Anti-Thuram (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I wouldn't hate any1 if they were to leave or cry my hearts out when they leave. If it is their decision, I can respect that. After all they have to leave under forced circumstances. Shouldn't we look towards the future instead of directing hate to a certain player?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
this whole anti someone situation is ridiculous. these are professional footballers who most of the time will go for better pay and playingconditions. there are your del pieros and tottis, but there are much more thurams, zambrottas and cannavaros. get over it. sure, im really pissed about everyone walking away, but only because the team is weakening, but what right do i or any of you have to be mad at the players.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
To be honest he did us a favour by his decisison to leave...his sallary was 5 mil Euros/year and , one of the largest in Juve.

So no more Thuram and we have +5mil Euros per year.

Thuram wishing you the best in Barca,and help your team to kick capello's and his mercenaries arses.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Fliakis said:
this whole anti someone situation is ridiculous. these are professional footballers who most of the time will go for better pay and playingconditions. there are your del pieros and tottis, but there are much more thurams, zambrottas and cannavaros. get over it. sure, im really pissed about everyone walking away, but only because the team is weakening, but what right do i or any of you have to be mad at the players.
exactly!

It hurts me to see all these great players leaving. But we can't blame them for leaving. If someone is to blame here, it's probably Luciano Moggi

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Why are there no anti Zambrotta or anti Cannavaro threads on here? After all they are no more with Juventus as we are led to believe? All this rubbish about Thuram being a mercenary and all of that. I demand proof of his mercenarying ways . I want to know what he was earning per week at Juventus compared to the highest earners and what demands he made to make people start calling him a mercenary

OP
SiccSense

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #146
    denco said:
    Why are there no anti Zambrotta or anti Cannavaro threads on here? After all they are no more with Juventus as we are led to believe? All this rubbish about Thuram being a mercenary and all of that. I demand proof of his mercenarying ways . I want to know what he was earning per week at Juventus compared to the highest earners and what demands he made to make people start calling him a mercenary
    Top Serie A annual salaries

1. Totti - 5.8MM Euros
    2. Buffon - 5MM
    - Del Piero
    - Nedved
    - Thuram
    - Trezeguet
    - Vieira
    8. Shevchenko - 4.7MM
    9. Rui Costa - 4.6MM
    10. F. Cannavaro - 4.5MM
    - Emerson
    - Adriano
    - Nesta
    - Pippo Inzaghi
    15. Kaka - 4MM
    - Maldini
    - Roberto Mancini
    - Samuel
    - Veron
    20. Montella - 3.8MM
    - Recoba
    22. Fabio Capello - 3.5MM
    - Figo
    - Pirlo
    - Seedorf
    - Stam
    - Toldo
    - Vieri
    29. Cassano - 3.2MM
    - Gilardino
    31. Kaladze - 3MM
    32. Carlo Ancelotti - 2.8MM
    - Dida
    - Ibrahimovic

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    SiccSense said:
    Top Serie A annual salaries

1. Totti - 5.8MM Euros
    2. Buffon - 5MM
    - Del Piero
    - Nedved
    - Thuram
    - Trezeguet
    - Vieira
    8. Shevchenko - 4.7MM
    9. Rui Costa - 4.6MM
    10. F. Cannavaro - 4.5MM
    - Emerson
    - Adriano
    - Nesta
    - Pippo Inzaghi
    15. Kaka - 4MM
    - Maldini
    - Roberto Mancini
    - Samuel
    - Veron
    20. Montella - 3.8MM
    - Recoba
    22. Fabio Capello - 3.5MM
    - Figo
    - Pirlo
    - Seedorf
    - Stam
    - Toldo
    - Vieri
    29. Cassano - 3.2MM
    - Gilardino
    31. Kaladze - 3MM
    32. Carlo Ancelotti - 2.8MM
    - Dida
    - Ibrahimovic
    Thuram 5
    Cannavaro 4.5
    Emerson 4.5
    Capello 3.5

That's €17.5m/year saved. If we sell

Trezeguet 5
    Vieira 5
    Ibrahimovic 2.8

we save another €12.8m/year.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    If 6 people at Juve are on 5m like you have put on here, why is Thuram singled out as a mercenary? I am sure Barcelona were asked to pay him 8m euros, after all they are European champs and he is a mercenary

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
    Martin said:
    Thuram 5
    Cannavaro 4.5
    Emerson 4.5
    Capello 3.5

That's €17.5m/year saved. If we sell

Trezeguet 5
    Vieira 5
    Ibrahimovic 2.8

we save another €12.8m/year.
    I believe the wages showed here are after the tax. which means Juve would save more than that €17.5mx2 maybe

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Geof said:
    exactly!

