Andrea Pirlo (31 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
All in all it was still nothing more than an expected/must win at home against a accesible opponent and that’s that, there’s not much else to take from it tbh, a small step forward on a very long walk that could just as easily be cancelled out as soon as the next game comes around if we keep our inconsistency going, i do hope however that with some of the crucial guys returning we’ll finally start looking more like a team and bounce back towards giving the merdas a proper scare at the end, if not that then to at least secure that CL spot with games to spare if that’s not too much to ask.

I do believe however that nothing is impossible if a certain core of players manage to eventually somehow stay fit for a good run of games, games are still there to be won afterall, even with or without Pirlo’s presence IMO, odds are indeed pretty slim but i guess it’s nothing wrong in not yet losing all hope at this stage.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
After Verona I believe we couldn't play as bad as we did again and surprise, surprise... our first half tonight was the same.

Pirlo please Stop using Kulu as SS and start using a 4-3-3 for god sake

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
After Verona I believe we couldn't play as bad as we did again and surprise, surprise... our first half tonight was the same.

Pirlo please Stop using Kulu as SS and start using a 4-3-3 for god sake
Its not about Kulu. Midfield that couldnt impose their game in the 1st half. When the ball actually got to Kulu or Chiesa, we looked dangerous. Bentacur and Rabiot arent compatibile, both are too soft, lazy and drift out of the game often. Im happy for the win, but 1 win doesnt wash away several bad games in a row. We need much more.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Its not about Kulu. Midfield that couldnt impose their game in the 1st half. When the ball actually got to Kulu or Chiesa, we looked dangerous. Bentacur and Rabiot arent compatibile, both are too soft, lazy and drift out of the game often. Im happy for the win, but 1 win doesnt wash away several bad games in a row. We need much more.
:tup:

I feel like we have a pretty strong and capable first XI when everyone is available. Morata, Cuadrado, Arthur, even Bonucci are quite important for our general gameplay. As would be an in-form and fit Dybala even if just for healthy rotation up front.

But I still feel that strength is more due to the players, and it is despite a general directionless feeling from the coach and tactics.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I fake fanned, but he's still a shit coach.

Package Deal in July - Trio of clueless figures in football available on a discount (Tootsie the Boy Scout turned Director, Bozo The Fraud and once Club Legend turned Clueless Novice Coach).

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I think we've played our full team maybe 2 or 3 times this season at most and had good results.

I'm still not convinced by him as a coach but I can't deny that Pirlo has been incredibly unlucky with injuries and the fact he wasn't able to have a pre season.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
The Pirlo appointment was always going to be a gamble. And though it sucks greatly to be on the road to hand over the scudetto crown, there are certain things that need to be kept in mind to make a fair assessment of the situation, away from usual fan hysteria.

Our schedule has not done us any favours. The relentless schedule has been incredibly taxing. With Supercoppa, Coppa Italia and CL, no other team in Serie A had to play as many games as we had, except for Napoli, and they're neither in the Coppa final, nor in a better position than us in the table. Of course Napoli shouldn't be the yardstick to measure our season's success but add to our schedule the injuries we are dealing with and it compounds into an important factor. When you have injuries like we have, there's only so much rotation we can do. We're physically stretched. We are going into games physically worse off than our competitors, who in most cases have several days of rest/preparation going into encounters. That doesn't make certain sloppiness any easier to watch, but it needs to be judged in context.

That said, it's in such testing moments that an experienced coach would perhaps have a couple of experience-born insights to help mange the situation. The fact that we have to rely on a shit stain of a midfield doesn't help either. A couple of better players can have a moment of spark that turns a draw into a win.

So yes, there are big problems with this Juve team, but it wouldn't hurt for fans to understand that we're operating in circumstances that would be testing to any other team or coach.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The Pirlo appointment was always going to be a gamble. And though it sucks greatly to be on the road to hand over the scudetto crown, there are certain things that need to be kept in mind to make a fair assessment of the situation, away from usual fan hysteria.

Our schedule has not done us any favours. The relentless schedule has been incredibly taxing. With Supercoppa, Coppa Italia and CL, no other team in Serie A had to play as many games as we had, except for Napoli, and they're neither in the Coppa final, nor in a better position than us in the table. Of course Napoli shouldn't be the yardstick to measure our season's success but add to our schedule the injuries we are dealing with and it compounds into an important factor. When you have injuries like we have, there's only so much rotation we can do. We're physically stretched. We are going into games physically worse off than our competitors, who in most cases have several days of rest/preparation going into encounters. That doesn't make certain sloppiness any easier to watch, but it needs to be judged in context.

That said, it's in such testing moments that an experienced coach would perhaps have a couple of experience-born insights to help mange the situation. The fact that we have to rely on a shit stain of a midfield doesn't help either. A couple of better players can have a moment of spark that turns a draw into a win.

So yes, there are big problems with this Juve team, but it wouldn't hurt for fans to understand that we're operating in circumstances that would be testing to any other team or coach.
No one obliged us to go all in on SuperCoppa or Coppa Italia, we didn't need to play our best lineup in those competitions, especially in a season such as this one, yet Pirlo did it anyway. It feels like several injuries (like Arthur, McKennie, Cuads) might have not happened if we rested these guys instead of trying to prove a point in fucking Coppa Italia.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)