Your opinion on new transfers (11 Viewers)

What are you?

• I hope for the new signing to be good

• I know that with this management no new signing is good

• I think Rab(Azzurri7) should replace the current management.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
@Andy:

True. In fact I agree with what your most important point in this thread. We need to sign some quality over quantity.

Although I don't completely agree with your view on Knezevic I can't comment on Knezevic's ability as I have little to no idea how good he is or isn't.
Knezevic' signing has a few plusses. He's cheap, so not really a loss - financially. He's Stendardo's direct replacement and Stendardo was needed a few times this season. On the down side: signing him is probably an indication that we wont get any other defender, as we're kind of stacked.

I don't consider Grygera a cb, let alone a good one, so i'm glad it could mean we won't have to see Grygera in the middle again.

A summer mercato consisting of Alonso (hopefuly....), Amauri, Mellberg, Knezevic, De Ceglie, Marchisio and Giovinco is a mercato well done. We probably could've/can do better in defence, but i'm willing to give Mellberg a chance or hope Legro/Chiellini have built enough chemistry to mask their(legro's?) shortcomings.
I've seen Knezevic a few times, but yeah, I didn't really inspect him like I would someone of world class potential like Zapata. But what I do know from what I've seen is that Knezevic isn't someone we need back there. Like you said, we need quality. But now that we signed Dario it looks frankly obvious that the quality we need is not coming.

Lets just hope we can sign someone even remotely good at left-back. Even though I can't stand Grosso I would take him here. It's that desperate of a situation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Brazzo was our most versatile player which was pretty useful even though with mediocre performances. As for Grygera, he was lame, bad and I wanted his head but by the end of the season he caught some form and it continued with the EUROs. I see him as a starter next season.
I'd love to see Grygera at right-back with his Euro form. That would be perfect.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #43
    I'd love to see Grygera at right-back with his Euro form. That would be perfect.
    He's got what it takes but he lacks fitness. If he works on that, he will never be caught out of position. I also like Zebina as right back so these two can rotate in that position.

Dec 26, 2004
    Why not buying two more strikers and another four midfielders for the sake of depth... numbers would look great after completing such signings.

Juventus has a squad of 26 players.

After summer Mercato:

Juventus has a squad of 32 players.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    To me,depth was one of the main reasons why we "just" finished third. Our starting 11 is already pretty strong and can compete with Inter's.The difference is the bench,compare the bench of Juve and the bench of Inter,you'll see that their bench players would probably start in other squads.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    To me,depth was one of the main reasons why we "just" finished third. Our starting 11 is already pretty strong and can compete with Inter's.The difference is the bench,compare the bench of Juve and the bench of Inter,you'll see that their bench players would probably start in other squads.
    Inter doesn't have enough Knezevics though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I unlike most of the forum apparently rate Amauri very highly, but i didnt really see the point of spending 23M Euro's on another striker, when clearly that was the least department that needed strengthening in your team.

That 23M could've been used for a quality leftback or a creative midfielder.

All in all i think adding Alonso and Stankovic to the signings of Mellberg and Amauri would make this Mercato an extremely successful one for Juve.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    We will have someone that is better then Crespo and Sauzo on the bench in Amauri, and if Iaquinta stays as we hope, then we truly have a luxury bench striker wise.

But when it comes to defenders, true we dont even have Samuel quality starting, let alone on the bench.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I unlike most of the forum apparently rate Amauri very highly, but i didnt really see the point of spending 23M Euro's on another striker, when clearly that was the least department that needed strengthening in your team.
    that's my opinion too, and probably most of the members' here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)