Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Well like it or not we'll continue with the tradition of signing italian players but thing is we need to create a balance.
When it comes to foreigners,we shud look abroad mostly.
This 'serie a' experience means a whole load of shit to me.Most overrated phrase ever.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well like it or not we'll continue with the tradition of signing italian players but thing is we need to create a balance.
When it comes to foreigners,we shud look abroad mostly.
This 'serie a' experience means a whole load of shit to me.Most overrated phrase ever.
I don't mind as long as it's a good signing and not Peluso, Padoin, Bonucci, Ogbonna (too early to say) etc. I don't have anything against bringing back Immobile, though.

When you look at our best players it's Vidal, Pogba, Asamoah, Licht (was better), Tevez. Llorente has also been pretty good, considering it's his first year here. Out of all Italian players we bought the one who impressed the most is without a doubt Barzagli. But all others were pretty much a failure, especially if you look at their prices (Bonucci and Ogbonna for around 15mln each LOL, while Benatia was paid 7mln).

I really wish we could sign a player like Gundogan.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Our academy is full of Italian players with just a few foreigners here and there. Look at Barcas academy - it's full of south american flair - italians don't seem to have that anymore.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
We should go for Lamela or Eriksen if we have money, not this Lulić's, Bonaventuras etc etc
It is better to buy one top player and settle the summer mercato instead of buying bunch of mediocre ones and they all eat up our transfer money and you get nothing but the widht, fuck width we need creativity.
We had Peluso, Osvlado, Padoin, Isla securing our width, and .... they suck so much we actually cant use them for what they were brought in the first place.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Our academy is full of Italian players with just a few foreigners here and there. Look at Barcas academy - it's full of south american flair - italians don't seem to have that anymore.
We should not focus on our youth academy at all. Over the past 20 years we only got Marchisio and Giovinco for who you can say they 'made it' big. Yet, even those two, are nothing but useful squad players.

You don't see many top clubs producing quality players from youth academy, it's only Barca pretty much.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
We should go for Lamela or Eriksen if we have money, not this Lulić's, Bonaventuras etc etc
It is better to buy one top player and settle the summer mercato instead of buying bunch of mediocre ones and they all eat up our transfer money and you get nothing but the widht, $#@! width we need creativity.
We had Peluso, Osvlado, Padoin, Isla securing our width, and .... they suck so much we actually cant use them for what they were brought in the first place.
Bonaventura has good ball control and he can pass the ball across the pitch but that's not what you need from a winger!! He's slow and doesn't dare like a player with flair would do. Cuadrado is daring when he plays, and he's got the pace and technique to do it well. Even if you have those abilities, I just don't see many players dare these days. Maradona was so full of confidence he dared to take on 3 or 4 players before passing!!

- - - Updated - - -

We should not focus on our youth academy at all. Over the past 20 years we only got Marchisio and Giovinco for who you can say they 'made it' big. Yet, even those two, are nothing but useful squad players.

You don't see many top clubs producing quality players from youth academy, it's only Barca pretty much.
I agree with you. Our academy sucks!!!
But most of Barcas talents are pick ups from around the globe as well. It's not like they're all born and raised in Catalonia..

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

I don't agree. Just because the academy doesn't produce WC players it doesn't mean it's useless.

I prefer to have a Marchisio on the bench than buy Islas or Padoins of the world so they could sit on the bench. This way you save up some money on bigger players that are expected to be starters.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't agree. Just because the academy doesn't produce WC players it doesn't mean it's useless.

I prefer to have a Marchisio on the bench than buy Islas or Padoins of the world so they could sit on the bench. This way you save up some money on bigger players that are expected to be starters.
I don't mean useless per se, but we should simply not rely on it to produce some good talents because like I said, 99% of players that come out from youth academy you won't even see. We had 2 players who made it, that is quite a small number when compared with all the generation of players we had in the meantime.

