Your opinion on new transfers (5 Viewers)

What are you?

• I hope for the new signing to be good

• I know that with this management no new signing is good

• I think Rab(Azzurri7) should replace the current management.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I have mixed feelings about our transfers.. Providing we buy Veloso/Alonso it's reasonable to say we've been successful but i can't give our management anything more than a pass because they once again have failed to see the bleedingly obvious in that our defense is clearly the week spot of our team and bringing in another 2 decent defenders to compete with the likes of Legro & Grygera is not really that smart.. I still think we should have been focusing on starting defenders who don't make us scared before every game and which would thus give more balance to our midfield as our defense wouldnt need as much help.. They're really weren't too many excuses either, we can't say that we lacked the money because we bought a 22 million dollar attacker to what already was the premium foward line in Italy

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You're from Zimbabwe? You have my deepest sympathies :)

And for the thread, De Ceglie is technically a signing because we bought his half back, while Giovinco and Marchisio are just Juve players being brought back. For our signings, I think Amauri will be extremely good with us. De Ceglie is a nice youngster to have and hopefully breakthrough. And Mellberg good defender to have, even we could have done better.

The clincher will be when we get Alonso this week. Will doubt many will vote negatively then.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
My rates (from 100) for New arrivals so far:

1. Amauri: 85. Best choice was Huntelaar.
2. Melberg: 65. We should go for younger players but wee got him on free and thats a good point.
3. Ekdal: 90. We bought him cheap, in time. Good Move.
4. Knezevic: 60. We should have gone for better Players.
5. Giovincio: 90. You know why.
6. De Caglie and Marchiso: 80

And my rates for possible new midfielder (in order):

Diego: 95
Aquilani: 90
Van der Vart: 80
Alonso: 75

and

Stankovic: 5

New reserve goalkeeper? Not Important.
Who are you with these percentages, Tuttosport?

What do they even mean? You give Mellberg a supposed 65 but then give Knezevic a 60. Does that mean Mellberg is only 5 points better than Knezevic, or do you mean that Mellberg and Knezevic are the same and only what separates their scores is 5 points for a free transfer?

Then you have Alonso as a 75 and De Ceglie and Marchisio as an 80? Does that mean the latter two are both better than Alonso, or did you combine their scores so they're both worth only 40? And what is so special with their arrival... they were already on our books.

And for the last time, it's MarchisIo, not Marchiso.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Andy, remember what I said in the post about Ardan and Bastian? About people thinking someone is awesome simply because of the unknown factor? Well that funny little poster you are quoting rated Ekdal second highest, just lower then the supreme Diego.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy, remember what I said in the post about Ardan and Bastian? About people thinking someone is awesome simply because of the unknown factor? Well that funny little poster you are quoting rated Ekdal second highest, just lower then the supreme Diego.
That's just some of the weirdest thinking I've ever heard of. It would be more useful being skeptical of talents instead of overrating someone just because all you know about him is what goal.com says, but instead we have clowns who believe everything they read in the media, or just don't have any brains at all. This guy would fit in here in the states, waiving his flag and listening to Fix News.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
If we can get Xabi, Schweinsteiger and a reserve keeper, with the players we have already got this transfer campaign it's looking good. Would of liked to get a new center back and left back but I guess that will be next season.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
If we can get Xabi, Schweinsteiger and a reserve keeper, with the players we have already got this transfer campaign it's looking good. Would of liked to get a new center back and left back but I guess that will be next season.
I'll be over the moon if we got one of Xabi or Schweinsteiger, asking for both would be a bit too much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)