Anti-Thuram (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
its not about leaving.its about atleast showing SOME respect towards your club.cannvaro and zambrotta will surely leave,but you dont see the 'i dont want to play with a serie B club,im too good for that' vibe coming from them.thuram can leave,and he has every right to do so,but his attitude has been pretty cold towards juventus ever since the verdict was announced imo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think bianconero is right about this one. We can't make judgement until we see where people truly wind up.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
SiccSense said:
Playing football is a job, not a respective players personal trophy hunt, they get rewarded handsomely with their wages. There is something called loyalty aswell, Totti had a chance to move any number of clubs during his career but has stuck at Roma even though their is little chance of him winning "trophies".
Yes you remain loyal to a club as long as they conduct themselves well. Juventus have not, it does not matter if others were doing the same thing, we are a bad bad club, real bad. Anyways all crap aside, what has Totti got to do with it? Totti is paid handsomely to play for his hometown club, treated as a king no matter what he does and he knows that deep down he won't be as good if he goes somewhere else, won't get as much reverence anyways so why should he leave? If you are gonna give examples, think before you spout out stuff. Loyalty is not the issue right now , its how much you love the club as we do not deserve loyalty. Personally, I know if i was in the players' shoes, unless i knew Moggi was manipulating results when it was actually happening, then no way would i stay otherwise i will just be a hypocrite for leaving. All those saying its what Thuram said and not his wanting to leave, all i gotta ask you is , did you conduct the interview with him? If not how do you know he used the exact words he is alleged to have used and in what context

OP
SiccSense

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #45
    denco said:
    Yes you remain loyal to a club as long as they conduct themselves well. Juventus have not, it does not matter if others were doing the same thing, we are a bad bad club, real bad. Anyways all crap aside, what has Totti got to do with it? Totti is paid handsomely to play for his hometown club, treated as a king no matter what he does and he knows that deep down he won't be as good if he goes somewhere else, won't get as much reverence anyways so why should he leave? If you are gonna give examples, think before you spout out stuff. Loyalty is not the issue right now , its how much you love the club as we do not deserve loyalty. Personally, I know if i was in the players' shoes, unless i knew Moggi was manipulating results when it was actually happening, then no way would i stay otherwise i will just be a hypocrite for leaving. All those saying its what Thuram said and not his wanting to leave, all i gotta ask you is , did you conduct the interview with him? If not how do you know he used the exact words he is alleged to have used and in what context
    Juventus didn't have control over Moggi's actions, so how you came to the conclusion that the club conducted themselves in such a poor manner, is up for debate. Like i stated earlier, playing football at the highest level is a job not a leisure activity and they get rewarded handsomely. They should have some degree of loyalty to their employers, after all it is a job not a players personal trophy hunt.

OP
    SiccSense

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #46
    denco said:
    ..."Totti knows deep down that he wouldn't be as good anywhere else?", you shouldn't make such sweeping statements, they make you sound foolish.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Make me sound foolish? Its only anyone who watched football with his eyes half shut and brain on reverse that thinks that because a player shines somewhere and is supposedly world class he will shine no matter where. I have always believed that Henry will not shine as brightly at another club so it did not surprise me he signed to remain at Arsenal. Like Totti , he knows almost anywhere else, he would not be the same player. At Roma, everything is revolved around Totti's skills, not so much Nt and thats why he si very different for Italy, fit or not fit.
    As for the other thing about job and loyalty,m you are just talking nonsense so I am not even going into that with you. Please everyone who loves this club is satisfied with putting Moggi out to dry so we are kinda blanketting ourselves against who else was involved. You think Moggi will just decide by himself to misbehave and nobody else at Juventus was privy to this? How is that possible? It is like saying Berlusconi and Galliani did not know what Meani was up to. Lets just leave is at that, its Moggi and noone else but don't air that shit in public, keep it to yourself

Jun 19, 2006
    SiccSense said:
    Juventus defender Lilian Thuram has stated he refuses to play in Serie B next season and would be happy with a move to Barcelona.

The 34-year-old France defender has been at the Stadio Delle Alpi for five seasons, but following the Bianconeri's punishment for match-fixing now feels ready to leave.

The Old Lady were relegated and received a 30-point deduction after being found guilty at the trial in Rome, and Thuram is one of a number of the club's stars now looking for new employers.

"There are really few possibilities I will play in Serie B next season," Thuram explained.

"For the moment I haven't discussed a lot with the club, but meanwhile I hope to find a club to remain in [Serie] A."

