Anti-Thuram (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Andy said:
Thuram never had the real characteristics of a captain. He never showed any real emotion on the pitch, rarely celebrated with the team as a whole, and was never even close to being the most vocal player on the pitch.

Some posters here are saying that Thuram leads by example...well you know what, so does Zambrotta. He always gave 100% and no matter what anybody says of course it matters how long a player is at a club before giving him the captaincy. It's a matter of how much he has given to Juventus, and Gianluca has obviously given more to the team because afterall he was a player for years longer.

But if you do not want to give the captaincy to Zambrotta, why not give it to Nedved, a player who always gives 100% and is as influential as anybody? That choice would make much more sense than handing it to Thuram. Hell, even Buffon showed more emotion than Thuram over the years and was of course more vocal. It just boggles my mind why Capello would appoint Thuram as captain, but as Paul has said before it was just Crap's motion to insert his authority over the team and show everybody who's boss.
Agreed!!!Thuram was wearing that captain band as the needleess pack.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But I don't fault Thuram for getting the captain's armband, which I agree he did not deserve over the likes of Zambrotta. That blame, IMO, lies with Capello.

Thuram and Canna are in the twilight of their eligible years of starting for a CL-contending squad. Europe is so far off for Juve these days, that I can understand where they might be coming from (though I certainly don't like it).

Contrast with Zambro, who has been my favorite Juve player over the past few years. He's 29 with more quality years to go -- and he still skipped town. You could argue that he's worthy of more criticism than the others.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
swag said:
But I don't fault Thuram for getting the captain's armband, which I agree he did not deserve over the likes of Zambrotta. That blame, IMO, lies with Capello.
Thuram and Canna are in the twilight of their eligible years of starting for a CL-contending squad. Europe is so far off for Juve these days, that I can understand where they might be coming from (though I certainly don't like it).

Contrast with Zambro, who has been my favorite Juve player over the past few years. He's 29 with more quality years to go -- and he still skipped town. You could argue that he's worthy of more criticism than the others.
Totally true,I blame Capello for that.

While we are talking about Zambro,I agree with you,and I want to add that from all the players thet left us,Zambro is the most useful for the squad.If we manage to participate in Serie A,next season,we would miss him the most.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
swag said:

i have to agree with zambro part, many fans thought he might be our captain in future and he always has seemed like a loyal player and now such a u-turn. i know everyone seems to say, well he was with us many years, he wanted a new move bla bla and we have balza now and bla bla, but still, the fact that he seemed interested of moving to barca already for some time after world cup wasnt nice at all imo. are all players thinking only about money these days? a player who was with juve 7 years just leaves and doesnt even care about what happens with club? he still could have played 5-6 years as a starter.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A couple people have labelled me and others racists in another thread just because we are not fans of Lilian Thuram. So just because I do not like Thuram and call him out time after time for his lack of leadership skills and the like, I'm a dispicable classless racist who has demonstrated his true disgusting colors several times on this forum...sorry, but no. Give me a fucking break.

This has nothing to do with skin color or nationality or whatever other supposed secondary agenda you think I have. If you believe I'm such a racist, then provide us with proper evidence or tie your fat little fingers together. I have never heard such a ludicrous claim in my life and it bugs me to have to explain myself over and over and over again because we have already been through it several times before. Anybody who has even remotely payed attention to my posts over the years knows that I have always been critical of Thuram and questioned his appointment as vice captain from day one. If Camoranesi was given the armband I would have questioned it. If Cannavaro was handed the armband I would have question it. Don't give me that crap about racism because you make yourself look like a fool.

Then some are complaining that there are racist overtures in bashing Emerson while saying thank you to Cannavaro and Zambrotta. I'm sorry but Emerson has is and always will be a mercenary and his skin color has nothing to do with it. Cannavaro has turned into a Capello fanboy as well and recently posted some disgusting remarks on his personal website which were highlighted by Mark77. The only reason why Cannavaro has not been bashed is because he's a fan favorite and afterall he lifted the World Cup for 75% of the posters on this forum. Emerson is bashed rightly so because he doesn't give a shit about Juventus and is indeed a mercenary...too bad. If this forum is so laced with racism, why hasn't there been any complaints filed before? Or better yet.. .if you think there has been years worth of racism on this forum... why haven't you brought it up before yourself?

