Antonio Conte (73 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
learn in what sense? make or break??? as long as we're winning and doing well which we are Conte's job security is in no doubts
That's the problem. We are winning in a declining league. Because we are winning a declining league, we think that we don't need to change much. Conte's comments today proved that. He said formations don't matter. I repeat, he said formations don't matter. I can't believe a coach said formations do not matter.

Let's see what happens this Summer. We need new signings. We need the board to deliver.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That's the problem. We are winning in a declining league. Because we are winning a declining league, we think that we don't need to change much. Conte's comments today proved that. He said formations don't matter. I repeat, he said formations don't matter. I can't believe a coach said formations do not matter.

Let's see what happens this Summer. We need new signings. We need the board to deliver.
The formation doesn't matter, the formation is not what lost us the game today, nor Conte for that matter. lapses in concentration by certain individuals is what has cost us in europe this season, that is no fault of the formation what so ever

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
The formation doesn't matter, the formation is not what lost us the game today, nor Conte for that matter. lapses in concentration by certain individuals is what has cost us in europe this season, that is no fault of the formation what so ever
You're absolutely right. It was lapses in concentration. We are playing players that fit the formation. If we did not have this formation, we would not have the players that have lapses in concentration.

Example, if we did not play 3-5-2 we would not be using Bonucci. If we did not use Bonucci he wouldn't be directly involved in 2 of the goals today.

You see how they link?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Nah, his position is cemented here. Unless some major underachievement occurs, missing to qualify for the CL, he'll stay. Rightfully so.
If he doesn't learn we'll end up like Celtic. Some of the members here already mirror their fans. They beat Barca and thought we'd be a walk in the park. Just like we put up a fight against Real and all of a sudden we're amazing.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
learn in what sense? make or break??? as long as we're winning and doing well which we are Conte's job security is in no doubts

There was absolutely nothing wrong with our game plan tonight once again individual mistakes cost us, again not Conte's fault
Individual mistakes happen. In fact, all goals can be prevented in some way, so that's no excuse. You can't play with a game plan that "we won't lose as long as we make no mistakes". Because when we do, tonight happens.

Someone commented that Benfica scored on the only two chances that they got, as if it that means we're just unlucky. Well if that keeps happening, then it's our fault. How about try to score more goals when (especially when we have the momentum, like tonight) instead of hoping we don't concede via individual mistakes.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You're absolutely right. It was lapses in concentration. We are playing players that fit the formation. If we did not have this formation, we would not have the players that have lapses in concentration.

Example, if we did not play 3-5-2 we would not be using Bonucci. If we did not use Bonucci he wouldn't be directly involved in 2 of the goals today.

You see how they link?
bonucci is not the only one to have had lapses in concentrations this season, chiellini against madrid? shall we drop him too? or caceres as well in the same game, i guess we're just forced to play ogbonna and barzagli in a 4 man defence. that would never work

- - - Updated - - -

Individual mistakes happen. In fact, all goals can be prevented in some way, so that's no excuse. You can't play with a game plan that "we won't lose as long as we make no mistakes". Because when we do, tonight happens.

Someone commented that Benfica scored on the only two chances that they got, as if it that means we're just unlucky. Well if that keeps happening, then it's our fault. How about try to score more goals when (especially when we have the momentum, like tonight) instead of hoping we don't concede via individual mistakes.
i accept individual mistakes happen, that is human nature but i see no correlation between individual mistakes to that of the formation or the manager in charge

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Too many problems. Stuborn deciding about substitutions.Why the fuck he puts Osvaldo in today.To punch somebody?He is twice weaker than Quag which is not registered for EL.Formation sucks,but on the other hand you must have decent players on every position.Surely not idiots like Bonucci and play so dedicated with him.Also you want be to a big club when you want just to pass the market cheap and that is your main aim and not to buy a champions on every position.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Too many problems. Stuborn deciding about substitutions.Why the fuck he puts Osbaldo in today.To punch somebody?He is twice weaker than Quag which is not registered for EL.Formation sucks,but on the other hand you must have decent players on every position.Surely not idiots like Bonucci and play so dedicated with him.Also you van be a big club when you want just to pass the market cheap and that is your main aim and not to buy a champions on every position.
do you not think that if bonucci was consistently this bad Conte would have dropped him by now? not that im defending bonucci's actions but even Chiellini and Caceres have had their moments this season. But it's not like Conte can predict out of the defenders who will play like shit

