Your Italy (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2003
GK's: Buffon, Toldo, Cudicini

Def's: Nesta, Cannavaro, Iuliano, Legrottaglie, Bonera, Pannuci, Zambrotta, Pessotto

Mids: Pirlo, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Zanetti, Camoranesi, Fiore, Di Natale (note: Ambrosini to replace Maresca when 100% fit)

Fwd's: Totti, Del Piero, Miccoli, Vieri, Inzaghi

Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1):

Buffon; Pannuci, Nesta, Cannavaro (c), Zambrotta; Pirlo, Zanetti; Camoranesi, Totti, Di Natale/Fiore; Vieri

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
What the hell are Albertini, Di Biagio and Ventola doing there?!
I happen to think they're good. Well, good enough to do a good job as a substitute anyway.

And what sense does it make including Maldini if you're not going to play him?!?!
Because the man has got to a certain age and form that I wouldn't play him from the start.

Good to see Cassano in the squad, but I would like to see Miccoli in there too ... Zambrotta should replace either Pessotto or Di Biagio, and I would personally prefer Gattuso to Albertini.
Zambrotta? So he can do a half-ass job? Not really.
Gattuso didn't impress me AT ALL at the world cup and fails to impress me now in club football as well.
As for Albertini - first you say you don't want him and then you say you prefer him over DiBiaggio? :confused: Did you mix up the names or...?

I thought about Miccoli but I think Cassano and Ventola are better at this point, honestly. Let Miccoli gain some experience in the CL or Uefacup and then I would consider giving him a ring.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Francesco Toldo (Inter), Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea)

Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro (Inter), Alessandro Nesta (Milan), Mark Iuliano (Juventus), Paolo Maldini (Milan), Cristian Zaccardo (Bologna), Francesco Coco (Inter), Gianluca Pessotto (Juventus)

Midfielders: Alessio Tacchinardi (Juventus), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Francesco Totti (Roma), Enzo Maresca (Piacenza), Demetrio Albertini (Atlético de Madrid), Stefano Fiore (Lazio), Luigi DiBiaggio (Inter)

Forwards: Filippo Inzaghi (Milan), Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Cristian Vieri (Inter), Antonio Cassano (Roma), Vincenzo Montella (Roma), Nicola Ventola (Inter)

----------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------------
---Cannavaro---------------------Nesta------------------------Zaccardo---
-------------------Tacchinardi--------------------Maresca-----------------
-----Camoranesi---------------------------------------------Fiore----------
-------------------------------------------Totti----------------------------
-------------------------Del Piero------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------Inzaghi----------------------------------

For the record, this is a 3-4-3 formation. Totti and Del Piero are in a free role in which they can 'run around' Inzaghi and create chances. Inzagh is there to finish it off - I believe he does that better than Vieri (remember the Korea match last year :down: )
I can't believe you have Venotola in that lineup!!!!!
when is the last time he's even touched a bal, let alone score!!

Corradi, Miccoli, and even Marazzina! would be much better.

BTW denco, Di Natali is a good choice :thumb:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
PS: I never thought about it before, but that Totti - DP - Pippo combination looks very interesting. ;)
I know. It's actually the one part about this squad that I REALLY like. The midfield is a real booger in Italy's case. So many class strikers but not enough star midfielders to supply them...

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Francesco Toldo (Inter), pelizolli (Roma) no Carlo Cudicini i don't think he is good enough nor he will accept to play for italy as a 3rd reserve goal i think he will play for England NT.

Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro (Inter), Alessandro Nesta (Milan), Bonera (parma), Legrottaglie (cheivo), Cristian Zaccardo (Bologna), Francesco Coco (Inter), Ferrari (Parma)

Midfielders: Alessio Tacchinardi (Juventus), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Francesco Totti (Roma), Enzo Maresca (Piacenza), Ambrosini (Milan), Stefano Fiore (Lazio), Di Natali (Empoli)

Forwards: Filippo Inzaghi (Milan), Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Cristian Vieri (Inter), Antonio Cassano (Roma), Miccoli(perugia), Corradi (Lazio)

-------------------------Buffon--------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
----Cannavaro-----Legrottaglie------Nesta--------
------------------------------------------------------------
--Fiore------Tacchinardi------Pirlo-----Di natali----
------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------Totti---------------------------
--------------------------------------Del Piero----------
--------------------------Corradi------------------------

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
sorry, but that line-up is ....hmm...what should i say........
no word to descripe, only :yuck: (no offence :D)

1: Camo is way better than Fiore...he can also defend better :somethig you would need with a three-man defense
2. Corradi is no superstar...Inzaghi and Vieri are way better

There is no balance what so ever!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

I happen to think they're good. Well, good enough to do a good job as a substitute anyway.

Because the man has got to a certain age and form that I wouldn't play him from the start.

Zambrotta? So he can do a half-ass job? Not really.
Gattuso didn't impress me AT ALL at the world cup and fails to impress me now in club football as well.
As for Albertini - first you say you don't want him and then you say you prefer him over DiBiaggio? :confused: Did you mix up the names or...?

I thought about Miccoli but I think Cassano and Ventola are better at this point, honestly. Let Miccoli gain some experience in the CL or Uefacup and then I would consider giving him a ring.
First of all, Maldini retired internationally

Second of all, Italia needs new blood and younger players to help the midfield grow. Italy has been playing with a crappy midfield for ages and they need new players to help things change (or were you happy with how the mid was doing for the past few years?! :rolleyes: )
Albertini and Di Biagio are all washed up.
Albertini is old and slow and is very inconsistant. The later applys to Di Biagio too. he isn't even a regular at inter where they're midfield isn't so special either.

Finally, Miccoli is already good enough. How can you claim that miccoli isn't prepared when you want Cassano (who is younger) to play instead!!

Ventola is all washed up. He's a 7th Striker at Inter!! behind Vieri, B-tuta, Crespo, Recoba, Kallon, and even Martins(nowadays).

you would prefer a guy who rarely plays to someone who is scoring goals like corradi!!

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I happen to think Ventola is good as well. He is just injured and never given the chance to show what he can do.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
he is good.....it's a shame he's a reserve stricker. i think he can do so much if he were in another team.

Inter have been destroying his career. i hope they dont do the same to Kallon and MArtins as they look extremely promising.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I might give it another try later today if I can be bothered. See how you'll like my new team.

BTW - grammar question (you should know, you live in the US): is it "You're welcome" or "Your welcome"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)