Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (54 Viewers)

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
i never said that i don't like Amauri. but the facts are facts. his track record was great at Palermo but he's done of consequence here at Juventus to warrant any applaud.

Trezeguet has disappointed on many an occasion and i have blasted him when he has. but the fact of the matter is that David is still a better overall player than Amauri. The stats prove it. Take a few years off of David's career and he still ranks higher than Amauri.

btw, i don't see why the both of you brought Trezeguet's name into this. Maybe if i change my avatar then you will come up with avenue to make a point.

i'm a team fan, not a fan of player who happens to play for Juve. so when a player is not performing well or meet standards then he is subject to criticism on any fan board. and i criticize them all when necessary.
No no no, your avatar is great! I'm a team fan as well and i love trez, he's a great finisher in the forward, juve legend.. Anyway, forza juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
His first half of the season has been far more similar to his second half of last season than the first. 4 goals in 21 is nothing if not pitiful for the most capped striker this season.

Apr 19, 2007
A strikers job is to score goals and to be a part of the goals and he hasnt done either this season so obviously you cant say he is playing well. Trez scores goals when he is in so why cant Amauri? Ill tell you its because Amauri is a good striker but Trez Is a world class finisher. World class finishers get goals regardless of the team or anything else. Look at the track record for trez and it proves this

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
A wicked idea, Nesta...but all signs point to Dzeko's heart remaining set on Milan.

The problem with Amauri is that the more we play him, the more his value deteriorates because even at best for us, in the past two seasons, he has been a half decent imitation of Trezeguet...and that was in the first hald of last season. Since then, its been all downhill. Yet he has remained fit.

Strikers are judged on goals, as Keepers are judged on saves. And Amauri is the least effective striker on our books, at putting the ball in the net. we NEED better, more capable, more talented players. And if we can get anything for Amauri, even half of what we paid for him, I would be happy to see him go, and for the management to at least try someone else, a player with a decent goalscoring record would be the obvious choice, given the age of Trez...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's because anybody can claim a player is overrated without providing any evidence as to why. And since it's in this thread, where everybody and their mother feels to need to say something about Amauri, it's getting old.

Nobody rates Amauri here at all, except for myself and a couple others.
I rate Amauri, I think he is a quality player going through a rough period. Like a lot of our players currently are

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
A year ago half of this forum had Amauri avatars :/

Can you say Buffon is crap because he conceded 7 goals in 2 games? No, because it's very unfair to rate players at this time
See how many easy chances Trezeguet wastes in every match, but he scores one of them and everyone praises him
Amauri doesn't get half as much chances but he runs 10 times more than David, I know he's not been great lately, but he's still my first choice striker beside Alex
And also, he doesn't talk about leaving Juve every month like Trez

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But you gotta admit - these days he's a better substitute for Buffon. We could put his goal-repelling action to good use then.
That would make it pretty difficult for him to play with his hair though. You know, with the gloves and all.

There's no denying he's going through a very rough patch. I can live with that. What does bother me however, is how long this rough patch has been going on now. Does not seem normal to me at all. However, I still think he can be a valuable player for our team, but maybe I'm just being naive.

If we were to sell one of our strikers though (out of necessity, to bring a replacement or for whatever reason), he should be the one to go. Mainly because I believe he would fetch us more money than Iaquinta.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If we were to sell one of our strikers though (out of necessity, to bring a replacement or for whatever reason), he should be the one to go. Mainly because I believe he would fetch us more money than Iaquinta.
Esatto. But it makes you wonder how much his value has tanked through his non scoring.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
A year ago half of this forum had Amauri avatars :/

Can you say Buffon is crap because he conceded 7 goals in 2 games? No, because it's very unfair to rate players at this time
See how many easy chances Trezeguet wastes in every match, but he scores one of them and everyone praises him
Amauri doesn't get half as much chances but he runs 10 times more than David, I know he's not been great lately, but he's still my first choice striker beside Alex
And also, he doesn't talk about leaving Juve every month like Trez
Trezguet usually gets 2 chances per game and scores one of them.
Amauri doesnt score no matter how many chances he gets.
Amauri runs more, whines more, loses possession more, more miss-passes.. he is terrible

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Trezguet usually gets 2 chances per game and scores one of them.
Amauri doesnt score no matter how many chances he gets.
Amauri runs more, whines more, loses possession more, more miss-passes.. he is terrible
Whines when? Just because he gets pissed during matches, obviously showing that he wants to win?

More dis-info. You could work for Mossad if you weren't such a midget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)