A present day Moses (3 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
There are several theories that rationally explain why people do this. Most of them fit nicely in Darwin's bigger theory. Some alter it slightly. A conscience, as is pretty much fact by now, is a biological process.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Please do enlighten me. Explain to me how something that blatantly contradicts Darwin's theory is actually part os his bigger theory.

No, I do have an idea of what I'm talking about. You don't have an idea of what I'm talking about. And please, spare the world your 'religious people are arrogant' speech because I have not seen anyone as arrogant as you are to be perfectly honest.

i never said i dont beleive in "god"

all im saying is catholicism is very exagerated and i mean look how jesus is depicted skinny and white as milf with blue eyes. i mean honestly do u not think the man had a tan and was slightly more muscular i mean he was walking around all over the joint.

i mean seriously the man turned 3 fish and 2 pieces of bread into 30000000000000 million of each.:disagree:
So you say religion is something invented by man out of fear because Jesus didn't have white skin?

Do we expect our Gods and their words of guidance to be perfect:
free from error, free from misunderstanding, free from ambiguity, free from human interference, free from doubt, free from corruption, free from insult, free from falsehood, free from interpretation, free of anger, free of love and hate, free of contradictions, free of us?

Then we don't want to be free, we don't want free will.
I don't think that guy gets it.
I don't think so: take a look at the history of gods, they in fact do have feet of clay.

Regardless of that, we are to be creatures of free will, and what is freedom without the right to choose?
I don't see why you can't understand Biancon's argument. It is very simple and reasonable. God could have created sheep and made them follow his every command without any objections whatsoever. But he created mankind, a free-thinking mankind that posesses free will. He wants his creatures to willingly accept him, not mindlessly accept him.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Yes, that's exactly what the prophet taught you to do. Before beginning the biggest religious expansion by force that is.
:rofl: seven you are too much man, swallowing all that semen has damaged your brain, you do know the prophet died before any major islamic expansion, and 'biggest by force' hahaha oh dear, be honest, did your mum run away with a muslim man when you were a kid or something? :lol:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It's about neglecting history.
if you're trying to say that people who practice religion have little grasp on history.. look who's talking. Atheism is all about selecting little bits of history and manipulating it to suit their purpose.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'm not trying to provoke anyone with my question.....
How do people, mostly muslim scholars, explain the historical errors of the Qur'an?

Direct contradiction between prophecy and event is established both in the bible and the qur'an. I've read a lot about the historical errors in the bible and i've discussed it a lot of times , but i didn't pay much attention to the qur'an. I only know that many historical errors have also been found there so i wonder how do the believers explain that?

Thanks
There are thousands of links when you look for this in google.

I'll just stick to the historical records and what is said in the Qur'an (supposedly said, because i didn't read the qur'an).

For example (2 examples):

1. The first historical record of Crucifixion was about 519 BC when Darius I, king of Persia, crucified 3,000 political opponents in Babylon, while the qur'an has passages that speak of crucifixion as early as 1900 BC.

2. The Qur'an's saying the Samaritans were the ones who enticed Israel to make the golden calf when Moses was receiving the ten commandments on Mt. Sinai.
But the historical and archeological records tell us that the Samaritans didn't come into existence as Samaritans until 800 years later.

Last time I read the Bible I saw no specific dates regarding specific events or references. But, if you're talking about historians views that's another matter.

2009 years ago, of course historians will have heated debates on dates. Those historians may include Muslim and Christian historians but the First Testament would be of little help to advances scholars of ancient history seeing as its written by four men who were more worried about spreading the word of God than giving a proper historical recount on such things.

I don't see from your examples how the Bible and Qur'an both contradict historians views.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:rofl: seven you are too much man, swallowing all that semen has damaged your brain, you do know the prophet died before any major islamic expansion, and 'biggest by force' hahaha oh dear, be honest, did your mum run away with a muslim man when you were a kid or something? :lol:
IL RE SON! you stole my theory. I have a theory that Martin, Seven and Andy all had bad experiences in the past with religion!

Andy either just shat himself at Sunday School one time and never looked back, or he's had his private parts touched by the parish priest.

I'm not sure about Martin yet... but good theory on Seven there:tup:.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #347
    Please do enlighten me. Explain to me how something that blatantly contradicts Darwin's theory is actually part os his bigger theory.
    It doesn't contradict it. It's just that your idea of evolution is that of a 30 second commercial, I'm sorry to say. What you think of evolution is only the most crude caricature. I'd encourage you to read up on it instead of making misleading statements about it, but knowing you I doubt that's gonna happen.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #348
    IL RE SON! you stole my theory. I have a theory that Martin, Seven and Andy all had bad experiences in the past with religion!
    You only have these theories because when we tell you straight up why we have a problem with religion you ignore it and pretend the flaws being mentioned don't exist. Then you have to come up with some other explanation for yourself.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    You only have these theories because when we tell you straight up why we have a problem with religion you ignore it and pretend the flaws being mentioned don't exist. Then you have to come up with some other explanation for yourself.
    its ok to cry sometimes...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Last time I read the Bible I saw no specific dates regarding specific events or references. But, if you're talking about historians views that's another matter.
    Of course i'm talking about the historians views. The bible doesn't have to specifically say that Daniel was one of the administrators of the satraps in Persia during king Darius the great sometime during 522 BC and 486 BC. But if it says that something happened during king Darius the Great's reign then there is enough historical proof to know that it happened between 522 BC and 486 BC.

This is an example of what i'm talking about :

The Gospel of Luke links the birth of Jesus to the census taken by Quirinius when he was governor of Syria, as part of a census of the "whole world" under Rome.However Luke and the Gospel of Matthew date the birth to the reign of Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC, nearly ten years before Quirinius became governor.

The contemporary sources, which we do have today, prove that Luke is in error.

But i'm not surprised by this errors in the Bible because i know that men wrote it. I know that it was altered later, by men.

I was asking about the qur'an and if the historical errors there are proven. I was asking about the replies on the accusations that there are historical errors in the qur'an. I didn't claim that there are such errors there.
    But if there are such errors, then we all know what it means.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Has anyone here ever read: Legend - The Genesis of Civlisation
    or Eden (something or other)?

I found them to be quite thought provoking.
    I thought Roy Clark's Big Note Guitar Song Book was pretty thought provoking myself.

In fact, I am going to strap some nails and steel balls to this explosive vest and prove to Roy Clark how much I obediently believe His Word.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    So anybody who doesn't follow religion is a fag?

See, there you go, religious people persecuting others again.

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    So anybody who doesn't follow religion is a fag?

See, there you go, religious people persecuting others again.
    no no, andy, i think ur cool, i think martins cool, i think burke is cool, you guys are respectful people who you can have a civil discussion with, well burke is burke but that's different, i just happen to think seven is a whiney cock with the manners of a dog

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    thats exactly the point, instead of simply saying something is wrong i will go ahead and offend as many people with as much puny anger as i can
    yep, i'm just making a point, you see i make my comments in jest, i find it hilarious, on the other hand i can imagine seven red faced, tears in his eyeswith steam comming out of his ears when he posts :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)