Your opinion on new transfers (4 Viewers)

What are you?

• I hope for the new signing to be good

• I know that with this management no new signing is good

• I think Rab(Azzurri7) should replace the current management.

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #21
    I think depth is a good reason to sign players, I don't know why Andy thinks it is nonsense though.
    I think depth is a good reason to sign cheap players. I think last season when Juventus got doomed with injuries and suspensions they were forced into a lame loan deal; something this signing will hopefully prevent. But that's just me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mafia

Pinturicchio
    Jul 21, 2006
    The price was definetely right, i will just be a bit annoyed if this truly is our last defensive signing, because we really could add some depth in the full back positions or sign one quality defender, but i dont know how the financial situation is at juve, because i dont run juve, so its not up to me.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I won't rip any new players until they have touched the ball for us unless I know that they suck from seeing them play for other clubs. I know not all coaches/situations/teams are the same but that would be the only reason I would buck at them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I think depth is a good reason to sign cheap players. I think last season when Juventus got doomed with injuries and suspensions they were forced into a lame loan deal; something this signing will hopefully prevent. But that's just me.
    Okay cool. Lets just keep getting mediocre players and have about 15 strikers. Bring back Sculli and sign people like Brian Ching, Di Natale, and sign Portanova but play him as a striker if the other 14 players happen to be injured mysteriously.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    Okay cool. Lets just keep getting mediocre players and have about 15 strikers. Bring back Sculli and sign people like Brian Ching, Di Natale, and sign Portanova but play him as a striker if the other 14 players happen to be injured mysteriously.
    If you're mentioning strikers, I would have very much preferred a quality midfielder rather than Amauri, but I don't know what will happen, we might get a quality midfielder as well. An extra central defender is something we actually need as Andrade will not be staying with us.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Most folk want to do both.

Soundly abuse them until they play a couple of good games, and then declare them great.

See Sissoko and Iaquinta.
    or the other way around, overrate and praise them, just because they are Juve players, bought by the Juve managers...

see Tiago, Almiron, Salih, Criscito, Andrade, Grygera, Palla and Molinaro:p

The transfer window isnt closed yet, we cant tell from now if our transfer window was another failure, lets just wait until the first week of July!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Yes, but did the likes of Brazzo and Grygera really add much at all to our competitiveness even for the small amounts spent?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    And Grygera was MoM once too, scoring and making an assist.

That said, I'd really hope a signing produces more than one memorable match in a 38-game season.
    he looked improved at the euro's. I hope next season he will have acclimatised, he has the potential to do well in our team and we had a period where he was our best defender, even if it was for only for 3 or 4 games.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    @Andy:

True. In fact I agree with what your most important point in this thread. We need to sign some quality over quantity.

Although I don't completely agree with your view on Knezevic I can't comment on Knezevic's ability as I have little to no idea how good he is or isn't.
    Knezevic' signing has a few plusses. He's cheap, so not really a loss - financially. He's Stendardo's direct replacement and Stendardo was needed a few times this season. On the down side: signing him is probably an indication that we wont get any other defender, as we're kind of stacked.

I don't consider Grygera a cb, let alone a good one, so i'm glad it could mean we won't have to see Grygera in the middle again.

A summer mercato consisting of Alonso (hopefuly....), Amauri, Mellberg, Knezevic, De Ceglie, Marchisio and Giovinco is a mercato well done. We probably could've/can do better in defence, but i'm willing to give Mellberg a chance or hope Legro/Chiellini have built enough chemistry to mask their(legro's?) shortcomings.

And Grygera was MoM once too, scoring and making an assist.

That said, I'd really hope a signing produces more than one memorable match in a 38-game season.
    Of course.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    Yes, but did the likes of Brazzo and Grygera really add much at all to our competitiveness even for the small amounts spent?
    Brazzo was our most versatile player which was pretty useful even though with mediocre performances. As for Grygera, he was lame, bad and I wanted his head but by the end of the season he caught some form and it continued with the EUROs. I see him as a starter next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)