Sign Keita Baldé Diao!!!!
Big talent :tup:

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Marotta: "Pogba? Want to move forward together. Market? Nothing crazy but we have to raise the bar for the Champions"

"Achieving double objective, title and Europa League - adds Marotta - will not affect our summer market: we will continue with our growth plan, without doing crazy things but trying to raise a little 'the bar in the Champions League. too, with Antonio Conte will meet in championship concluded"

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It is better to buy one top player and settle the summer mercato instead of buying bunch of mediocre ones and they all eat up our transfer money and you get nothing but the widht, $#@! width we need creativity.
if we could somehow get both of these and Sanchez/Cuadrado and keep Pogba we could make an impressive mercato.

- - - Updated - - -

Marotta: "Pogba? Want to move forward together. Market? Nothing crazy but we have to raise the bar for the Champions"

"Achieving double objective, title and Europa League - adds Marotta - will not affect our summer market: we will continue with our growth plan, without doing crazy things but trying to raise a little 'the bar in the Champions League. too, with Antonio Conte will meet in championship concluded"
Pogba stays :cool:

Momme

Oct 19, 2005
First of all, as the lot of you, I am really disappointed by this seasons performances. Ofcourse you can say that winning the 3rd consecutive Scudetto is a big achievement. That title alone means that we have achieved more than e.g. Barca and Chelsea probably, and we should be happy for that. However our performances both in the league and especially in Europe have been shite most of the season. I think we got lucky with a lot of the points earned in Serie A, where we have been clueless in attack and won a lot of games with late goals and randomness. The play has not been good but we just managed to grind the results out, of what is a poor league. This is a huge disappointment as we didnt improve over last season, but actually declined as I see it. We finally bought some decent strikers which we had been longing for, for seasons. Everything was set, but haven't performed.

Changes have to be made for next season if we have international ambitions, as it is clearer than ever, that this 3-5-2 (atleast with our combination of players) is not fit for Europe. Changes have to be made, and what about Pogba and Vidal, and the role of Pirlo?

As I see it, we have a lot of quality and opportunities within our squad! First of all, get rid of the 3-back defence! If Pogba and Vidal decides not to leave, we should ofcourse use them, but I think Pirlo should be replaced, even if we wanna go with a 3-man midfield. He is too static and has too many disadvantages to our team. With him on the field all the play is going through him, and he is actually limiting the play of our other players, as seen yesterday aswell where he stands on the line of Chiellini and Caceres when we are 1 or 2 men more than them. If we wanna control the game from the back, then get a better defensive playmaker than Bonucci and then dont also deploy a regista for the same purpose. A midfield of just Pogba and Vidal, with Marchisio and Asamoah as rotation should be fine and then we should have space for creativity out wide. We could also go with a 3-man midfield but then get a new creative CM like Rakitic/Modric/B. Valero/Gundogan or even Di Maria, that type of player.

In attack if we are going with a front duo, then I think Tevez and Llorente is a fine pair. Llorente have had some really bad games like he had yesterday, but he has also showed how good he can be and that he actually has a nice first-touch. This was his first season after some hard conditions here in his new home and the last season he had in Bilbao. With a new season an with proper wingers and more creative attacking play, I think he will shine more.

Defensively we should go for 4 men at the back. Some are mentioning new CB's but I honestly dont see why? as we have a truckload of them. My first choice for CBs would be Barzagli and Chiellini as of right now. I dont know how talented Bonucci and Ogbonna actually are, but if they are likely to improve in the future we should just aim to use them for backups and replacements for an aging Barzagli. For RB we should use Licht and have Caceres as backup, and he could also be used at CB ofcourse. At LB we need a new man for a starting spot and we should find out if Chiellini and Asamoah can be cover for that position aswell.

So as I see it, we need:
- LB with good defensive and offensive qualities.
- Left and right wingers and cheap backups
- Maybe a creative CM

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
First of all, as the lot of you, I am really disappointed by this seasons performances. Ofcourse you can say that winning the 3rd consecutive Scudetto is a big achievement. That title alone means that we have achieved more than e.g. Barca and Chelsea probably, and we should be happy for that. However our performances both in the league and especially in Europe have been shite most of the season. I think we got lucky with a lot of the points earned in Serie A, where we have been clueless in attack and won a lot of games with late goals and randomness. The play has not been good but we just managed to grind the results out, of what is a poor league. This is a huge disappointment as we didnt improve over last season, but actually declined as I see it. We finally bought some decent strikers which we had been longing for, for seasons. Everything was set, but haven't performed.

