Starting XI:
---------------------------------Buffon--------------------------------
-----------------Nesta------Cannavaro-------Ferrari--------------
--------------------Tacchinardi--------Gattuso--------------------
-Camoranesi-----------------Totti---------------------Delvecchio-
------------------------Vieri-----------Del Piero--------------------
not bad ...

the way i see it ..

............................ Buffon ...............................

..... Lagoro. ....... Canav. ....................... Nesta

...................... Tachi ...............................

Camo. ..................... Fiore ...................................... Zamb. (Pirlo)

................................................... Totti ( Miccoli ) ....................

....... Del Piero ...............................

....................................... Vieri ...........

where >>?>>

Tachi . : responsible to cover the mid. .. and .. as a first defensive wall ..

Fiore : in case of attack .. he goes right while totti to the lest ..

Totti : Free Role .. Miccoli .. could fit this position too ..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Almajhool ] ++

not bad ...

the way i see it ..

............................ Buffon ...............................

..... Lagoro. ....... Canav. ....................... Nesta

...................... Tachi ...............................

Camo. ..................... Fiore ...................................... Zamb. (Pirlo)

................................................... Totti ( Miccoli ) ....................

....... Del Piero ...............................

....................................... Vieri ...........

where >>?>>

Tachi . : responsible to cover the mid. .. and .. as a first defensive wall ..

Fiore : in case of attack .. he goes right while totti to the lest ..

Totti : Free Role .. Miccoli .. could fit this position too ..
WB Aziz :)

In terms of the offense, your line-up is very good, but it is very exposed in defense.
Tacchinardi is a holding mid, and he's not that greta in defending.
with only Tacchi helping the defense, Zambrotta and Camoranesi will be forced to play more defensive roles. This might be fine for zambrotta, but it would be a waste for Camo's attacking skills. it will also significantly weaken the right side of the offense.
i understand what you mean about Fiori going to the right, but this will leave the midfield empty.

BTW, Fantasista,....Tacchinardi can be a good passer. Gattusso has his good games too (Milan-Juve) is a great example.
a ball-getter(gattuso), and a distributer/holding mid(Tacchi) is a great combination. and they can both help out the defense when either Ferrari or Nesta goes wide.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    Majed: I'm all for a Tacchinardi - Gattuso centre midfield partnership as well. The combination of Tacchi's holding abilities and distributing skills would be very well complemented by Gatto's ball winning, but unfortunately not many other forum members think so, and neither does Trap.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    sorry but Gattuso is just a poor man's Davids and I don't really think he is needed in the NT, I would rather someone that can help out with the attack to parteer tach, while tach just holds the fort

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Francesco Toldo (Inter), Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea)

Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro (Inter), Alessandro Nesta (Milan), Mark Iuliano (Juventus), Paolo Maldini (Milan), Cristian Zaccardo (Bologna), Francesco Coco (Inter), Gianluca Pessotto (Juventus)

Midfielders: Alessio Tacchinardi (Juventus), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Francesco Totti (Roma), Enzo Maresca (Piacenza), Demetrio Albertini (Atlético de Madrid), Stefano Fiore (Lazio), Luigi DiBiaggio (Inter)

Forwards: Filippo Inzaghi (Milan), Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Cristian Vieri (Inter), Antonio Cassano (Roma), Vincenzo Montella (Roma), Nicola Ventola (Inter)

----------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------------
    ---Cannavaro---------------------Nesta------------------------Zaccardo---
    -------------------Tacchinardi--------------------Maresca-----------------
    -----Camoranesi---------------------------------------------Fiore----------
    -------------------------------------------Totti----------------------------
    -------------------------Del Piero------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------Inzaghi----------------------------------

For the record, this is a 3-4-3 formation. Totti and Del Piero are in a free role in which they can 'run around' Inzaghi and create chances. Inzagh is there to finish it off - I believe he does that better than Vieri (remember the Korea match last year :down: )

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #48
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Francesco Toldo (Inter), Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea)

Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro (Inter), Alessandro Nesta (Milan), Mark Iuliano (Juventus), Paolo Maldini (Milan), Cristian Zaccardo (Bologna), Francesco Coco (Inter), Gianluca Pessotto (Juventus)

Midfielders: Alessio Tacchinardi (Juventus), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Francesco Totti (Roma), Enzo Maresca (Piacenza), Demetrio Albertini (Atlético de Madrid), Stefano Fiore (Lazio), Luigi DiBiaggio (Inter)

Forwards: Filippo Inzaghi (Milan), Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Cristian Vieri (Inter), Antonio Cassano (Roma), Vincenzo Montella (Roma), Nicola Ventola (Inter)

----------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------------
    ---Cannavaro---------------------Nesta------------------------Zaccardo---
    -------------------Tacchinardi--------------------Maresca-----------------
    -----Camoranesi---------------------------------------------Fiore----------
    -------------------------------------------Totti----------------------------
    -------------------------Del Piero------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------Inzaghi----------------------------------

For the record, this is a 3-4-3 formation. Totti and Del Piero are in a free role in which they can 'run around' Inzaghi and create chances. Inzagh is there to finish it off - I believe he does that better than Vieri (remember the Korea match last year :down: )
    What the hell are Albertini, Di Biagio and Ventola doing there?! And what sense does it make including Maldini if you're not going to play him?!?!