It hurts me to see all these great players leaving. But we can't blame them for leaving. If someone is to blame here, it's probably Luciano Moggi
    I would probably let this issue go aside as Juventus has more problems to tackle. It is human nature to find a scapegoat to blame. TBH I wouldn't hate Moggi for what he has done even though he is clearly in the wrong. By now we should be prepared looking towards the future already instead of pointing fingers

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Fliakis said:
    im as much anti thuram as im anti zambrotta. the latter said that he wont play for juve in b as soon as there were talks about us getting relegated. how is he better than thuram, how was he more worthy of the armband?
    Simple... Zambrotta has been a player at Juventus for much longer and was "the next in line."

And I think you're confusing media reports on Zambrotta; they were two stories of different nature.

xchloe007x

Jan 31, 2006
    exactly its all about money, i know hockey is not as glamorous as football, but i play professional field hockey for my home city, and we recently got relegated, but i like many of us have decided to stay on and get ourselves back on track, we too also lost our manager at the start of last season, joining a rival club, stealing our best players, and leaving the club captain to lead us, who is like our del piero in my eyes, the fact that if u love the club that badly, u wud make the sacrifice like i have for my hockey club, or like buffon and the other loyals have made.

The only reason Buffon is staying is because the Milan deal is a no go anymore so he and his agent knew there was a low chance of him leaving to a preferable team, atleast in Italy...

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
    denco said:
    If 6 people at Juve are on 5m like you have put on here, why is Thuram singled out as a mercenary? I am sure Barcelona were asked to pay him 8m euros, after all they are European champs and he is a mercenary
    Barcelona is a very mean club. Not even ronaldinho wins 8m euros. And I don't think they offered him more than what they payed for him to the Club (4m euros)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    denco said:
    I'm all for starting them !!:D

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Andy said:
    Simple... Zambrotta has been a player at Juventus for much longer and was "the next in line."

And I think you're confusing media reports on Zambrotta; they were two stories of different nature.
    captaincy is not abt being longer in the club, its abt leadership, and being level headed when ppl around u aren't being that, as well as being respected by ur peers.

Anyway u cant label thuram as a mercenery, simply becuz he was the vice captain and left.

xchloe007x

Jan 31, 2006
    captaincy is not abt being longer in the club, its abt leadership, and being level headed when ppl around u aren't being that, as well as being respected by ur peers.

Anyway u cant label thuram as a mercenery, simply becuz he was the vice captain and left.
    true but respect doesn't come until you've been at the club for a decent amount of time, so it does indeed play a role in picking a captain, look at Pessotto Del Piero and Nedved all have been at the club a great deal of time, your not gonna have say Carles Puyol join Juventus and just because he has great leadership and respect among players doesnt mean he's immediatly going to be a sub-captain of the squad... time does play a factor...

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    xchloe007x said:
    true but respect doesn't come until you've been at the club for a decent amount of time, so it does indeed play a role in picking a captain, look at Pessotto Del Piero and Nedved all have been at the club a great deal of time, your not gonna have say Carles Puyol join Juventus and just because he has great leadership and respect among players doesnt mean he's immediatly going to be a sub-captain of the squad... time does play a factor...
    wat if paolo maldini joined the club , wouldnt he earn respect insistantly ? am not comparing thuram to maldini, but although time at the club helps but its not the entire case here.

neddy spent the same time in the club as thuram did.

am not saying that a new comer with a big personality would become vice captain, but am saying personality goes a longer way than time at the club. Thuram was not a new comer by the way.

just look at captains like alex when ferrara was playing, ferdinand(for a little while) while the likes of giggs and scholes.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    imo thuram never really had all those characteristics to be captain, something seemed to miss, he wasnt emotionally as active as some other players, like take a look at terry in chelsea, always encouraging his teammates. thuram seemed a bit demure sometimes. yes obviously i remember him giving notes to his teammates in the setpieces defending, but still he didnt seem that active.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Thuram never had the real characteristics of a captain. He never showed any real emotion on the pitch, rarely celebrated with the team as a whole, and was never even close to being the most vocal player on the pitch.

Some posters here are saying that Thuram leads by example...well you know what, so does Zambrotta. He always gave 100% and no matter what anybody says of course it matters how long a player is at a club before giving him the captaincy. It's a matter of how much he has given to Juventus, and Gianluca has obviously given more to the team because afterall he was a player for years longer.

But if you do not want to give the captaincy to Zambrotta, why not give it to Nedved, a player who always gives 100% and is as influential as anybody? That choice would make much more sense than handing it to Thuram. Hell, even Buffon showed more emotion than Thuram over the years and was of course more vocal. It just boggles my mind why Capello would appoint Thuram as captain, but as Paul has said before it was just Crap's motion to insert his authority over the team and show everybody who's boss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)