Antonio Conte (212 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I liked what i saw from Llorente - Hell, if he can setup clear chances like today. He should play all the time.
Setting up chances for who? Usually the striker has the best finish in the team, setting up for goals with players in midfield and defense is much harder as they usually have lower chance conversion rate. It's better that the midfielder sets up the striker. I don't see too many goals in Llorente, he is just not striker sharp in front of goal.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
conte is the coach and it is his main task to create a game plan with the players he has at his disposal and make that game plan to work well.

the sporting director main task is to sell and bring players to give the coach as many options.

in the past conte had wingers badass remember krasic, Elly, giacherini, isla, de ceglie etc but they barely got minutes since they weren't good enough or didn't match his tactics.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Any more adjectives? You haven't really explained any of the real problems out there, which are how this team is concentrating in a football match. It's the basics of football that are allowing teams like Fiorentina and Milan to have a sniff at Juve when they are outplayed for most of the match. Bonucci making clumsy passes back to his goalkeeper/Buffon passing the ball to the opposition just outside of the penalty area/Buffon spilling shots to the striker right in front of him aren't down to Conte, the team was set up and should have cruised that game. These players are letting the club down.
Problems with the team? There are heaps of them. An abundance of mistakes, lethargy, lack of focus and concentration, arrogance, missing Licht and Vucinic, some players not pulling their weight, the defense being an utter joke, but I thought we were focusing on discussing Conte, not the other aspects/elements of the team. Mind you, I am not blaming Conte, but he is accountable as well, and can't be absolved of all responsibility in this situation.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Setting up chances for who? Usually the striker has the best finish in the team, setting up for goals with players in midfield and defense is much harder as they usually have lower chance conversion rate. It's better that the midfielder sets up the striker. I don't see too many goals in Llorente, he is just not striker sharp in front of goal.
Ok.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We've been hearing this since the first game. We have looked horrible from the beginning this season.
When I criticized our preseason some experts here were stating that those performances weren't real indicator of our abilities. Results weren't important but what could we all see even back then was practically the same approach to the game, lack of ideas, dull play and unfortunately we are seeing it all now.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Mourinho changes clubs every 3 years because he doesn't think he can fuel hunger in the players longer than that time period. Hunger and mentality can't be the long term solution, we need quality forwards not more squad players.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We haven't been good since we tanked Lazio at the start of the season.

I get the impression that our players want to save their energy for bigger games, I got the same impression for the majority of last season too. Simply isn't good enough.

May 22, 2007
Conte says their goals were "freak goals" and we controlled the game. As expected he does not address the problem. We are royally fucked.
What is the problem?

Problems with the team? There are heaps of them. An abundance of mistakes, lethargy, lack of focus and concentration, arrogance, missing Licht and Vucinic, some players not pulling their weight, the defense being an utter joke, but I thought we were focusing on discussing Conte, not the other aspects/elements of the team. Mind you, I am not blaming Conte, but he is accountable as well, and can't be absolved of all responsibility in this situation.
You were nailed onto Conte in the post I quoted, but we see similar issues in the team at least.

Conte has the task of figuring out what the hell to do with Buffon. That's up to him.

Brujitas

Aug 21, 2010
Yes indeed, we are horrible since the start of the season, it's not bad to admit that.
A football team is a football TEAM. If the players seem uninterested and lazy, without any passion , something is wrong and a coach is - if not - PART of the problem surely is the one who should try to fix it and understand what's going on.
The year is long , we can turn this thing to our benefit.
Next year yes we need - in my opinion - some changes in key positions on the field, but we need to learn to play with what we have. And considering our performances up until now i think we can do much much better.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
When I criticized our preseason some experts here were stating that those performances weren't real indicator of our abilities. Results weren't important but what could we all see even back then was practically the same approach to the game, lack of ideas, dull play and unfortunately we are seeing it all now.
We're so easy to defend against it physically hurts my eyes to see.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I don't know what to say, but do people seriously think 4-3-3 will stop Buffon and Bonucci act like clowns?

He should kick the players in the balls for today, they fucked up everything, FFS we had 4-5 chances to make it 3-0 instead we started to play like pussies.

Jun 14, 2011
The board didn't bring him a winger? I feel Marrotta offered Conte one or two, not world class surely bur decent players.
But Conte's idea was to stick to 3-5-2 so he preferred saving Islas to buying some not top-class wingers.
He must have known that those tactics would never bring any success in Europe and took it for granted, just hoping for Tevez to get us 3rd consecutive scudetto. He has to learn but his stubbornness kill it in him.
Conte needs at last to realize that he can't make a real team just using centre defs and centre mids playing out of the positions.
This team is not able of playing 4-3-3 but 4-3-1-2 is worth trying and suits the players the best. Play Peluso on the left till we get a proper left back, move Asa to the centre midfield to cover for Pirlo, try Pogba or Giovinco behind the strikers. Tha's what he must start from.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I don't know what to say, but do people seriously think 4-3-3 will stop Buffon and Bonucci act like clowns?

He should kick the players in the balls for today, they fucked up everything, FFS we had 4-5 chances to make it 3-0 instead we started to play like pussies.
The problem is far, far bigger than the formation as of now, unfortunately for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 202)