Antonio Conte (323 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I believe 75-80% is a more widely accepted range for the likelihood of a penalty being scored.

And I think red card and penalty is too harsh a punishment when a player - like Buffon did - makes a genuine effort to get the ball, but accidentally fouls the player.

I'd only tend to give a red card as well as a penalty when it is a deliberate foul or deliberate handball on the line.
I just find it interesting that Bardi wasn't given the same treatment last night.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I just find it interesting that Bardi wasn't given the same treatment last night.
I guess the logic would be that the attacker's touch went pretty wide, so it wasn't considered a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

Klose managed to keep the ball pretty close when he knocked it past Buffon, so it was still a clear chance.

Apr 8, 2013
we had the best team in the world and lost to the likes of dortmund :p Lippi's CL record is pretty bad
Wow, playing 4 CL finals and playing the best football in Europe according to pretty much everyone at the time and being praised by the likes of Ferguson and Sacchi means to have a "pretty bad" record? Jeez dude, your parameters must be a bit wrong. :lol:

And I still remember the way they stole us 97 and 98 CL finals... Against Madrid Mijatovic's offside goal and against Dortmund Vieri regular goal not given and Riedle's offside goal allowed... And 2 dubious penalties in our favour...

I can understand that someone misinformed can bash on Conte, even if we statistically we were one of the best team in CL and got unlucky (and last year he took us far with Vucinic-Giovinco upfront), but on Lippi, jeezus christ? Are we fucking serious? :lol:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We were poor in the CL this year no two ways about it. We played well the majority of every game but we always shot ourselves in the foot. We didnt get things done. We did great the preceding season though.

About lippi. I totally agree with you.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Wow, playing 4 CL finals and playing the best football in Europe according to pretty much everyone at the time and being praised by the likes of Ferguson and Sacchi means to have a "pretty bad" record? Jeez dude, your parameters must be a bit wrong. :lol:

And I still remember the way they stole us 97 and 98 CL finals... Against Madrid Mijatovic's offside goal and against Dortmund Vieri regular goal not given and Riedle's offside goal allowed... And 2 dubious penalties in our favour...

I can understand that someone misinformed can bash on Conte, even if we statistically we were one of the best team in CL and got unlucky (and last year he took us far with Vucinic-Giovinco upfront), but on Lippi, jeezus christ? Are we fucking serious? :lol:
losing 3 finals is not a good record in my book, could care less what any mug could say. Like i said we had the best team in the world with loads of talent, winning one CL final (with PKs mind you) over that span is NOT a good record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 317)