Antonio Conte (269 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
“Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba and also Pirlo are more suited to a three-man midfield. Tevez did well in the second half to go left when needed to stem Lazio’s attacks, then I moved him back next to Llorente for a 3-4-2.”

~Conte

:sergio:

Didn't see it as 3-4-2 myself.

Thought Juve had a back four; Vidal, Marchisio Pogba across midfield; and Tevez playing behind Llorente.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
"It’s disappointing there’s this rule, because I think a penalty is punishment enough without the need for a red card," the 44-year-old told reporters after the match.

"I’ve said that for years, regardless of whether it’s in our favour or against, because it ruins the game. Sometimes the referees give a yellow card, sometimes a red, so it’s never really clear.

"I will not speak before the Inter game [next week], nor before any other match for the rest of the season."

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I wouldn't say intent is important here. If I was the attacker, I would feel aggrieved to have my 95% chance stolen and be rewarded with a 66% chance penalty.
Where does this numbers come from? :lol:
A pk is a clear scoring opportunity. I'm sick and tired of how the rules are made only to favour the attacking players.
And of course intent should be important - the other rules are about intent.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Those are my numbers :D

It's the defender's fault if he fouls the attacker (accidental or not) who happened to better him and create a sure goal. Why should the attacker face the greater chance of missing from the spot when the defender illegally halted him?

benji

Feb 27, 2012
What's he pissed about?
Some roman radio journalist tried to ask him about second penalty for Lazio four times in 5 minutes :sergio: First time Conte avoids the answer, second time he says that he hasn't seen it but if this guy is sure about it, then Conte trusts him. Third time our press officer doesn't let the same journalist talk because there are others who want to ask their questions, Conte doesn't wait for another question and says that this guy is not a journalist but a fan and that he shouldn't be there. Then he listens to and answers a regular question, but this roman idiot tries to interrupt him :sergio: Conte says this guy "must go to the Curva" and leaves press room immediately.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Some roman radio journalist tried to ask him about second penalty for Lazio four times in 5 minutes :sergio: First time Conte avoids the answer, second time he says that he hasn't seen it but if this guy is sure about it, then Conte trusts him. Third time our press officer doesn't let the same journalist talk because there are others who want to ask their questions, Conte doesn't wait for another question and says that this guy is not a journalist but a fan and that he shouldn't be there. Then he listens to and answers a regular question, but this roman idiot tries to interrupt him :sergio: Conte says this guy "must go to the Curva" and leaves press room immediately.
:sergio:

Agent provocateur.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I wouldn't say intent is important here. If I was the attacker, I would feel aggrieved to have my 95% chance stolen and be rewarded with a 66% chance penalty.
I believe 75-80% is a more widely accepted range for the likelihood of a penalty being scored.

And I think red card and penalty is too harsh a punishment when a player - like Buffon did - makes a genuine effort to get the ball, but accidentally fouls the player.

I'd only tend to give a red card as well as a penalty when it is a deliberate foul or deliberate handball on the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 252)