Antonio Conte (44 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You keep missing the point. How can he not be tactically stubborn if certain needs that he required in the summer weren't met. Now Conte has said time and time again how Pepe is the only player currently available to him to allow him to play a different formation, since we don't have him Conte is forced to be limited.
I am not missing the point. That is rich coming from you. Pepe isn't the only option. Perhaps he can try a 4-3-2-1 with Gio and Tevez behind Llorente. He could also possibly revert to a back 4. It doesn't have to be 3-5-2 or 4-3-3. It is the coach's job to adjust and adapt (Pepe is useful, but using him as an excuse when he is just a bench option and clearly nothing more than a decent squad player is pathetic). Moreover, the 3 man defense isn't really excelling at present, so perhaps going for 2 at the back isn't such a bad idea.

May 22, 2007
I don't think he has it in him to carry this team any further. He has serious limitations, and I honestly don't know if he is ever going to develop a suitable game for Europe. Currently, we are even struggling and lumbering towards results in Serie A.

I feel he is very stubborn, rigid, and lacking in flexibility. He is starting to remind me of Capello, and that isn't a good thing.
Any more adjectives? You haven't really explained any of the real problems out there, which are how this team is concentrating in a football match. It's the basics of football that are allowing teams like Fiorentina and Milan to have a sniff at Juve when they are outplayed for most of the match. Bonucci making clumsy passes back to his goalkeeper/Buffon passing the ball to the opposition just outside of the penalty area/Buffon spilling shots to the striker right in front of him aren't down to Conte, the team was set up and should have cruised that game. These players are letting the club down.

- - - Updated - - -

ASa didnt create shit holy. he created their goal
Short memory, he blasted one a kilometre over the goal and another straight at at Neto.

Jul 20, 2012
Any more adjectives? You haven't really explained any of the real problems out there, which are how this team is concentrating in a football match. It's the basics of football that are allowing teams like Fiorentina and Milan to have a sniff at Juve when they are outplayed for most of the match. Bonucci making clumsy passes back to his goalkeeper/Buffon passing the ball to the opposition just outside of the penalty area/Buffon spilling shots to the striker right in front of him aren't down to Conte, the team was set up and should have cruised that game. These players are letting the club down.

- - - Updated - - -

Short memory, he blasted one a kilometre over the goal and another straight at at Neto.
That didnt contribute to the scoreline or to our performance. He was terrible overall

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I am not missing the point. That is rich coming from you. Pepe isn't the only option. Perhaps he can try a 4-3-2-1 with Gio and Tevez behind Llorente. He could also possibly revert to a back 4. It doesn't have to be 3-5-2 or 4-3-3. It is the coach's job to adjust and adapt (Pepe is useful, but using him as an excuse when he is just a bench option and clearly nothing more than a decent squad player). Moreover, the 3 man defense isn't really excelling at present, so perhaps going for 2 at the back isn't such a bad idea.
yeah play a back 4 without either a natural or capable left back? again goes along with what i've been saying about not buying the right sort of players to allow tactical changes.

ultimately you can blame the 3 man defence system all you like, fiorentina beat us with it and unlike us have players available to mix it up, Joaquin proved that today.

May 22, 2007
"I think the game was practically closed. We were in control in every way, even in the second half and had some more great chances to add to our tally,

"Then something strange and unthinkable happened. We lost a match that we had been dominating.

"How do we explain it? An explanation would be easy! In 10 minutes we destroyed all the hard work, both during and before the game. We managed to allow Fiorentina back into it and concede odd goals.

"This is football. We have to take these 10 nightmare minutes and learn from them. I continue to say this year will be very, very difficult.

"In these 10 minutes we did everything to help Fiorentina get back into the match, more than they had been at any stage. There are huge regrets."
Conte

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Get your head out of your fucking ass. Try something different when its not working, and I dont mean something different as in putting the fucking goat on the pitch.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
This is his true test of abilities now

This next fortnight will be crucial.

In saying that, the LB/LWB situation should have been sorted in the summer, but we jerked around waiting on Zuniga, not exactly Conte's fault.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
yeah play a back 4 without either a natural or capable left back? again goes along with what i've been saying about not buying the right sort of players to allow tactical changes.

ultimately you can blame the 3 man defence system all you like, fiorentina beat us with it and unlike us have players available to mix it up, Joaquin proved that today.
Alright. So let me get this straight. Conte isn't to blame at all, and the fault solely lies with the players and Marotta right?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This is his true test of abilities now

This next fortnight will be crucial.

In saying that, the LB/LWB situation should have been sorted in the summer, but we jerked around waiting on Zuniga, not exactly Conte's fault.
We've been hearing this since the first game. We have looked horrible from the beginning this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)