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
i accept individual mistakes happen, that is human nature but i see no correlation between individual mistakes to that of the formation or the manager in charge
The approach is what matters. We give all our momentum that we had until the goal, to sit back and soak up pressure. Defence cracks, goal conceded. Why do that? Especially knowing that we have players prone to errors? It's a dangerous tactic that clearly screws us over time and again.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If he doesn't learn we'll end up like Celtic. Some of the members here already mirror their fans. They beat Barca and thought we'd be a walk in the park. Just like we put up a fight against Real and all of a sudden we're amazing.
We're faaaaaaar away from Celtic and Italy despite of decline is still among top 4-5 leagues in Europe. Their market is too big and clubs are way to illustrious for that comparison; they can't fall down further. Juve will need to change some things for the next year, introduce some new faces come the summer, as complacency might become an issue for us in the future. Judging by the rumors on the market we just might. Don't worry. :wink:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The approach is what matters. We give all our momentum that we had until the goal, to sit back and soak up pressure. Defence cracks, goal conceded. Why do that? Especially knowing that we have players prone to errors? It's a dangerous tactic that clearly screws us over time and again.
I don't think we did sit back after the equaliser, if anything we still had the majority of the ball and looked the better of the 2 sides to get a winner. It was just in this instance benfica were in possession and punished us

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Conte has many great achievements, but he is the one who puts Bonucci out there. He's the one who has been insisting with Bonucci and Pirlo in Europe. It's his responsibility that Juve is great in Italy, and also very bad in Europe.

The result itself wasn't that bad. But Benfica played a shitty match. They gave us every chance to at least draw this game.

Conte will only leave Juve when he wants to. But he has a lot to improve.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
I dont blame Bonucci for the final result.
I didnt like the first half of the overall team, we looked terrible, the second was more decent with us dominating a little bit more, nonetheless this team can do much better.
I would prefer we change the current formation.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
And he definitely struggles to find solutions to the team's problems.

E.g. the fucking short corners. It happens over and over and over again.

The biggest problem here is that he doesn't show any signs of improvement. This team is clearly very predictable.

Was it so hard to field a 433 with Ogbonna as a left back, Asamoah in the middle, Tevez and Giovinco as forwards supporting Llorente?

WTF do we have to play Vucinic, Osvaldo and Bonucci??? Just bad decision making, that's all. You look at our team and we have great individuals like Tevez, Llorente, Asamoah, Litch, Pogba. Gotta play better than this. I repeat, the result itself isn't that bad. But decision making must improve.

It doesn't seem like a coincidence the fact we struggled against Norwekkjdkfjdkfjdfland, Gala and others. It's always the same pattern. It's just shameful to put Bonucci out there.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont blame Bonucci for the final result.
I didnt like the first half of the overall team, we looked terrible, the second was more decent with us dominating a little bit more, nonetheless this team can do much better.
I would prefer we change the current formation.
I think it's both things. Gotta put in the right players and use the best formation. I agree that formation is also not ideal. But fielding Bonucci is just pathetic.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
And he definitely struggles to find solutions to the team's problems.

E.g. the $#@!ing short corners. It happens over and over and over again.

The biggest problem here is that he doesn't show any signs of improvement. This team is clearly very predictable.
what happened to the conte before 3-5-2? what happened to that man? the biggest mystery from conte's coaching career so far.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
WTF do we have to play Vucinic, Osvaldo and Bonucci??? Just bad decision making, that's all.
This shid is loltastic. And please, conte fanboys...just dont try to defend this by saying "his tactics were spot on, we just had an individual mistake". If you are going to reply with this...please go and choke on a fat one. Dont bother.

VUCINIC? seriously=?. This guy is done for in Juventus...why Conte still uses him?. He is sooo 2012. Come on. Is not even on good form. I totally blame Conte for improvising this madness.

This season we are done for in terms of hoping to change formations. Conte will never do that. But listen well folks...we will sink faster than the titanic if Conte keeps Pirlo and Bonucci as our flagbearers of the 352 next season.
Conte needs to man up and ask for players to go away from the 352.

Ill not accept anything than a convincing win in our home..... because it was clear as water that we have more than enought to damage them IF WE PLAY WITH PROPER MENTALITY AND TACTICS.

Geez, the guy is so fukin noob and stubborn.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus have done well to play attacking football over the last three years
yeah right.

The biggest problem here is that he doesn't show any signs of improvement.
Since the Bayern games,,, i have been left with this ill feeling that Conte will never learn. peeps keep saying we would learn yada yada...but we have got even worst...Conte has gotten more stubbon and noobtastic.

Yet, he has his "free form jail card" in the way he insinuates the Board doesnt give him the players he wants. Lets see what he will do in the upcoming mercato. If he fails to deliver quality players to change gameplans...oh good lord... then i hope everyone gets convinced of his deficiencies as an strategist.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Yes. It's not about hating Conte. It's about giving him credit for success and responsibility for failure.

He's way too stubborn. And I'm 100pc sure he'll insist next season with the fucking 352, Bonucci and Pirlo, unless some big name like Sanchez arrives.

About Pirlo, I'm all in for him to be a starter in Serie A. In Europe, it should depend on the game. As a rule, we'd need a true DM like Asa so we could field a 4 men defense.

If Conte doesn't adapt, ceilling has already been touched by this team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If Conte doesn't adapt, ceilling has already been touched by this team.
I haave no doubts about this. What u see is our final product. We will not get better than this. Its the sad truth.

We may be "too good" for serie A (and yes i use caps because we are not even smashing minnows in a poor serie A), but in europe....we are taken out of our small pond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 63)