Last season's Serie A champions were stripped of their last two league titles following the verdict on Friday, and though an appeal has been launched, the vultures are already swooping for their talent.

Thuram himself has been linked with a move to the UEFA Champions League holders, and the veteran would be more than happy with a move to La Liga.

"We will see. Anyway should it be Barcelona this is a good destination," Thuram added.

Source: Skysports
    if he wants to go, then let him - but he will be sorry

OP
    SiccSense

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #49
    denco said:
    Make me sound foolish? Its only anyone who watched football with his eyes half shut and brain on reverse that thinks that because a player shines somewhere and is supposedly world class he will shine no matter where. I have always believed that Henry will not shine as brightly at another club so it did not surprise me he signed to remain at Arsenal. Like Totti , he knows almost anywhere else, he would not be the same player. At Roma, everything is revolved around Totti's skills, not so much Nt and thats why he si very different for Italy, fit or not fit.
    As for the other thing about job and loyalty,m you are just talking nonsense so I am not even going into that with you. Please everyone who loves this club is satisfied with putting Moggi out to dry so we are kinda blanketting ourselves against who else was involved. You think Moggi will just decide by himself to misbehave and nobody else at Juventus was privy to this? How is that possible? It is like saying Berlusconi and Galliani did not know what Meani was up to. Lets just leave is at that, its Moggi and noone else but don't air that shit in public, keep it to yourself
    You must be on the same special sauce that George Best was on, making such incoherent statements.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    I am really disappointed with the way he left Juve. He haven't said a word about juve, what he said was that he was happy with this transfer.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    SiccSense said:
    You must be on the same special sauce that George Best was on, making such incoherent statements.
    Okay then explain to me what you mean by loyalty and also expplain how that corelates to Juventus' case. Then tell me why you think Totti has stayed so long at Roma . If you think its down to just loyalty then you are not worth having a discussion with as it means you are dense.
    I want to know if you are old enough to work and if you are, and the head of your company has commited crimes which have meant your company are in big trouble financially. Would you stay because you have been there for 5 years in the name of loyalty or would you leave? Now bearing in mind that your kids and family are dependent on you, what exactly would you do? From what you demand of Thuram , you should stay at that company because you owe them your loyalty, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman of the board was caught doing insider trading or something just as bad. If you did leave , i hope there will be other people with brain cells like you have, criticising your decision for leaving.

OP
    SiccSense

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #54
    denco said:
    Okay then explain to me what you mean by loyalty and also expplain how that corelates to Juventus' case. Then tell me why you think Totti has stayed so long at Roma . If you think its down to just loyalty then you are not worth having a discussion with as it means you are dense.
    I want to know if you are old enough to work and if you are, and the head of your company has commited crimes which have meant your company are in big trouble financially. Would you stay because you have been there for 5 years in the name of loyalty or would you leave? Now bearing in mind that your kids and family are dependent on you, what exactly would you do? From what you demand of Thuram , you should stay at that company because you owe them your loyalty, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman of the board was caught doing insider trading or something just as bad. If you did leave , i hope there will be other people with brain cells like you have, criticising your decision for leaving.
    Did you know Totti refused a big deal from Milan when he was younger, waiting for a deal from his favourite team Roma?

"I could have moved elsewhere and I probably would have earned more money and won more trophies,"

"But being able to play for the team you love, in your city, in front of your own fans... well, that's priceless. I wouldn't trade that for anything."

Is Thuram really that hard up? im sure his family would survive on the thousands upon thousands he is paid every week. Thuram is nothing more then a donkey, he is off to the glue factory in the near future and will be remembered as a feeble coward, with no loyalty or pride.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I don't know how many people know this, however it is certainly worth pointing out.

During a post-match World Cup interview, Lilian Thuram was asked a question about Juventus, perhaps regarding the scandal, and our vice captain stated "Juventus who" as a response. This is coming from a player who earns high wages with Juventus and was the captain while Del Piero sat on the bench under the Capello regime.

I thought Thuram was a little more professional than this, but I suppose not. Then again, he never really demonstrated any of the qualities of a real captain. Get out of Juve.

marcusa

Dec 21, 2005
    What an a-hole! He should have more respect for Juve than that. I understand that he would be upset about losing the World Cup and the problems at Juve, but a real professional would find something good to say or say nothing at all.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    hummm... guys I dont want to be the devils advcate but, couldnt he meant with that that his mind was only in the NT and focus on the World Cup? and not maybe a insult to Juve?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)