Changes have to be made for next season if we have international ambitions, as it is clearer than ever, that this 3-5-2 (atleast with our combination of players) is not fit for Europe. Changes have to be made, and what about Pogba and Vidal, and the role of Pirlo?

As I see it, we have a lot of quality and opportunities within our squad! First of all, get rid of the 3-back defence! If Pogba and Vidal decides not to leave, we should ofcourse use them, but I think Pirlo should be replaced, even if we wanna go with a 3-man midfield. He is too static and has too many disadvantages to our team. With him on the field all the play is going through him, and he is actually limiting the play of our other players, as seen yesterday aswell where he stands on the line of Chiellini and Caceres when we are 1 or 2 men more than them. If we wanna control the game from the back, then get a better defensive playmaker than Bonucci and then dont also deploy a regista for the same purpose.A midfield of just Pogba and Vidal, with Marchisio and Asamoah should be fine and then we should have space for creativity out wide. We could also go with a 3-man midfield but then get a new creative CM like Rakitic/Modric/B. Valero/Gundogan or even Di Maria, that type of player.

In attack if we are go with a front duo, then I think Tevez and Llorente is fine. Llorente have had some really bad games like yesterday, but he has also showed how good he can be and that he actually haas a nice first-touch. This was his first season after some hard conditions here in his new home and the last season he had in Bilbao. With proper wingers and more creative attacking play, I think he will shine more.

Defensively we should go for 4 men at the back. Some a mentioning new CB's but I honestly dont see why? as we have a truckload of them. My first choice for CBs would be Barzagli and Chiellini as of right now. I dont know how talented Bonucci and Ogbonna actually are, but if they are likely to improve in the future we should just aim to them for backups and replacements for an aging Barzagli. For RB we should use Licht and have Caceres as backup, and he could also be used at CB ofcourse. At LB we need a new man for a starting spot and we should find out if Chiellini and Asamoah can be cover for that position aswell.

So as I see it, we need:
- LB with good defensive and offensive qualities.
- Left and right wingers and cheap backups
- Maybe a creative CM
:tup:

1.Bring Berardi & Gabbiadini test the over the summer and decide if to keep or loan once more.
2.BUY: RW(Sanchez?),LW(Nani?),CF(Immobile/Mandzukic?),LB(Lulic?),CM back up(Pereyra?),RW backup(Menez?).

Jul 20, 2012
Nani, Sanchez, Lulic, Pereyra, recall Immobile, get a CB and a CM, and call it a Mercato.

Get rid of most of the deadwood, and we are set.
I would say bring in a attacking mid also and it would be a perfect mercato.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to say I was very impressed when Caceres was our rcb in the back 4. I was expecting some kind of mistake but Caceres has been playing very well so I don't see why we need to find a Barzagli replacement so much when we have Caceres who could do a good job in that position.

Jul 20, 2012
I agree we need some new players but what has Marotta done weong up to this point? He bought the majority of our starting 11. Which is amazing

- - - Updated - - -

Why we seriously arent going after Menez is unbelievable because he is free and he would be perfect as a rotation player.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
If this is not a wake up call for Marotta and Conte to aim for better/more versatile players than their loved average-middle age Italian deadwood, i don't know what is.
I agree... we have a lot of italians allready... GK and the whole defence is italian (plus the occasional rotation players)
so we should aim for better players from abroad... We used to go for italian because it would be cheaper.. but the price of players from within the league that are linked to us are inflated like hot air balloons

Jul 20, 2012
I think some of you have forgotten that we are Juve and we have always had a large part of the squad made up of italians. If you want to see a squad made of foreigners go watch Inter or Milan( united colors of benetton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)