But in any case, I have always been critical of Thuram, so those trying to say I hate said player just because he's leaving are absolute fools. I have questioned his appointment as captain several times, his leadership ability, his fight for Juventus, commitment for Juventus, and other important matter for years now. A comment such as "Juventus who" only adds to my dislike for the player, whether he is joking or not.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Andy said:
A couple people have labelled me and others racists in another thread just because we are not fans of Lilian Thuram. So just because I do not like Thuram and call him out time after time for his lack of leadership skills and the like, I'm a dispicable classless racist who has demonstrated his true disgusting colors several times on this forum...sorry, but no. Give me a fucking break.

This has nothing to do with skin color or nationality or whatever other supposed secondary agenda you think I have. If you believe I'm such a racist, then provide us with proper evidence or tie your fat little fingers together. I have never heard such a ludicrous claim in my life and it bugs me to have to explain myself over and over and over again because we have already been through it several times before. Anybody who has even remotely payed attention to my posts over the years knows that I have always been critical of Thuram and questioned his appointment as vice captain from day one. If Camoranesi was given the armband I would have questioned it. If Cannavaro was handed the armband I would have question it. Don't give me that crap about racism because you make yourself look like a fool.

Then some are complaining that there are racist overtures in bashing Emerson while saying thank you to Cannavaro and Zambrotta. I'm sorry but Emerson has is and always will be a mercenary and his skin color has nothing to do with it. Cannavaro has turned into a Capello fanboy as well and recently posted some disgusting remarks on his personal website which were highlighted by Mark77. The only reason why Cannavaro has not been bashed is because he's a fan favorite and afterall he lifted the World Cup for 75% of the posters on this forum. Emerson is bashed rightly so because he doesn't give a shit about Juventus and is indeed a mercenary...too bad. If this forum is so laced with racism, why hasn't there been any complaints filed before? Or better yet.. .if you think there has been years worth of racism on this forum... why haven't you brought it up before yourself?

But in any case, I have always been critical of Thuram, so those trying to say I hate said player just because he's leaving are absolute fools. I have questioned his appointment as captain several times, his leadership ability, his fight for Juventus, commitment for Juventus, and other important matter for years now. A comment such as "Juventus who" only adds to my dislike for the player, whether he is joking or not.

well u cant be racist cuz u still got the likes of kapo to cheer on next season :)

Sep 1, 2002
Andy said:
Thuram never had the real characteristics of a captain. He never showed any real emotion on the pitch, rarely celebrated with the team as a whole, and was never even close to being the most vocal player on the pitch.

Some posters here are saying that Thuram leads by example...well you know what, so does Zambrotta. He always gave 100% and no matter what anybody says of course it matters how long a player is at a club before giving him the captaincy. It's a matter of how much he has given to Juventus, and Gianluca has obviously given more to the team because afterall he was a player for years longer.

But if you do not want to give the captaincy to Zambrotta, why not give it to Nedved, a player who always gives 100% and is as influential as anybody? That choice would make much more sense than handing it to Thuram. Hell, even Buffon showed more emotion than Thuram over the years and was of course more vocal. It just boggles my mind why Capello would appoint Thuram as captain, but as Paul has said before it was just Crap's motion to insert his "authority over the team and show everybody who's boss.
Because Thuram was respected by his team-mates as being one of the best players in the world- in his position- that's why he was a fine and successful captain. Captaincy isn't just about shouting, screaming "Come on lads", and punching the air. Thuram was an intelligent and calculating organiser on the field: when others lost their heads he maintain order and drive: for god sake, he was a great player for us, and this thread is simply obnoxious, set-up by god-knows-who, to let out their own personal dislike of a fine and honest "Juventus player". Why it was't closed, as mine was after only one reply, "boggles" the mind of reasonable people.

I want to know just who wants to show on this site: "authority over the team and show everybody who's boss"?

Jan 24, 2004
bianconero said:
Because Thuram was respected by his team-mates as being one of the best players in the world- in his position- that's why he was a fine and successful captain. Captaincy isn't just about shouting, screaming "Come on lads", and punching the air. Thuram was an intelligent and calculating organiser on the field: when others lost their heads he maintain order and drive: for god sake, he was a great player for us, and this thread is simply obnoxious, set-up by god-knows-who, to let out their own personal dislike of a fine and honest "Juventus player". Why it was't closed, as mine was after only one reply, "boggles" the mind of reasonable people.

