A present day Moses (9 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm not trying to provoke anyone with my question.....
How do people, mostly muslim scholars, explain the historical errors of the Qur'an?

Direct contradiction between prophecy and event is established both in the bible and the qur'an. I've read a lot about the historical errors in the bible and i've discussed it a lot of times , but i didn't pay much attention to the qur'an. I only know that many historical errors have also been found there so i wonder how do the believers explain that?

Thanks

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There are thousands of links when you look for this in google.

I'll just stick to the historical records and what is said in the Qur'an (supposedly said, because i didn't read the qur'an).

For example (2 examples):

1. The first historical record of Crucifixion was about 519 BC when Darius I, king of Persia, crucified 3,000 political opponents in Babylon, while the qur'an has passages that speak of crucifixion as early as 1900 BC.

2. The Qur'an's saying the Samaritans were the ones who enticed Israel to make the golden calf when Moses was receiving the ten commandments on Mt. Sinai.
But the historical and archeological records tell us that the Samaritans didn't come into existence as Samaritans until 800 years later.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Not quite true I'm afraid. You see, most religious leaders did know how to read and write. The people that didn't know usually didn't have the possibility to actually learn to do so. Your dear prophet on the other hand is quite the odd fellow. He starts out being pretty much nothing, then goes around shouting he knows the word of God, becomes a religious leader and still refuses to do anything that might actually make him an intelligent man. While it is true that a lot people didn't know how to read or write at the time, they were certainly looked down upon by those who could.

God didn't write the Bible. Oh dear, this is just sad. You're actually telling me you don't even know the fundamentals of christianity? Is this how far people are willing to go to defend Islam, making it the only possible form of religion in the world? Not all religions are like it, you know. Christians have always acknowledged the fact that the Bible was written by four MEN.

That it was altered afterwards is not only besides the point, it also reinforces my initial statement. The main reason why the Bible as such is not the work of God is that it was made by men to tell a tale about God. It is not the same as the Qu'uran, no matter what you might think. It's not God talking, it's people talking about God.

I never thought I'd see the day, but I actually know more about the Christian faith than you do.

Nutter.

Pretty much.

seven i wont insult u or throw negative words at u although in all honesty u deserve more than that but i will do what the prophet u r making fun of taught us to do and its to take people's thoughts and ideas against us with patience and open mindness and not give up hope that may be one day u can understand.

i would love to know what u mean by the bolded part, what did u want prophet mohammed pbuh do so he can be an intelligent man in yr books?? honestly i would love to know that.

its true prophet mohammed pbuh did'nt know how to write or read but there is a reason u for some reason fail to see. when the prophet was sent to us arabic studies were at its peak and arabs in general were sooooooo proud of it and they showed that off by writing amazing poems and novels that lived thru the past 1400 years and up until now. thats why its the fact that he ( prophet mohammed pbuh) recieved the revelation thru angel gibreel is his miracle. its clearly explained in the holy quran and i would suggest u actually go out and get an english explanation of the book. it comes in loads of languages and u can get one of its copies from any islamic center u have in yr country. i suggest u read it and not take internet articles as yr source to throw insults at the prophet or any religous icon in general not to mention yr association of islam and terror bec fred, ahmed, and loads of other people tried explaining it to u but it seems u dont want to get it so i wont even go thru that. read it i'm sure u will understand how things work in islam. i'm not telling u to believe it u can forget all about it after u've done reading it, if thats what u want but i think its not logical that u throw insults around cos u dont believe in it or even want to put in some effort to reading it and seeing what the fuss is all about, what makes loads of people believe in the prophet and actually love him more than his or her parents despite the fact we have'nt seen him in person dont convince me its bec we fear life and death.

finally i will give u a very friendly advice u can take it or leave it but i think u owe to give it a thought and its to stop insulting prophets and god, just in case it does turn out in the end that there was sth called god and there was also sth called religion. trust me u would'nt last if u got yr punishment in this life or when this life is finally called upon to end.

