Aaah, the drama in Rome... (5 Viewers)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
this isnt really conclusive proof, it merely says there are more, but even if it is true, its still very poor about the number of fans you get in the stadium, 9,694,345 glory-hunter fans!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
this isnt really conclusive proof, it merely says there are more
ermm.. isn't that the whole argument here? :)
but even if it is true, its still very poor about the number of fans you get in the stadium, 9,694,345 glory-hunter fans!
true, the number of fans at the stadium is disgraceful, but worldwide support isn't an easy thing to have either ;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
this isnt really conclusive proof, it merely says there are more, but even if it is true, its still very poor about the number of fans you get in the stadium, 9,694,345 glory-hunter fans!
Yeah, that's right - Gray can't travel from Australia to Turin ever other week, so he's a glory-hunter. :rolleyes:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Im sorry nicole. Im italian, and i have alot of family in italy and turin. I think what you say about international fans is disgraceful. I live in germany, and i cant go see my home club every week, but if i lived in turin i probably would. Keep in mind, turin is an industrial city, whereas roma is a cultural city which is more of a residential city.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
Im sorry nicole. Im italian, and i have alot of family in italy and turin. I think what you say about international fans is disgraceful. I live in germany, and i cant go see my home club every week, but if i lived in turin i probably would. Keep in mind, turin is an industrial city, whereas roma is a cultural city which is more of a residential city.
Erm, what exactly did I say about international fans? I was merely joking, saying there were 9million glory-hunters, for crying out loud if that were the case then I'd also be a glory-hunter, as I havent been to seen Roma play, for well over a year now. So, whatever you misread in my comment, forget it now!

The reason Juve is hated in Turin!

Historically, turin was and still is a working class town which relied on factories (nowadays this is a little bit different) such as FIAT. Since Juve was owned by Agnelli (FIAT owner and true expression of italian capitalism), blue collars hated Juve, that's why they always have preferred Torino which represents the true heart of Turin.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004

Editorial Feature: Fall Of An Empire
9/28/2004 11:26:00 AM

This time last season, AS Roma were sitting high on top of the Serie A ladder, after starting with a bang. This year, they sadly find themselves languishing in the bottom half of the table after one of the poorest and most interrupted starts to the season since the mediocre days of the 90’s. So, just exactly what has gone wrong at Trigoria?

Firstly, the losses of key figures Emerson (Juventus) and Walter Samuel (Real Madrid) have hit the capital club hard. Once considered colossal figures in the Roma line-up, their departures have left a young and inexperienced squad without the most important ingredient for success: leadership.

Samuel and Emerson are true leaders in every sense of the word and often organised the team on the pitch. It was they who most contributed to Roma conceding the least goals out of any team in the Italian competition last season and part of the reason why Roma have leaked so many goals in just four games this year.

In reality, their replacements, Philippe Mexes (Auxerre) and Simone Perrotta (Chievo) are good players themselves, but lack the sternness and leadership that their predecessors possessed in abundance. Mexes is a quality young player, perhaps one of the best young defenders in Europe, but he will need time to settle in to the demands of Italian football as he is inexperienced and sometimes enigmatic. His partner at the back, young Italian international Matteo Ferrari is coming off a gruelling off-season and has so far not shown the form that everyone knows he is capable of. Perrotta on the other hand, is relatively experienced, but lacks that killer instinct that Emerson so often demonstrated.

Secondly, the loss of new boss Claudio Cesere Prandelli due to his wife’s ill-health was a huge blow. Prandelli worked wonders with a young squad last season at Parma and was an excellent choice to lead the new brigade of Giallorossi stars such as Daniele De Rossi, Gaetano D’Agostino, Mexes, Alberto Aquilani and the volatile, yet brilliant Antonio Cassano.

His decision to depart and the appointment of Rudi Voeller obviously threw the Roma dressing room into disarray and their performances on the pitch so far this season have confirmed this. The Champions League incident against Dinamo Kiev and the immature actions of Cassano did nothing but cause more problems for the club and they have so far been unable to recover. The last straw came on the weekend at Bologna, when Voeller resigned from his post, citing a lack of discipline and respect from his players.

It has to be said that the actions of the Roma players have worsened the situation and the backlash from this poor behaviour should lie squarely at the feet of captain Francesco Totti. A wonderful player on his day with the ability to turn a match on its feet, Totti lacks the hardness of a true leader and his temperament leaves a lot to be desired. The club desperately needs the captain to stand up and tell his troops what is required of them in these troubled times.

On paper, the Roma squad can knock over anyone on its day. Up front, there is the incredible duo of Totti and Cassano and when they are fit and in-form they can destroy any defensive line in the world. Vincenzo Montella, who has recently rediscovered his goalscoring form and Egyptian striker Mido provide excellent alternatives to the attack.