I want to know just who wants to show on this site: "authority over the team and show everybody who's boss"?
agree. what is this thread about? Thuram was and is a very good player. He did a lot for us, together with Cannavaro. Both left us, but bashing one player for leaving while wishing good luck to the other is ***. Is Cannavaro more beloved because he lift the WC trophy and Thuram asked "Juve, who?"? Ridiculous. Both were heros of our team and we all cheered for them and were proud to have them in our team. The first one, Cannavaro, said during the WC that he might stay with Juve in B. He won't. The other, Thuram, signalised that he won't go down in B. He won't, too. So where is the problem? Money or sportive ambitions were stronger than the loyality to the club. And this time, it is not Juve who could provide the money or the sportive objectives on the pitch.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
i dont understand why does this thread exist
is it because he left the club?
or because some didnt see him as the captain?

either way its not a erason to be anti-thuram
he served the team well and he got alot of resons to leave.. as for the captain , it was capello's decision
plus he wasnt bad as a captain.
we got alot of players with leadership qualities, so even if zambrotta ( canna, boffon, emerson, viera, nedved or DP ) was tha captain somebody will say that there is another more competant

im not happy with his decesion but i wont hate him for it

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
u cant give the captaincy to neddy, simply becuz he loses his head many times.The captain needs to be a level headed guy and thuram is less of a hot head.

I dont think that a keeper should be given the captaincy, unless he is a huge senior player and gigi isnt. The captain needs to be in constant interaction with the players.

i always thought that thuram showed both emotions for the team, and leadership skills on the field.

Time at the club is not everything, why wasnt ciro ferrara captain ? same goes in milan with costacorta and maldini?

leadership is very important, and thuram showed plenty of it during his time.

grazie Lillian for everything

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Andy said:

Forget the couple of people shit, i said it. Me, i am not intimidated by you or any other mother fooker on this forum. How you can be a moderator and start a thread anti ex juve or present juve is beyond me. I thought it was against the rules to start such a thread but with Thuram and players like him, its seems its acceptable. Anyone who says race has nothing to do with this is either an idiot or one o those people who get so uncomfortable dealing with race issues. i got no problem at all with it. What total rubbish to suggest cannavaro was spared because he just lifted the world cup and 75% are happy about him. Yes Emerson follows Capello wherever he goes but in his 2 years at the club did we not win the championship and did he not play a big part. But he has to be ridiculed because he is not the white Italian stallion and of cos with idiots like that, they wanna hide behind other reasons aside from the real motive which is clearly race. How many times on here have i seen the likes of Davids, thuram and co been called mercenaries cos they want a pay rise compared to what others are getting? what proof doyou have of Thuram being a mercenary ? So what if he does not show emotion , since when does that prove he does not care?
Players can be disliked irrespective of skin colour and i got no probs with that , its when threads are being started slating them left right and centre , thats when i have huge probs.
I mean people are giving props to Pessotto but he commited a very cowardly act and absolutely no way would i give him any props as i find trying to commit suicide beyond contempt as should everyone but you dont see me going there and belittling him or starting a thread criticising his actions.
If you are not a racist why do you feel the need to defend yourself if you have been accused in the past.
Fact is I have seen some of your posts where you have ripped apart the English, sometimes masquerading as a joke. You have problems with more African sides in world cup and you wonder why some people wonder about you.
Whateve the case you had absolutely no right or justification for starting a thread quite as disgusting as this
By the way there has been anti Trez thread in the past but no there are no racists on here

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
thsi is degenerating fast,i feel thuram showed a lack of class in teh way he set about leaving, but i will never forget his contibution on the pitch, same goes for cannavaro, emerson and zambrotta.
this thread however has a total lack of class about it and it is only going to cause disagreements

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I was shocked to see the title of this thread! This is the kind of treatment he gets after what he did for Juve without ever complaining! Everyone is entitled to their opinions and this site has always advocated respect to all our players. So some players are worthy of Ciao & thank you while others get this kind of treatment. This is ridiculous. Is there any reasonable explanation for this?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Bozi.78 said:
thsi is degenerating fast,i feel thuram showed a lack of class in teh way he set about leaving, but i will never forget his contibution on the pitch, same goes for cannavaro, emerson and zambrotta.
this thread however has a total lack of class about it and it is only going to cause disagreements
Thuram stated the truth about leaving. That is class.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Andy said:
Why does being vocal necessarily be an ingredient for a good captain? Is Del Piero vocal? And different is Zambrotta to Thuram? I watched most Juve matches for the past 4 seasons and I remember Thuram celebrating with the team frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)