Antonio Conte (178 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Did I claim fact? I just asked for the bs of he left for transfers to stop. Also when I said, he left for the national team I did reference my source and to further it mark even chimed in a day later agreeing. Now forum rules also sayids you shouldn't insult but you did above, did you not nazionale etc.

how do you know it's bs? and your natsionale theory is referenced to whom? your cousin or some italian rumor site we all visit?

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
how do you know it's bs? and your natsionale theory is referenced to whom? your cousin or some italian rumor site we all visit?
Once again your being a pompous ass. Talking about the national team, my cousin, sites, and even the FIGC and players have all been talking about it. The only place that spoke of transfer issues was too Shaat sites and then it disappeared, just like the milan contract noise

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that's accurate

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Yes, if he thought that staying at Juve would destroy his reputation as a top coach even further than what happened last year then he should stay because loyalty is more important than his own career. If the board decided to sell all his key players and hire midgets in their stead then he should still stay because he is a juventus slave and should only obey his masters.
This is a bit more specific that just his reputation, it's about being in control of his reputation. Conte wanted control over the transfer policy, he lost the battle. Last summer he wanted players of different characteristics, he didn't get them; it ended up being Conte being unable to deliver any kind of european success with EL or CL, he took responsibility for last year's European failure. Same thing happens this transfer window, Conte didn't get the players he wanted so he didn't want to take the risk again. He didn't believe he could deliver in Europe under Marotta's circumstances, if somebody else can then somebody else should, Conte walked away. If Allegri can, then Conte made the right move in walking away.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He took the blame on himself? I dont remember he ever did tbh, but instead complained about lack of money. And what kind of players did he prefer last summer?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This is a bit more specific that just his reputation, it's about being in control of his reputation. Conte wanted control over the transfer policy, he lost the battle. Last summer he wanted players of different characteristics, he didn't get them; it ended up being Conte being unable to deliver any kind of european success with EL or CL, he took responsibility for last year's European failure. Same thing happens this transfer window, so Conte didn't want to take the risk again. He didn't believe he could deliver in Europe under Marotta's circumstances, if somebody else can then somebody else should, Conte walked away. If Allegri can, then Conte made the right move in walking away.

well put :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bit more specific that just his reputation, it's about being in control of his reputation. Conte wanted control over the transfer policy, he lost the battle. Last summer he wanted players of different characteristics, he didn't get them; it ended up being Conte being unable to deliver any kind of european success with EL or CL, he took responsibility for last year's European failure. Same thing happens this transfer window, so Conte didn't want to take the risk again. He didn't believe he could deliver in Europe under Marotta's circumstances, if somebody else can then somebody else should, Conte walked away. If Allegri can, then Conte made the right move in walking away.

well put :tup:

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
Yes, if he thought that staying at Juve would destroy his reputation as a top coach even further than what happened last year then he should stay because loyalty is more important than his own career. If the board decided to sell all his key players and hire midgets in their stead then he should still stay because he is a juventus slave and should only obey his masters.

This is the same stupid anger that was directed at Cannavaro for leaving us in 2006. What a traitor... how dare he not want to play in Serie B during the peak of his career.
Selling his best players and replacing them with midget? As far as we're concerned, nobody here is sold/being sold. Or you're gonna believe the bullshits from the Daily Mail that claim the "imminent" Vidal transfer to Utd and Chelsea getting Pogba without any opposition? :lol: Even the day after the resignation, Marotta repeated that these players are not for sale at all and also that there is no current dealing with those clubs (and we rejected a Man Utd approach 3 weeks ago), although the resignation of Conte could affect it. You act like if the sale (???) of these players forced Conte to leave, while it could actually be the other way around, how ironic. :lol:

The reason some people are angry to him is just the timing of this (still ridiculous, cause there are not better choices to win than Juve actually, a club where everybody always appreciated/loved him) decision.

It's not like in May the club claimed to be in the money and that we could spend the fuck we wanted.

He took the lust to decide, with his arrogance and ego, to leave in a period where, he knew, left everybody in trouble, from the club to the fans, that, to add a detail, always appreciated and complimented him. With the season beginning, and I repeat, it's an unicum in history.

If someone pretends that it's obligatory to close our eyes and hail the arrogant Conte more than Juve, well, it's a funny pretention, for who supports Juve. Everybody can make his own choices, I'm not gonna jump at those who still love Conte, not everybody can put aside 3 years in a moment, but those who are criticizing him, can't be blamed at all.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
If it turns out Conte left us to go coach the NT, I hope Italy fails to qualify for the Euro's. Better yet, I hope they lose every single game in the qualifiers.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

See, I've taken his departure like a man!

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
"Conte wanted to leave in May but the board convinced him to stay, and said that after holidays he would have again the energy to continue. He said "ok" but after he came back from holidays he simply didn't have the energy to continue." - Nedved

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This is a bit more specific that just his reputation, it's about being in control of his reputation. Conte wanted control over the transfer policy, he lost the battle. Last summer he wanted players of different characteristics, he didn't get them; it ended up being Conte being unable to deliver any kind of european success with EL or CL, he took responsibility for last year's European failure. Same thing happens this transfer window, Conte didn't get the players he wanted so he didn't want to take the risk again. He didn't believe he could deliver in Europe under Marotta's circumstances, if somebody else can then somebody else should, Conte walked away. If Allegri can, then Conte made the right move in walking away.
Sorry, what ?

Conte got a significantly improved team compared to the year before. The results were down to circumstances and bad luck, but absolutely NOT to the team he got.

If marotta would have sold vidal and pogba, and didnt add llorente tevez, then he could get this excuse. But getting better players and delivering worse result ??

Conte had the players to do better and he didnt. He cited excuses and i accept them. He should NOT demand even better players. He should FIRST get the result he was supposed to get last year, and THEN ask for better players.

Cause right now its like "so uhm, here is Robben. Fuck it, my results are worse, Give me Messi goddammit"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 162)