Good to see Cassano in the squad, but I would like to see Miccoli in there too ... Zambrotta should replace either Pessotto or Di Biagio, and I would personally prefer Gattuso to Albertini.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #49
    PS: I never thought about it before, but that Totti - DP - Pippo combination looks very interesting. ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    I still find Alex one the more interesting cause he really didn't "put the soup in the microwave" but did a new one.

I still have to do mine :confused: cause in one side I'm sick of seeing in the NT many players who failed and failed and still there but in the other I don't know who of the younger can really affort responsability and big international tournaments.

My opinion is that the NT had to be "revolutionated" after the WC, so the younger had the time to be tried while now is a bit too late cause we are already endangered 4 the Euro quilify and we can not take riscks.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    mate a lot of it hinges on how our euro2004 campaign fares....

if we do good then trap will have time- on his hands and we will have hope of the way we are.

but on the other hand, if we do shitty then a total revolution will all but occur.....

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    I think it occurred after the WC!!!
    But now is too late to do it... so we will have to go on in a similar way till the Euro will be finisced and whatever it will go after it we will start preparing 4 next WC, so it will be natural to put in young players, many of the current are already next to 30 years...

Jul 12, 2002
    Buffon

Zaccardo Cannavaro Nesta Zambrotta

Pirlo Ambrosini

Camoranesi Totti Delvicchio

Vieri

With Toldo, Panucci, Legro.., CZanetti, Gatusso, Tacchinardi, Miccoli, Del Piero, Pippo Inzaghi, Cassano.. pherhaps Montella only if he hits form again..

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sheva Rules ] ++

Zaccardo Cannavaro Nesta Zambrotta

Pirlo Ambrosini

Camoranesi Totti Delvicchio

Vieri
    Nice but maybe we need it needs a defensive mielfielder.
    I saw many of you like Zaccardo...

Jul 12, 2002
    IMO Ambrosini is up to that job you mentionted, also Pirlo have a good experience now as a defensive midfielder, you cant drop Pirlo after his brilliant form in this position with Milan, Pirlo with either Ambrosini or Tacchinardi IMO, for me I prefer Ambro but only if he gets more time on the pitch.. for now Tacchinardi is the best partner for Pirlo there..

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    --------Bonera---- Nesta (C)----LeGrottaglie
    Camoranesi-----Maresca----Fiore------Di Natale
    ----------------------Pirlo------------------------
    ----------------Totti
    ----------------------------Vieri

-----------Nesta(C)-----LeGrottaglie------
    Pasquale----------------------------Zambrotta
    ----------Gattuso---------Zanetti
    -------Miccoli------Pirlo-------Totti
    --------------------Vieri

Actually I like the first mutch better but I made also the second cause I wanted to schow what I mean as a 4-2-3-1 The "2" must be very defensive mieldfield but the "3" has to be REAL offensive playmakers not wings like Trap does.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sheva Rules ] ++
    IMO Ambrosini is up to that job you mentionted, also Pirlo have a good experience now as a defensive midfielder, you cant drop Pirlo after his brilliant form in this position with Milan, Pirlo with either Ambrosini or Tacchinardi IMO, for me I prefer Ambro but only if he gets more time on the pitch.. for now Tacchinardi is the best partner for Pirlo there..
    Ambro is perfect 4 this role... but IMO it not work 4 Pirlo, he's a playmaker, he can do it both in the front or in the back but I will not give him an "interdiction" role.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Goal keepers Buffon ,Toldo (injury to either then Cudiccini for back up if not then 2 keepers

Defenders Cannavaro, Nesta, Pasquale, Coco, Legrottaglie (spelling) , Ferrari, Bonera

Midfielders Tacchinardi, Giannichedda, Fiore, Di Natali, Camoranesi, Zambrotta Pirlo and Ambrossini

Strikers, Totti, Del Piero, Vieri, Inzaghi, Miccoli and Corradi

--------------------------------Buffon--------------------------------

----------------Legrottaglie------Nesta--------Cannavaro---

-----Camoranesi--------------------------------------------Pasquale

-------------------------Fiore------------Giannichedda-------------

------------------------------------Totti-----------------------------

------------------------------Vieri/Inzaghi-------------Dp

when things are becoming stale

take off Dp and bring on Miccoli

off goes Fiore and bring on either Tacchinardi or Ambrossini

take off Totti and bring on either Di Natali or Pirlo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)