Sep 1, 2002
Do we expect our Gods and their words of guidance to be perfect:
free from error, free from misunderstanding, free from ambiguity, free from human interference, free from doubt, free from corruption, free from insult, free from falsehood, free from interpretation, free of anger, free of love and hate, free of contradictions, free of us?

Then we don't want to be free, we don't want free will.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
free from error, free from misunderstanding, free from ambiguity, free from human interference, free from doubt, free from corruption, free from insult, free from falsehood, free from interpretation, free of anger, free of love and hate, free of contradictions, free of us?

Uhhh, yes. That's the reason they're supposed to be gods and not men. :confused:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Uhhh, yes. That's the reason they're supposed to be gods and not men. :confused:
:lol2:

I don't think that guy gets it.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #330
    seven i wont insult u or throw negative words at u although in all honesty u deserve more than that but i will do what the prophet u r making fun of taught us to do and its to take people's thoughts and ideas against us with patience and open mindness and not give up hope that may be one day u can understand.
    If there's one thing you guys do, it's this. Patient to the last with our incredulity :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    There are thousands of links when you look for this in google.

I'll just stick to the historical records and what is said in the Qur'an (supposedly said, because i didn't read the qur'an).

For example (2 examples):

1. The first historical record of Crucifixion was about 519 BC when Darius I, king of Persia, crucified 3,000 political opponents in Babylon, while the qur'an has passages that speak of crucifixion as early as 1900 BC.

2. The Qur'an's saying the Samaritans were the ones who enticed Israel to make the golden calf when Moses was receiving the ten commandments on Mt. Sinai.
    But the historical and archeological records tell us that the Samaritans didn't come into existence as Samaritans until 800 years later.

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Contrad/External/samaritan.html

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I don't think so: take a look at the history of gods, they in fact do have feet of clay.

Regardless of that, we are to be creatures of free will, and what is freedom without the right to choose?
    :confused2 Do gods have a general election where you're from? I mean, does Apollo do spots on late night talk shows, promoting his health care reform package along with the iTunes downloads from his latest album? Does Loki go around selling vacated senate seats for a little campaign financing and getting Angrboda a cushy desk job in the Ministry of Rape & Pillage?

Thanks, it's exactly what i was looking for.
    Well, the Sumerians had crucifixion down (OK, impalement) some 5000 years ago.

Sep 1, 2002
    :confused2 Do gods have a general election where you're from? I mean, does Apollo do spots on late night talk shows, promoting his health care reform package along with the iTunes downloads from his latest album? Does Loki go around selling vacated senate seats for a little campaign financing and getting Angrboda a cushy desk job in the Ministry of Rape & Pillage?

Well, the Sumerians had crucifixion down (OK, impalement) some 5000 years ago.
    Don't be daft now.

In certain areas in Germany they play a version of chess using dice, so I guess all is in the realm of possibility, even if not within our comprehension.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Don't be daft now.

In certain areas in Germany they play a version of chess using dice, so I guess all is in the realm of possibility, even if not within our comprehension.
    Speaking of Hee Haw -- in some parts of Appalachia, Roy Clark is considered a god, and his Big Note Guitar Song Book is their Qur'an.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Yes, that's exactly what the prophet taught you to do. Before beginning the biggest religious expansion by force that is.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Yes, that's exactly what the prophet taught you to do. Before beginning the biggest religious expansion by force that is.
    u have no clue about what u r talking about seven. its a pity that u just managed to read the first paragraph and thats all u can come up with. any way have it yr way if that makes u sleep better.

there r loads of stuff u dont know about when it comes to yr so called "religous expansion"

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    u have no clue about what u r talking about seven. its a pity that u just managed to read the first paragraph and thats all u can come up with. any way have it yr way if that makes u sleep better.

there r loads of stuff u dont know about when it comes to yr so called "religous expansion"
    Okay..

Are you telling me that it was peaceful? The lack of knowledge of some people is astounding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)