Antonio Conte (30 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
losing 3 finals is not a good record in my book, could care less what any mug could say. Like i said we had the best team in the world with loads of talent, winning one CL final (with PKs mind you) over that span is NOT a good record.
The fact that he reached 4 champions league finals in itself is a huge achievement.

By best team do you mean individual players ? Because we certainly didn't have that back then, we had a very solid all around team with 3-4 star players in that team.

Lippi manage to create that great unit we used to have and Conte is similar in that aspect IMO.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The fact that he reached 4 champions league finals in itself is a huge achievement.

By best team do you mean individual players ? Because we certainly didn't have that back then, we had a very solid all around team with 3-4 star players in that team.

Lippi manage to create that great unit we used to have and Conte is similar in that aspect IMO.
best is a comparative term, if Juve weren't the best then who were... genuine question btw, because I have limited know-how about that time.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
best is a comparative term, if Juve weren't the best then who were... genuine question btw, because I have limited know-how about that time.
Lazio IMO had better individual players back then. They had a team almost full of stars with the likes of Veron, Nedved and Diego Simeone in midfield, Sensini, Sinisa Mihajlovic, Nesta in defence, Salas, Mancini and Alan Boksic in attack and I'm sure I've missed out on some other big names.

At that time we had Del piero, Davids, Zidane and Deschamps who were considered our star players the rest were solid players who did precisely there job but nothing more.

Yet we played much better than they did as a "team" and we used to have that "never give up even in the last seconds of the game attitude" that kept us ahead of everyone else in Italy and even in Europe something no one else had back then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)