Antonio Conte (162 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
This team is currently having a bit of an identity crisis, and Conte shouldn't be the one carrying the blame entirely. The 352, as much as I fault it for not being fluid and fast enough, is not why we are suffering at this moment in time. Look at the turning points in the game today. None of them were related to tactics, when compared to mindividual errors. Asamoah, Buffon for 3 of those 4 goals, by which time the match was over. The coach can train you to play like a team, he can teach you organization, help you understand your role on the pitch, but he cannot go out there and play for you to ensure you don't make mistakes. We even went looking for the 3rd goal tonight, but it didn't come, by which time the penalty swung momentum in their favor. While there is definitely a psychological problem that Conte needs to understand, I think from this point on, if he tries to micromanage player errors, it won't help the cause, but instead put pressure on them. He needs to maybe give them more time to introspect. All that said, this loss was a long time coming. I would say it came at a time when we could afford it, and also charge us up, with utmost concentration for one of the biggest games in our season. Let's see how this team reacts. If we can use this anger positively or if we collapse like a house of cards, because of the arrogance and uncertainty that has crept into some personnel on the team.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think this loss is only just a taste of things to come.
I agree with this. We will have a terrible season if you look at the expectations we all had a few weeks ago. Im adjusting my expectations to dimply making the chl, bar some unforeseen cash splashing in January and some tactical rennaisance from Conte.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think this loss is only just a taste of things to come.
3rd place in the league. QF CL or Europa. I'd tend to agree. Normally, when the team goes through a psychological problem, it's very hard to reverse that in the course of the season. It's the hardest thing to reverse. The scudetto is out of the question IMO. We probably have a better shot at the CL, coz we are hungry in that competition, even though we won't win it.

Jul 20, 2012
3rd place in the league. QF CL or Europa. I'd tend to agree. Normally, when the team goes through a psychological problem, it's very hard to reverse that in the course of the season. It's the hardest thing to reverse. The scudetto is out of the question IMO. We probably have a better shot at the CL, coz we are hungry in that competition, even though we won't win it.
how are we hungry in the cl? lol we are doing worse in the cl then in serie a

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We haven't shown anything special in Europe neither. I very much doubt we'll qualify from the Group Stages.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Too early to tell that. Only 8 games into the season and things can still turn around, but are we favorites? I don't think so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 149)