the current squad we did well...what was wrong with todays performance ?
I wonder how you would feel if you were supporting chelsea with all the attacking talent they played catenaccio tactics.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So when we dont have those players how can we play like those teams ? We dont have a lb and dont have wingers to go 4-3-3.....so with the current squad we did well...what was wrong with todays performance ?
I wonder how you would feel if you were supporting chelsea with all the attacking talent they played catenaccio tactics.
Catenaccio with Hazard, Oscar and Willian >>> "attack" dominated by Asamoah, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barz, Licht

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Problem is Bonucci can't even protect himself so in games like this he adds nothing

If we had an extra midfielder i'd be up for benching Pirlo anyway in games like this. His world class free kicks keep masking his very poor European performances. He is a legend but sadly doesn't have the legs for intense games. People can literally walk past him providing they don't walk within 2 yards of his personal space.
But thats how it is with ozil , mata , xavi etc. The playmakers are not held responsible for defense ....pirlo plays as a deep lying playmaker so it seems as if he the one to be blamed....but thats actually not his job.
Agree on bonucci's brain fart he has costed us this season in europe .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let him be. I don't even need to make an attempt at humiliating him as he's doing it all by himself.
You talking about someone else humiliating themselves... How utterly ironic. You should be a postmodernist. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Catenaccio with Hazard, Oscar and Willian >>> "attack" dominated by Asamoah, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barz, Licht
Because we have really spent the money that Chelsea have and have such players available :sergio:

Mister

Apr 4, 2014

ok good thanks for answer......
Cost of hazard oscar willian ?
Now you know why we cant play in that manner ? Because we cant buy those players.What we should be doing is hypothetical , what we can do we did we the team we have and that is played very well in an away game dominating possession and shots on target .
Dont see a problem here dont know why you do ?

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
but mou's team always capable to counter, we on the other hand often sit back but unable to counter properly... like in today's case, I saw giovinco wasted in the middle instead of exploiting wings although benfica's wings were wide open when it was 1-1, two examples for comparison : lippi and prandelli ordered their twin partnership strikers to play wide in 2006 final and 2012 1st match, they successfully exploited france and spain allowing italy to counter.

conte never did that with his 3-5-2, one of the biggest reason why we can't properly counter.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's a major flaw in our game, like I pointed out a long time ago we cannot sit back without the ability to counter. We are missing the direct, pacey players that can counter attack efficiently. Sitting back without the ability to counter attack is as good as giving the other team a goal.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
When the $#@! did the discussion become about signing the players?
Attacking play needs quality attacking players since you want this team to be more attack minded and since we dont have the money to buy di maria hazard robben ribery etc.....are you not satisfied with the teams performance based on who they actually are and not how they should be ?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
ok good thanks for answer......
Cost of hazard oscar willian ?
Now you know why we cant play in that manner ? Because we cant buy those players.What we should be doing is hypothetical , what we can do we did we the team we have and that is played very well in an away game dominating possession and shots on target .
Dont see a problem here dont know why you do ?
You asked me what I thought if I was a Chelsea fan and I said I prefer parking the bus and having guys like Hazard, Willian and Oscar doing work on the counter than attacking with our team. Nowhere was the discussion about having Chelsea's players.

But let me put it to you this way, catenaccio with Giovinco, Llorente and Tevez >> Attacking with what we have today.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There is no such thing as a counter attack by this team. When we force a turnover we make just enough passes or movements to advance the ball so that we can comfortably play it back to a CB, who can then touch it to Bonucci, and we can "set up" our possession.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
but mou's team always capable to counter, we on the other hand often sit back but unable to counter properly... like in today's case, I saw giovinco wasted in the middle instead of exploiting wings although benfica's wings were wide open when it was 1-1, two examples for comparison : lippi and prandelli ordered their twin partnership strikers to play wide in 2006 final and 2012 1st match, they successfully exploited france and spain allowing italy to counter.

conte never did that with his 3-5-2, one of the biggest reason why we can't properly counter.
He can counter because thats the way he sets his team up.....2 holding midfield.....3 attackin mids with 1 striker . Its a different thing when hazard has the ball on his feet compared to say giovinco , its not only about the formation and styl....its also the players technical ability with the ball .....for example dani alves is almost playing as a right winger because he is good with the ball ....good short passes , crosses shots etc.
Gio is wasted in the middle i agree but finding that space is upto him to do it depending on this tactical understanding of the game

- - - Updated - - -

You asked me what I thought if I was a Chelsea fan and I said I prefer parking the bus and having guys like Hazard, Willian and Oscar doing work on the counter than attacking with our team. Nowhere was the discussion about having Chelsea's players.

But let me put it to you this way, catenaccio with Giovinco, Llorente and Tevez >> Attacking with what we have today.
Ok....we dont even have a left back to go back 4 ....and in a 3-5-2 how would you have those 3 starting ?

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
would b nice for all of us to sit in the same physical space and watch a juve match together...see how this argument goes...here zach and the others spin on what goes on in-game..frothymouthed

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

capable yes, but are they effective at doing so? probably not!

- - - Updated - - -

would b nice for all of us to sit in the same physical space and watch a juve match together...see how this argument goes...here zach and the others spin on what goes on in-game..frothymouthed
i swear i would have kicked the shit out of the haters

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
capable yes, but are they effective at doing so? probably not!

- - - Updated - - -

i swear i would have kicked the shit out of the haters
lol...sure..

- - - Updated - - -

In order to play good in Europe, Conte should learn from Klopp and Simeone. Next season is make or break for him.
:agreed:

hopefully the board will give him decent player additions...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
In order to play good in Europe, Conte should learn from Klopp and Simeone. Next season is make or break for him.
learn in what sense? make or break??? as long as we're winning and doing well which we are Conte's job security is in no doubts

There was absolutely nothing wrong with our game plan tonight once again individual mistakes cost us, again not Conte's fault

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 320)