Andrea Pirlo (101 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Post Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba was a disaster but Khedira was a good deal at first, it was always short term but look what happened when it became more than short term. Pjanic was also good but he deteriorated. These were signs that were also ignored.
W can agree it was still a downgrade though, there's a gap in quality between those 2 and what we had before. And then an even bigger gap between them and what we have now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Defense: MDL, Demiral, Frabotta, Dragusin
Mid: Rabiot, McKennie, Bentancur, Arthur, Fagioli
Attack: Morata, Chiesa, Kulusevski, Dybala

That's a young core.
Frabotta, Dragusin, Fagioli are part of the core of the team? Might as well ad Peeters, Di Pardo, ...
I wouldn't even consider Demiral, Kulu, McKennie & Rabiot the core of the team. But that would be up for debate, I guess.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Post Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba was a disaster but Khedira was a good deal at first, it was always short term but look what happened when it became more than short term. Pjanic was also good but he deteriorated. These were signs that were also ignored.
I think Pjanic was an amazing transfer. Sure, he had tendency to disappear sometimes, but his presence was great to have. His absence was/is greatly felt once he left -- which left our midfield rather clueless.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
W can agree it was still a downgrade though, there's a gap in quality between those 2 and what we had before. And then an even bigger gap between them and what we have now.
Obviously a downgrade. When it looked like a working solution I thought they would see that thee upgrade was needed and that it was working temporarily.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
I think Pjanic was an amazing transfer. Sure, he had tendency to disappear sometimes, but his presence was great to have. His absence was/is greatly felt once he left -- which left our midfield rather clueless.
That's because he was talented, could get the ball where he wanted it to go. We don't have that in our midfield anymore.

It's unfortunate he had those brain fart fuck ups and pedestrian moments or he could've been one of the best of his generation.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
That, in combination with players that didn't live up to the expectations is the reason we find ourselves where we are now.

Tbh I don't know what we were thinking. Yes, we had been lucky with free and/or cheap deals in the past but you can't keep expecting every one of those to turn out good.

But then our latest deals weren't even cheap salary wise they were just gambles.

You see, big clubs when they lose a top player they replace him with another top player. Since Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba there wasn't a single player brought in anywhere near that kind of talent. That alone shows we've been sloppy, overlooking one, if not the most important area of the pitch while "strengthening" our attack and defense. And even that could be argued, Chiesa and Kulu weren't proven players and Morata was yet another gamble that lucky for us worked out fine.

Bottom line is that those players (most of them anyway) have no place in a team that's been "built" around a legend of the game to win the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they haven't. They brought a bunch of average players. If basic passing and defending is your definition of talent then Padoin was a king.
Yeah no. You would have to be extremely cinical to say that signing Pjanic, Dybala, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Costa, Ronaldo, De Ligt, Chiesa, Kulusevski, etc. were just a bunch of average players.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We did play reserves until the semi vs Inter of all teams.
Arthur-McKennie-Bentancur has been our go to midfield this season, if I'm not mistaken, we've comfortably (2 goals or more) won all the games these guys started together. And the critical part of that midfield is Arthur and McKennie, Rabiot can fill in for Bentancur, but neither he nor Ramsey have the characteristics of Arthur or McKennie.

A quick example of Coppa hurting our chances in Serie A - we played Arthur, a player that can hardly run for 60 minutes, for full 120 minutes against Genoa in Coppa round of 16 and 3 days later he was logically benched against Inter in our game of the season Serie A match, that game we fielded a midfield of Ramsey-Bentancur-Rabiot lol.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Yeah no. You would have to be extremely cinical to say that signing Pjanic, Dybala, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Costa, Ronaldo, De Ligt, Chiesa, Kulusevski, etc. were just a bunch of average players.
Who mentioned any of those players? I’ve been talking about our current mids all along. Rabiot, Arthur, Bentancur, Ramsey, even Mckennie... All average. Not really extraordinary at anything.

And regarding Chiesa and Kulu they’re hardly starting material for a CL contender team built around Ronaldo, are they? Not hating on them but they simply aren’t.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Who mentioned any of those players? I’ve been talking about our current mids all along. Rabiot, Arthur, Bentancur, Ramsey, even Mckennie... All average. Not really extraordinary at anything.

And regarding Chiesa and Kulu they’re hardly starting material for a CL contender team built around Ronaldo, are they? Not hating on them but they simply aren’t.
Chiesa is more starting material than Costa though.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Chiesa is more starting material than Costa though.
Yes and no. Costa had that one impressive 15/16 season at Bayern (which could've been even better if not for injuries. He was on a roll) then got injured the next. We got him right after that and he was huge on his first season here, especially towards the mid to the end of the season. At that point he was definitely starting material for most clubs, really. Then more injuries and we know the rest.

Of course if we're talking today there's no comparison. Injuries killed Costa's career and Chiesa is only 23 years old, still room for growth.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Add Morata to the list as well. Good player but not someone to rely as a 'mainstay' in the longer run.