In midfield, Olivier Dacourt and Simone Perrotta provide the grunt, whilst Mancini and De Rossi add a bit of creativity and spark to support the attack. D’Agostino and Aquilani are two young players with huge amounts of potential and should get a fair bit of playing time this season.

At the back Mexes and Ferrari in the centre could develop into a formidable partnership, whilst European cup winner Trianos Dellas and Romanian international Cristian Chivu are also in the mix. Christian Panucci, Vincent Candela and the versatile Leandro Cufre all provide extra depth. In goal Ivan Pelizzoli has developed into a fine keeper, whilst Carlo Zotti has shown all the signs required to do the same.

There are absolutely no excuses for this squad not to be performing well. It all comes down to attitude, and the players need to group together and start to play with a bit of passion and heart. If they can do this, then the team has the potential to do some fantastic things. If they don’t, then expect a season based on the month we have seen so far. Luigi Del Neri, who should be appointed as the new manager in the next day or two, has a tough job, but with the respect and maturity of his players, he could turn out to be a saviour.

The fans of this club deserve at least that much.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Read, and I already had posted this on the Romanista site I visited, I though it was a good article, so did the people on that site. Its quite true, and the last paragraphy was shown against Inter. Which is why we've turned a corner now, and thats why our season starts now!

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
Frankly, I really like Del Neri, because I think he can get the most from the least. But even Del Neri magician is not omnipotent. In order to work he will need a stable, reassuring environment which Roma cannot guarantee at this point.

Franco Sensi who gave up of his own in order to get by with Roma is probably going to cash in at the end of the season. Many in the team may have been made unhappy by the primadonna attitude of Totti.

I am pretty sure that at the end of the season FatFaceFranco will let go the jewels for money (remember he is the one who pronounced the famous sentence "better dead than selling Emerson to Juventus").

Later, he will sell the Roma trademark to the best offer. Hey, may be Moggi could buy Roma from FatFaceFranco. I hope not, because that could make Roma great.

xziz :D

Aug 1, 2003
Del Neri could be good for Roma. And what he did with Chievo was good, but I've always found him a bit boring - tends to just play a same style time and time again. No diversity

OP
Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #219

:eek:

is that right, yiou still havent proved to me, your actually HAVE fans!
    :wallbang: :dontcare:

And damn, this topic seems to be endless... :D

Cassano storms off - again
    Friday 8 October, 2004

-------------------------------------------------------------------

There are more signs of tension at Roma after Antonio Cassano reportedly abandoned another training session.

Speculation in the peninsula this afternoon claims that he left the field of play in the 57th minute of a friendly against Tivoli.

It is believed that the Italian international, dropped from the latest Azzurri squad, argued with a teammate before he stormed into the changing rooms.

The troubled enigma has a long history of ‘Cassanate’ but this latest show of indiscipline adds to his problems this season.

Cassano had already prematurely left a training session earlier this term after clashing with coaching staff.

He later had a verbal bust-up with former boss Rudi Voller following his dismissal in the Week 1 game against Fiorentina.

The player then reacted with disgust on Sunday when new Coach Gigi Del Neri replaced him in the 3-3 draw with Inter.

Cassano’s troubled start to the campaign will only increase speculation that he could quit the club in the summer – with Juventus and Milan keen on his signature.

Meanwhile, Cristian Chivu’s return to action saw him limp out of the Tivoli match after just 10 minutes.

The Romanian defender, who has just recovered from a broken foot, picked up a slight muscle strain.

---------------------------

:LOL:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

:wallbang: :dontcare:

There are more signs of tension at Roma after Antonio Cassano reportedly abandoned another training session.
    Speculation in the peninsula this afternoon claims that he left the field of play in the 57th minute of a friendly against Tivoli.
    It is believed that the Italian international, dropped from the latest Azzurri squad, argued with a teammate before he stormed into the changing rooms.
    The troubled enigma has a long history of ‘Cassanate’ but this latest show of indiscipline adds to his problems this season.
    Cassano had already prematurely left a training session earlier this term after clashing with coaching staff.
    He later had a verbal bust-up with former boss Rudi Voller following his dismissal in the Week 1 game against Fiorentina.
    The player then reacted with disgust on Sunday when new Coach Gigi Del Neri replaced him in the 3-3 draw with Inter.
    Cassano’s troubled start to the campaign will only increase speculation that he could quit the club in the summer – with Juventus and Milan keen on his signature.
    Meanwhile, Cristian Chivu’s return to action saw him limp out of the Tivoli match after just 10 minutes.
    The Romanian defender, who has just recovered from a broken foot, picked up a slight muscle strain.

:LOL:
    What the hell is wrong with this kid!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)