There are just way too many pussies/soyboys in this team. One has to be really blind to not acknowledge that.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Add Morata to the list as well. Good player but not someone to rely as a 'mainstay' in the longer run.

There are just way too many pussies/soyboys in this team. One has to be really blind to not acknowledge that.
The sad part in all this is that Juventus was known for its ability to man players up :(

It was like an army.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

there is truth behind your words, but a lot is also on coaches shoulders. When I say coaches I mean from Allegri to Pirlo

if your CMs are average..why would you play them as wingers? Ramsey and Mckennie are victims of this. so is Kulu and Chiesa being deployed as forvets and wingbacks. play your players to their strengths. same with dybala as a winger under allegri and sarri. why? why would you play a player who scores most of his goals with deadly left foot in box or around box as a winger?

I can think of so many players that took next step up because they had a coach that believed in them. think of Salah under klopp vs in Roma. Salah under Klopp is a monster of a player. in Roma he was a very good player but nothing like his Liveprool run.

same with Marchisio under Conte and allegri. Marchisio before then was a player that was hot and cold. then under Conte he turned into a beast.

a good coach goes a long way towards getting the best out of the players.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
there is truth behind your words, but a lot is also on coaches shoulders. When I say coaches I mean from Allegri to Pirlo

if your CMs are average..why would you play them as wingers? Ramsey and Mckennie are victims of this. so is Kulu and Chiesa being deployed as forvets and wingbacks. play your players to their strengths. same with dybala as a winger under allegri and sarri. why? why would you play a player who scores most of his goals with deadly left foot in box or around box as a winger?

I can think of so many players that took next step up because they had a coach that believed in them. think of Salah under klopp vs in Roma. Salah under Klopp is a monster of a player. in Roma he was a very good player but nothing like his Liveprool run.

same with Marchisio under Conte and allegri. Marchisio before then was a player that was hot and cold. then under Conte he turned into a beast.

a good coach goes a long way towards getting the best out of the players.
I agree. I’ve always said that coaches and their tactics are overrated. Not always but more often than not great players are the ones who will win you titles. Not genius coaching.

Never believed there is such a thing as a genius tactician. On the other hand a great motivator that knows how to psychologically get into his players’ minds and make them follow his instructions is the most important thing imo. Being able to get that morale boosted while having talented guys at his disposal is just the greatest combination you could ask for.

So I do believe if Klopp can make an average dude like Henderson play at his optimal level putting world class performances week in week out, the ones who know (Guardiola too to some extent) how can really make a difference.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Whats really symptomatic to me is how a team managed by Andrea Pirlo rarely makes a long pass behind the oposition defence. And its really frustrating to watch. Many times theoughout a game, you will just notice how the oposition defence is a bit far out, and we have like couple of players ready to run behind them, and they will make a run, and the Juventus player with the ball just doesnt see the pass, or he will see it, not make it, make a short pass and then appologise to the our player who made the run behind the defence. And the guy usually not making the pass is Bentancur, but he is not the only one. And its so fucking anoying. I actually yelled at the TV at one such inatance during thr Spezia game where Benta didnt make auch a pass, and he appologised, i was like "Stop always fucking appologising, make a fucking pass once in your life."

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Frabotta, Dragusin, Fagioli are part of the core of the team? Might as well ad Peeters, Di Pardo, ...
I wouldn't even consider Demiral, Kulu, McKennie & Rabiot the core of the team. But that would be up for debate, I guess.
I think demiral, McKennie and Kulu were bought for the future no? Wouldnt that make them part of the clubs plan?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think demiral, McKennie and Kulu were bought for the future no? Wouldnt that make them part of the clubs plan?
I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them were sold in the next year or 2.

We have a number of young players. Some of them quite promising.
I just wouldn't say we have a young core. You could argue that our "midfield core" is quite young. But then again, you could also argue that they need to be replaced anyway.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We might have a 'young core' but whether they will develop to the level that Juventus expect is an entirely different matter altogether.

I kept hearing about this 'young core' back in 2015 as well and as usual people overrating every young player possible but only a few made it.

Out of this current batch of younger players, at this point I can only see Chiesa and De Ligt being Juventus starting material for years to come.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We might have 'young core' but whether they will develop to the level that Juventus expect is an entirely different matter altogether.

I kept hearing about this 'young core' back in 2015 as well and as usual people overrating every young player possible but only a few made it.

Out of this current batch of younger players, at this point I can only see Chiesa and De Ligt being Juventus starting material for years to come.
demiral and kulu too

demiral's passing is to be improved; he's already a level above guys of his age in duels. kulu has great abilities, but he's not a cf by any means, and he's been used week in, week out in different positions. with a normal calendar and a consistent position he'd be instantly better. his use of tight spaces and passing around the box is elite material, and his workrate is easily above average too. should improve his holding game asap though.

out of the u23 guys, correia, fagioli, ranocchia, dragusin, peeters and di pardo surely have the potential, much will depend on their mentality. vrioni's injury is a bummer, and i haven't seen aké at all, but he's got a good reputation too. i'd be happy if 2 of these would end up being homegrown squad players for juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 89)